Visual Novel Cafe

Walmore: All main routes done...gotta finish the three remaining short stories and I can finally eject it...due to disk space reason.

I've almost completely retired from anime because VNs are much more fulfilling...for some reason...
im also pretty much same, just watching some new season animes for a kind of change.After starting visual novels (specially non-translated ones) animes seems pretty short (since one average vn takes 15-20 hours to finish while an 24 episode anime 7-8 hours) and skips too much scenes,also not being able to read - know what main character is thinking gives unsatisfactory feeling as you said.well at least for me.

Last edited:
im also pretty much same, just watching some new season animes for a kind of change.After starting visual novels (specially non-translated ones) animes seems pretty short (since one average vn takes 15-20 hours to finish while an 24 episode anime 7-8 hours) and skips too much scenes,also not being able to read - know what main character is thinking gives unsatisfactory feeling as you said.well at least for me.

Even though i am pretty newbie at vn thingies, while watching anime even i feel like as if i am skipping the whole VN and checking new CGs quickly. More than that after reading all of those inside-thoughts of MC or whatever, the actions of anime characters feel pretty unrealistic as if they are like robots.

Walmore done, Karumaruka Circle's up next...this is going to be a long haul, I sense...for the fact that it has a true ending.

I've always read VNs raw as I have what it takes to do it...the supply is rather steady, and I think that when read in English the 'tastiness' of the story is lost by a large margin (I do process the text in English...and for some reason it feels that way to me. I'd rather leave one in its original form and post-process it rather than having it already processed).

Karumaruka Circle: One route (Koyomi) down, a couple more to go...I really want to see that old coot cough out blood...

I've been taking so much VN I feel like an alien...I don't (or rather, can't) talk anime nor manga anymore...I feel out of world among the more normal people...probably because I've been reading them raw, too...

A question for Eushully's fans. How were the latest two games from EU: Madou and Soukoku? For me, they were pretty good and far exceeded my expectation. How about you guys? Did they meet your expectation?

A question for Eushully's fans. How were the latest two games from EU: Madou and Soukoku? For me, they were pretty good and far exceeded my expectation. How about you guys? Did they meet your expectation?

I went nuts with Soukoku since, well I love card games and bishoujos so if you mix both of them in one game, I'll level up all characters to max, all cards to max, best equipment, full CGs and everything. Well maybe I missed one loli because I felt a little guilty, but aside from that......ANGELS FTW!!!!
With Madou.....I haven't played it past the tutorial. I hate or still don't like those kind of contruction city and army, units and that kind of system. Maybe one day in the future I'll play it, reach max in everything I feel like and get all the heroines I found interesting, but for now I'll be waiting for their next game.
And even though they were very addictive, I feel like they missed more story, but I'm comparing them to Verita....and that's not fair. But still way better story than Kamidori, not that you can brag about it.

P.S. My last time playing Soukoku was with the Old-rpg-like append, I liked to battle those EX Monsters since those were the hardest in the game so far, but it still lacked more late game dungeons. I could auto-battle everything else, bosses and dangerous alike. Except for the ex ones and the secret boss in the angel route, but just because of that 5-turns restrictions, well I had a deck just for that one but auto-battle didn't work on it.

Started the english version of Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteru yesterday. Tane, Ryou and Eika are really interesting charas, but Tsumugu ... no comment. After the first 30min I can say that it's a funny VN. Although there are some mistakes in the translations it's readable without problems.

My last VN was two months ago already since there are no translations I'm really interested in (mostly nukige) -_-

OMFG CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS FOR OVER 1 WEEK.

DEMONION 2 28.3.2014

COME ON! :D

Asking for a friend who has little knowledge about the Jap language, he wants to learn to play, but he wants the easier games.

Anyone has easy VNs to recommend? I am always on the ball with the newest releases, I cant recommend any old and easy games for him.

^i don't happen to know easy VN, since you still need a certain amount of knowlegde for japanese in order to play them without AGTH or whatever it is... but if you want an easy-going story... might want to try from comedy with less H scene genre!

log: played on Sakuraoto.... totally dissapointed with ensemble this time. the story are just way to shallow but the size are huges! the only character that has a long story is just the main heroine Manami, others are likely just an Omake for her! and sub-chara uses are too minimalized! i guess it wont be long before ensemble turn their direction from eroge to nukige!

He's still trying to learn the language, apparently he doesnt wanna use the translators. I went through the same stages as him when I started out, but I didnt care for the level of the games besides avoiding Nitro+ only. So yeah, still wanna hear for any easier games. I tried recommend him Whirlpool/Ensemble/Lump of Sugar for him to try though.

the three you recommend except for ensemble, contains some of complicated plot. i'd avoid them if i were you... well you might want to recommend GIGA (not the team baldrhead section one) maybe... Cube also a start...

as my recomendation... go try AXL! the story are easy to adapt! and not dissapointing!

Here's my input, all this assuming no text hooker/translator used:

You don't expect VN (well, the 18+ ones, which is most of them) to be some children book...yes, like Animaksiat said above, one would need a degree of knowledge in the language (Japanese) to make sense out of VNs.

Older titles are not necessarily easier (in fact, I'd say that the really old ones are pretty hard for beginners due to no voice, and as such, make it much harder to guess the words written in kanji...but I may be taking it into the extreme for that).

From various VNs I've played completely through...I find Lovely Quest (Hooksoft, 2012) the "simplest" one out of all of them - no circumstances too wacky (in the sense of language, that is) nor much exotic terminologies and pretty fun overall...take that with a grain of salt, though...I'm no expert at detecting "easiness".
The others from Hooksoft (that I had fully finished are Sugirly Wish and PriministAr) are...well, straightforward (esp. the latter), not very difficult (but not as easy as LQ, IMHO) and rather enjoyable.
Another one I would recommend is Friend to Lover/Fureraba (SMEE, mid-2013) - that one is quite typical, and nothing too wacky. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Karumaruka Circle: 4/6 routes done...Nico (Collard)'s route left me heavy and exhausted for a long while. I really can't handle heavy stories...especially from VNs.

Started Imouto no Okage de Mote Sugi te Yabai...caved in to Miya first...and I kept mispronouncing her name as Miwa for some reason...this one seems pretty easy language-wise, but I have only started so I can't say for sure for the entire thing, that's why I did not include this one.

Dear, it's dead silent here 99% of the time...do people seek action over reading...? Game-wise, I mean.

I read actual books for nonfiction...I prefer VNs for my [teen, youth, whatever the term is] fiction reading material...

I'm into Moteyaba now...sense that it can be finished relatively quickly so I'll just see it all the way through before going back to Karumaruka Circle. Unlocked Meguri's route (that mean four initial routes down) and now onto it.

I just finished today Ourai no Gahkthun, a really good novel. Also I've already played the titles of the month I wanted too (Moteyaba, HHG Ragnarok and Sakuoto). Now it seems I don't have nothing to read until next week, so I guess I can read one novel from my backlog. I think I'll finally read Reminiscence and be pissed, like everybody, about the writer incapability of writing a decent ending.

Another thing, do you guys have a software that splits the OSTs that comes in one archive? There's plenty of novels where I like one or two OSTs but they're buried in a huge pile of averageness that I always delete the disks, is there any way to get the separated files or I've to check for them separated?

Reactions: uenchuceli
Another thing, do you guys have a software that splits the OSTs that comes in one archive? There's plenty of novels where I like one or two OSTs but they're buried in a huge pile of averageness that I always delete the disks, is there any way to get the separated files or I've to check for them separated?

Give a more accurate description and maybe a screenshot of your file...what you say sound pretty vague, and things like this usually come in a case-by-case basis.

Reactions: oilaolenm
Give a more accurate description and maybe a screenshot of your file...what you say sound pretty vague, and things like this usually come in a case-by-case basis.

Actually the huge majority of torrents with OST in the files are one archive, heck I don't even remember downloading any where they come split aside the last vn from type-moon... Anyway what I meant it's file like this one weew.png

Actually the huge majority of torrents with OST in the files are one archive, heck I don't even remember downloading any where they come split aside the last vn from type-moon... Anyway what I meant it's file like this one View attachment 3519

I can see that you are using foobar2000.

This should be a cinch if you still have the .cue file that should come with the .wav. Drag the .cue into foobar and it will generate the playlist of that wav. Convert the desired track(s) by right click it, find the option to convert, and you are done.

I can see that you are using foobar2000.

This should be a cinch if you still have the .cue file that should come with the .wav. Drag the .cue into foobar and it will generate the playlist of that wav. Convert the desired track(s) by right click it, find the option to convert, and you are done.

Thanks, never thought it would be this easy, living and learning I suppose.

On a side note, this month looks bad, I wasn't attracted by any novel so far... Are you guys wait for anything or just backlog month too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, almost RJ01034281 mexa links are dead, please could you reupload these?
yan_yan wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry, Could you please re-upload RJ01133991 ?

☄️RELEASE☄️[231229][メスイキラボ] 【メスイキ地獄】究極のガチイキメソッド本 ちんぽメスイキ・潮吹き乳首イキ メスイキ性感開発バイブル編
jike1233 wrote on Shine's profile.
would you update this file [May] 八星帝 [RJ01004084].the old download link is 404 and the newest version is 1.70
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, is it possible for you to reup these old ded links?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!
Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hey big thanks for uploading!

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01073118.html

Do you perhaps also have this one? I also can't find it online!