[Utility] SB3Utility (GUI + Script) Releases and Support Discussion

Re: SB3Utility (GUI + Script)

Don't know why I can't post my discussion here it was deleted so re-posting again.
@Enimaroah
Copy-Paste transform did work in alpha 1.053 after creating item fog and item waterfall if caused game to crash. I don't know the reason, but I will see it much later as I need time to recover myself from some health problem. I used other tactics to make the fog and item waterfall work. I will post them in HF once it comes back online cause I have problem with AS using a VPN software.

Hm, I can see both of your messages here. But you had used banned image hosts, so your links were replaced and filled with asterisks. You can use Advanced editing and Manage attachments here like in HF (before the rollback / update).

Reactions: trtlatstewa

Well funny thing is now I can also see it. :XD:. I swear it wasn't there. I can wait week or two when HF comes back to original. Are admin working on it? Only update I got from them is asking to report bugs

Hm... I guess I was copying something not supported yet.
I saw these messages when I copy-paste item_25 & p_item_25 in ItemObj_02.

"No Clone method for EllipsoidParticleEmitter
No Clone method for ParticleAnimator"

Well, guess I will spend some time on other renderers.
I have a lot of textures for some fascinating FXs, what I need is the right renderers to produce the effects.

Reactions: trtlatstewa

Hm... I guess I was copying something not supported yet.
I saw these messages when I copy-paste item_25 & p_item_25 in ItemObj_02.

"No Clone method for EllipsoidParticleEmitter
No Clone method for ParticleAnimator"

Well, guess I will spend some time on other renderers.
I have a lot of textures for some fascinating FXs, what I need is the right renderers to produce the effects.

Try 1.053 alpha. It copies the particle render but after I try to create an FX item causes the game to crash. I will work on it again after a day or more from bed rest. With new game coming I might need the FX items for studio support creativity. All hope that it has a similar porting method I do in SBPR

Posted my problem in HF mod discussion thread yesterday and the posts of last day are gone. Looks like a one day server roll back. Thank good I didn't type too long cuz my "spidey sense" (sixth sense lolz) was tingling me. I am having a problem doing vertices splitting. But after doing the EditMesh>Detach and putting the file back to tool. It still report problem that vertcies exceed 65534. Here is the model along with the pictures note. I think I am not doing something right. MEGA

The Object#255 seems to be easier than #209 because it is in one plane. Use "Edit Mesh" / Merge with a threshold of 0.1 or bigger and the result will have about 14k vertices.

The hammock #209 is quite a load for the gpu. But I couldn't find such an easy fix as for the other. You could try to replace that mesh with a lower poly version from another game. Wasn't there a camping site in @HomeMate with a hammock?

The Object#255 seems to be easier than #209 because it is in one plane. Use "Edit Mesh" / Merge with a threshold of 0.1 or bigger and the result will have about 14k vertices.

The hammock #209 is quite a load for the gpu. But I couldn't find such an easy fix as for the other. You could try to replace that mesh with a lower poly version from another game. Wasn't there a camping site in @HomeMate with a hammock?

So I was doing it right but it was a bit difficult to handle. Thanks for looking at it. Just went to my map mods in studio and found one. Yup you are aright, it is in camping site of AHM map. I can use that for substitute. Now I have some few questions I wanted to ask about Maya 2016.
1- When you said that "Use "Edit Mesh" / Merge with a threshold of 0.1 or bigger and the result will have about 14k vertices" I want to ask how to count or see the number of vertices? I mean when doing detach or merge in Edit Mesh.
2- When I import "mesh0" from model and then"mesh0" from another, Maya shows only one. Like import meshA then I import meshB. A is overwritten by B or vice versa. How to make them stay at one screen
3- I forgot what I wanted to ask because Switzerland goal. and commentator was shouting :XD:

Just remembered what I wanted to ask. Wouldn't merging vertices may distort the texture?

A vertex in the games has only one UV coordinate pair - a position on the texture. But it doesn't matter to which submesh that vertex belongs to. As long as the merge operation just changes this grouping everything is fine.

Please stay on topic. Questions about Maya I would like to discuss elsewhere. Hint: enable the HUD to see numbers of vertices. Import options of FBX files allow to use Namespaces and have an Include / File Content: "Add" option.

Yeah. I will post the 3Ds question in HF 3d thread. Thanks

Since HF seems to be inaccessible - the new and long announced game from Illusion has been released - what a coincedence - I make the newest Sb3UGS available here too. Links point to HF and might not work currectly.

[size=+1]SB3Utility(GUI+Script) 1.1.0[/size]

UnityPlugin:
SB3Utility and plugins download:

Yeah just came home and HF is inaccessible again.... Another hack attack? Next downloading the game and check the studio contents... :D

EDIT:

TGA completely unsupported... Compensated with PNG....?

Thanks, enimaroah!

I did manage to get into Hongfire a while ago, but it was so slow that it was timing out when attempting to load a page.

I have to echo ramoram -- TGA completely unsupported? Really?

Sb3UGS's DirectX9 renderer suffered from the W10 Anniversary update like older Illusion games. And when I replaced all functionality using DirectX11 the texture format conversion didn't support TGA format any longer. Removed with DX10. I might convert TGA manually, but this has no high priority.

Priority has HS support. The way Materials and Texture were separated from meshes is currently not supported by SB3UGS.

Sb3UGS's DirectX9 renderer suffered from the W10 Anniversary update like older Illusion games. And when I replaced all functionality using DirectX11 the texture format conversion didn't support TGA format any longer. Removed with DX10. I might convert TGA manually, but this has no high priority.

Priority has HS support. The way Materials and Texture were separated from meshes is currently not supported by SB3UGS.

That's too bad, as I still open and extract quite a number of older Illusion game files. Guess I'll have to remember to keep an older copy of SBUGS for that.

Thankfully I have 1.053Kappa and for me it's good version.... Like Sinbad.... I intend to re-work the old illusion maps again for HS this time testing a theory to tackle with texture flicker problem..... So no problem for me having two tools (old and latest version)..... :D

The last DirectX9 version to keep would be SB3UGS_v1.0.54epsilon which can be downloaded on megafileupload.

As soon as HS support is stable I will consider updating older plugins, especially pp files and everything around the older engine. But I guess TGA support would be a first. I doubt that support for games from REAL/Interheart and TeaTime/FullTime are missed. So I let those aside.

Hi enimaroah! Meet here again in anime-sharing. What a pity that HF is being suffered from time to time.
Just have two questions:

1) Just wonder, when you study the HS files, do you get any hints how the submeshes are externally linked to the material file?
I suppose PathIDs are used, though they are not visible in the current SB3UGS.
What I can do now is using copy-paste function to transfer the materials (with its shaders) to the submesh files.
So far so good, but if we can use the official way, it is always nicer. (I think it also helps in performance too)

2) This is something related to 1). Sometimes when we copy-paste things to other files, it gives that "it was not built with the right version..." error in output log.
I know this is fixable by trying 0-3 in inventory offset, but do you find clues that helps without blind-guessing? I just want to know a bit more in this matter, nothing in the top priority.

Once again, thank you so much for the consistent updates of SB3UGS.

:alice_happy:

Hello aastaroth,

yeah, it looks like our home forum can hardly be used now. So I am grateful to have AS.

In Unity files there is a pointer concept. Such a pointer consists of a FileID and a PathID. Inside of the same file the FileID is 0. So an internal material for a submesh has a FileID=0. External references have a FileID not equal to 0 and can be resolved by a using a table inside the file which contains external CABStrings or file paths. If no assets are selected use Options / "View Data" to see this table. The PathID is a unique identifier for every asset inside the file. PathIDs are visible in Sb3UGS for Texture2D, Material, Shader and Mesh assets in the selections.

Unity files without any material get a new type entry for the first Material asset when you paste one into the file. This new entry is the reason for denying the file. But I couldn't find out an exact rule to implement a solution. I will search for this missing rule a bit later. External materials and textures will come next.

Thanks a lot for the explanation :)

Finally imported a map to HS and to be honest, the standard shader in unity 5 is truly powerful. I just need only ONE shader for several hundreds of materials of my map!

Argh, this is not why I am posting here though. Actually I encountered a bug when I import materials from the fbx file.
It seems that the MainTex texture slot has its "scale" changed from 1,1 to 0,0 after the batch copying process using an existing material as an template. The scale is located in the small box highlighted in the picture.

View attachment 12146

Yes, the texture scaling in FBX files is supported and considered. I will check if that part has been broken in the v1.1.0.

Edit:
Checked, and it works as intended for me.

Select a texture, then switch to the placing tab in the Attribute editor (right hand side). The scaling is labeled "Repeat UV".
TexScaling01.jpg
When I exported all and merged the material into the file by using drag and drop into the Object Tree the scaling was correctly changed.

Which tool created your FBX file with the material?

Edit2:
But Sb3UGS's renderer isn't showing that scaling. I could add this in no time.

Last edited:

Hmmm... actually it was the fbx file I exported from SBPR's Lorelei map, so yeah, the tool is SB3UGS itself :P (although I am using 1.0.54 delta, not the latest version)

Not all materials are incorrectly re-scaled though. Some of them don't re-scale, some of them do. But I cannot find any reason behind this. I didn't even edited the fbx file before re-importing the material.

That is good, because then I can fix it :D Although I have seen correct rescaling in Bumpmap, MainTex and SpecularMap there must be something wrong.

Do you have the name of the Unity file / Animator / Mesh or Material? Or could you attach the export? I cant remember where Lorelei was singing; none of the files contains 'Rhein' anywhere!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.
deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?
deckera wrote on Shine's profile.
can you re up this ?
tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]