[Utility] SB3Utility (GUI + Script) Releases and Support Discussion

SB3UGS_v1.5.17

• Fix for accidental Nml mesh renaming - thanks to Belgar17
  • Change for centering SkinnedMeshRenderers no longer considers their combined transformation matrix - thanks to Neerhom
  • Fix for Texture not deleted from file's Assets menu
  • Fix for crash when an AnimatorController was opened and a Material & Texture Animator was open
  • Fix for AnimationClip Stop time and Rate after replacement of animation
  • Change for editing Rate of AnimationClips adapts Start and Stop times
  • Fix for crash in Nml computation for virtual Animators [caused by a change in v1.5.12] - thanks to Belgar17

Download:
1fichier, sendspace

Sources:
1fichier, sendspace

Hello enimaroah.

I'm having a problem importing morphs with SB3UGS_v1.5.17.

Images will explain this better than I could:

I import the FBX with the morphs ready:
import_fbx.JPG

I drag and drop the shape group, It comes up with the name unknown_blendshape:
dragndrop.JPG

I rename it to bs00_eye:
rename.JPG

The morph clip stays named unknown_blendshape:
stilloldname.JPG

This used to work just fine in 1.4.4, where the morph clip name would be named bs00_eye. I'm returning to that version for importing morphs.

Thanks.

Thanks for your report. Yes, indeed. I have simplified that grouping a while ago when I implemented support for progressive morphs, but the replacement dialog's target morph clip seems not to work as it should.

You can enter a new group name in the channel editor for the "Morph Clip [DOT] Channel Name" and this moves it into the new group. It is not convenient when you need to rename many channels though.

SB3UGS_v1.5.18

• Removed first Quaternion flipping during resampling animations (InterpolateTrack)
  • Changed morph replacement to use the Morph Target Name as new group name - thanks to roy12
  • Fixed crash in morph replacement when new keyframes had to be renamed - thanks to roy12
  • Added renaming Morph Clip - thanks to roy12
fetch
fetch

Download:
sendspace, 1fichier

Sources:
sendspace, 1fichier

SB3UGS_v1.5.18

• Removed first Quaternion flipping during resampling animations (InterpolateTrack)
  • Changed morph replacement to use the Morph Target Name as new group name - thanks to roy12
  • Fixed crash in morph replacement when new keyframes had to be renamed - thanks to roy12
  • Added renaming Morph Clip - thanks to roy12
fetch
fetch

Download:
sendspace, 1fichier

Sources:
sendspace, 1fichier

I can confirm this version fixed it enimaroah. Thank you.

SB3UGS_v1.5.19

• Fix for cancelled renaming of ImportedMesh. Subsequent replacement using "Create Mesh Transform"
    created empty name of mesh Transform and Mesh and saving the file or another replacement crashed. - thanks to Singuras1
  • Fix for leaving Submesh Material -, Material Texture - and AnimationClip selection with TAB or SHIFT-TAB
  • Fix for Center and Extend computation for Mesh, MeshRenderer and SkinnedMeshRenderer in replacement - thanks to GIL★ギル
Download:
1fichier, sendspace

Sources:
1fichier, sendspace

Reactions: GIL★ギル
I'm following exactly the same steps in .12 and .19, no difference in the logs/script windows, no error messages, but vastly different results.
What I do:
I have a base file, a map with just one mesh, one material and one texture. I open it.
I open an fbx file containing all I need for a map import.
I drag the imported frame group. Merge -0 -dummy.
I drag the texture group.
I drag the material group.
I drag the meshes group. Merge/replace/replace/mesh

In .12, this will get me a perfectly fine port with all the meshes and textures. Just a few steps away from a total port.
In .19, this will get me unskinned meshes. The textures are gone, poof. No error message of any kind. As I said, identical logs.

Is a material with the same name already present before you merge the material from the workspace?

The error cant be reproduced without the destination file you are using.

Edit:
Incompatible behaviour between v1.5.12 and later found. Your textures have names with the old format extension before the file extension.

Last edited:
They do. DXT5. I'm guessing this will be adressed in a future edition? Thanks for your hard work, it's very appreciated.

It is [not the hard work part; it is addressed now]. I am very sorry. This one slipped through my attention when I made a change in v1.5.13. Big thanks!

SB3UGS_v1.5.20

• Fix for merging materials losing their textures [caused by a change in v1.5.13]
Download:
1fichier, sendspace

Sources:
1fichier, sendspace

Last edited:
Reactions: GIL★ギル
I can't download version 1.5.20. Not downloading at all stuck at 0%

Is this a typing error? I downloaded 1.5.20 but opening the program it says it's 1.5.19.

I have forgotten to change the title. It is the 1.5.20. You can see it in the ChangeLog.txt file and in the UnityBase.dll's file date.

But the next version with destroying and computing of Center & Extend will not take long. I hope to get it ready by tomorrow.

What does the "Computation and Destruction" do actually? I kinda couldn't understand well in the discussion thread.

The bounding box is used for speedy culling of the whole (Skinned)MeshRenderer. I dont know exactly, but this could even mean that the whole mesh with all its textures and may be even the shader does not have to be transferred to the gpu.

When you replace a mesh then Sb3UGS computes this bounding box with its Center and Extend. It is a simple minimum and maximum over all vertex positions. Unity stores this at submesh, Mesh and SkinnedMeshRenderer level.

The Mesh Attributes editor allows to destroy the bounding box by using an illegal floating pointing value. This effectively prevents the culling of the mesh. If this is used heavily in big maps then slower systems will get problems and drop fps. In my observation it was sufficient to destroy the bounding box for the Mesh and I left the bounding box for the submeshes untouched.

When you compute the bounding box in the Mesh Attribute editor then the bounding box of the submeshes is used to restore it for the Mesh. This is faster than processing each vertex again.

Fixing maps which show the self shadow bug can be converted by selecting all meshes and destroying the bounding box. But this should only be done for a test. If such a converted map is okay afterwards then I would recommend to re-compute the bounding box and destroy it only where needed. Finding out the needed meshes might be time consuming and I currently have no idea how to do this efficiently.

Map making in general should favor separate MeshRenderers instead of using many submeshes. This allows Unity to cull earlier.

@enimaroah after the new update of SB3UG I can't edit the TextAssets (i.e the studio item lists) for HS, nor do I seem able to copy and paste them into a text document as it seem.
Did I forget about something now again? I do have a feeling of that I may have.

@Syncroz
I was about to post the same problem. It opens after like clicking and pressing entering multiple times.

No idea. Internal editor and copy & paste work as they should for me. BTW, HS uses textual MonoBehaviours for item lists not TextAssets.

When working with copy & paste make sure that you close the internal editor and open it after pasting. It doesn't refresh automatically.

No idea. Internal editor and copy & paste work as they should for me. BTW, HS uses textual MonoBehaviours for item lists not TextAssets.

When working with copy & paste make sure that you close the internal editor and open it after pasting. It doesn't refresh automatically.

Sorry! Can't tell them apart apart sometimes. I bet I've called the MonoBehaviours for TextAssets at least a hundred of times by now.
Anyhow, I tried to download SB3UGS again, and now it's magically working again.

:akazukin_down:
-I don't get it...

Hm, which version were you using before? And, @ramoram, which version do you have the problems with?

I need something for version comparison to trace such bugs and also the circumstances when a bug happens. All times, after "Paste all Marked" of an asset, etc. That is what makes SB3UtilityGUI.autosavescript.txt and the last session in it so valuable to me.

@Enimaroah
The latest 1.5.21. It's giving a delay response in opening the text sheet 2 of studio item list.

@Enimaroah
The latest 1.5.21. It's giving a delay response in opening the text sheet 2 of studio item list.

Let me guess, the big one - produced with HIR which includes all future items? That might take some time for preparation.

Let me guess, the big one - produced with HIR which includes all future items? That might take some time for preparation.

No I am not using the HIR. I opened the studio list in the tool directly for tests. Please ignore the problem that I mentioned it. I opened the task manager and found out there is one app running behind the window which I didn't shutdown properly last night, consuming most of memory. That affected the slow performance in the tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ronove wrote on Lebedev's profile.
reupl part2 of this game please
mizuno ai wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you reupload RJ01056054 ?
Amgoose wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
The old link

This one (https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01113293.html)
The game seems to have gotten removed from dlsite? I don't know why but I was able to find it in fanza

https://www.dmm.co.jp/dc/doujin/-/detail/=/cid=d_318150/

Would it be possible to upload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM