Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

which otome game is unforgettable to you, and why?

Probably JackJeanne!

I've played a lot of otome games with beautiful character art since I was young, like Amnesia and CollarxMalice, illustrated by Mai Hanamura. I love her gorgeous arts.

So when I bought JackJeanne on switch and first started playing, I was honestly shocked by the character sprites. I thought, "Why do they look so simple?!"

But as I kept playing and saw more and more CGs, I completely changed my mind. It's such a cute and heartwarming story with an amazing cast of characters. Even the characters you can't romance get several CGs of their own. There are also CGs showing the whole cast performing together, which really made me feel how much love Sui Ishida put into every single character.
Thank you so much, Sui Ishida-sensei!
(Though I guess you can really tell that manga artists aren't used to drawing visual novel sprites, lol.)
 
  • Love
Reactions: vivianna_26
My Candy Love. It was a first for many of us, and it makes me really nostalgic to look back and think 'That is what got me into otome'. Aside from the questionable pay-to-play system, it is a really good visual novel in the sense that it is heartwarming and lovely to play in the place of the mc, and it's interesting to be making so many friends in the journey as you go (And, Enemies too) For me, it's such a simple and plain visual novel, and that is why i like it in the first place. It is almost like a "cool version of highschool". The CGS are quite bad, but if one looks at it like a product of its time, then it truly has its own charm. I still remember coming back from middle school to watch the playthroughs of all the routes, so it think that i also love it so much because it had, and still has, a place in my heart.
 
  • Love
Reactions: vivianna_26
cupid parasite! it was the first otome game i started when i just bought a nintendo switch and i remember falling in love with the story, characters, color scheme, and ost. silly things like the quiz and how they were known as parasites made it all the more unique to me and the comedy really finished it. i also have all the OSTs in my playlist and listen it on repeat hhhh
 
PioFiore thanks to Nicola.
And Dante - the fake - who took everything from him.
 
Virche Evermore, the art is gorgeous, but the despair is so intense that you can't just move on after finishing it. Also some of those endings are genuinely hard to forget.
 
I'm not sure if I should call it an otome game, but I can't forget the game Gakuen Alice, because I watched the anime and read the manga. At that age, falling in love with or building friendships with those characters was a very new idea.
 
  • Love
Reactions: vivianna_26
Amnesia cause it was my first ever proper otome I got from steam and my transition to pc and console from mobile. A3 really shaped my interests in otome/joseimuke. Indie games by tetrascope is unforgettable for me cause it introduced me to doujin otomes.
 
For memories, it's gotta be Code: Realize. Code: Realize was one of the first otome I knew about when I was growing up because it had my favorite voice actor in it (and he's still my favorite voice actor today!). I wasn't able to play actual otome games until quite recently, so when I finally was able to play the full Code: Realize base game, I was really happy!

After playing a few otome games, however, I think Nightshade is a contender for the most unforgettable game just because of Hanzo's route (hence the profile picture). I am playing Sins of Kaleido now, though, and so far I think it's also going to be an unforgettable game (especially the with the unexpected horror aspects I encountered during Tilkett's route!).