Nyaa situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Problems with nyaa.se

Let's just hope it ends soon....I really don't like dealing with IIRC and DDL's. ._.

IRC and DDLS are faster than Torrents. Why you hate on them?

I'm not sure about XDCC (IRC) but DDL sucks for me. I'm guessing that that it really depends on region. My connection always get cut in the middle of a download, and download speeds are really slow.

I'm not sure about XDCC (IRC) but DDL sucks for me. I'm guessing that that it really depends on region. My connection always get cut in the middle of a download, and download speeds are really slow.

Well thats sad~ XDCC is resumable and you can get up to 20-50kbps speed.
But you have to be wise in choosing servers. Pick one closest to your country.

XDCC downloading at least in my Country (Greece) i am dowloading near 1,16MB/s and i am cool with this speed.

Well thats sad~ XDCC is resumable and you can get up to 20-50kbps speed.
But you have to be wise in choosing servers. Pick one closest to your country.

I've been using XDCC for quite I while now actually, and it's my favourite method. What I do like about torrents though, is that episodes can be downloaded as batches which is a lot more convenient, albeit sometimes sluggish.

Sorry to be slow in sharing here. Yes it is a widespread DOS (denial of service) attack on a number of anime and torrent related sites, it included Anime Sharing for a while as well for parts of the US, it appears some think...it is coming from a Japanese source but we think not official as in Government. It has affected Horrible and Anime take as they are both on the same server in the Ukraine. Here are details from some of the staff at Horrible for you if you are interested. This happened about a month and a half ago, and it may be the same ppl, someone with a grudge or some other motive we just don't know. It should pass soon, they can't keep it up forever and the teams are working on work around.

here is a link with helping info.

http://animevodka.wordpress.com/2014/08/30/live-blog-nyaa-se-is-down/

---------------------

申し訳ありませんが、ここでの共有が遅いことである。はい、それが広まっDOS(サービス拒否)アニメや急流関連サイトの数の攻撃で、それは米国の一部のためだけでなく、しばらくの間、アニメの共有を含め、それが日本語から来ている...いくつかは考えて表示されますソース私たちは、政府のように、公式ではないと思います。それは恐ろしい影響を与えていると、彼らは両方ともウクライナの同じサーバー上にあるようにアニメ取る。ご興味のある方はここにあなたのための恐ろしいのスタッフの一部から詳細があります。これは前の月と約半分が起こった、それは同じ皆さん、恨みや私たちが単に知らない他のいくつかの動機を持つ人かもしれません。それはすぐに渡す必要があり、彼らは永遠にそれを維持することができず、チームは周りの作業に取り組んでいます。

ここに情報を手助けしたリンクです。

http://animevodka.wordpress.com/2014/08/30/liveブログ-nyaa-SEである - down/[/ URL]

Yea well I am not sure if it's load being redirected or DOS itself affecting me but even I can feel the sluggish response of anime-sharing as well. So I guess whatever it is, its effect is felt in India as well.

Another update:
Swaps made an investigation about it this. Attack originates in JP but the JP government is highly unlikely to be behind it.
Here's a very detailed post:
http://swaps4.com/why-and-who-is-attacking-anime-related-websites/

USA-server-DDoS-2.png

Very interesting, having read both of those.
Here's hoping though, that it'll stop soon, and with more protection from DDoS on the server sides of many sites that host anime/games. I don't want to lose access to the H-Games that I torrent here from time to time. ;_;

Another update:
Swaps made an investigation about it this. Attack originates in JP but the JP government is highly unlikely to be behind it.
Here's a very detailed post:
http://swaps4.com/why-and-who-is-attacking-anime-related-websites/

View attachment 5644
How sure are we that they didn't involve in this, even if it's indirectly, or via 3rd party.
Through out histories, countries have done various illegal activities to achieve their goal.
How many countries have it's legitimate government thrown down by a coup that was backed by the CIA?
How about that new aircraft carrier that the JMSDF has, but classified under a destroyer class, just because of their pacifist law prevent them from making/owning any offensive capability weapons/equipment?

Reactions: espiekerella

How sure are we that they didn't involve in this, even if it's indirectly, or via 3rd party.
Through out histories, countries have done various illegal activities to achieve their goal.
How many countries have it's legitimate government thrown down by a coup that was backed by the CIA?
How about that new aircraft carrier that the JMSDF has, but classified under a destroyer class, just because of their pacifist law prevent them from making/owning any offensive capability weapons/equipment?

Denial-of-service attacks are considered violations of the Internet Architecture Board's Internet proper use policy, and also violate the acceptable use policies of virtually all Internet service providers. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.
Plus, if it really is the JP government, they should have questioned the Hosting company and suspend the site rather than a weak DDOs attack. This is just an attempt to make fans panic, to threaten, and to shift blames to JP government.

DDos attacks like these involves money, if it really was the JP gov then all those sites that was listed at crunchyroll should have fallen victim. But no..the attacker cold only afford a few sites.

This won't last long I bet, unless the one attacking was involved with spreading JLau's nude pics and got a huge amount of bitcoin..lol

Plus, if it really is the JP government, they should have questioned the Hosting company and suspend the site rather than a weak DDOs attack. This is just an attempt to make fans panic, to threaten, and to shift blames to JP government.

DDos attacks like these involves money, if it really was the JP gov then all those sites that was listed at crunchyroll should have fallen victim. But no..the attacker cold only afford a few sites.

This won't last long I bet, unless the one attacking was involved with spreading JLau's nude pics and got a huge amount of bitcoin..lol

Who is JLau :reallyconfused:

exactly ... just because Prime Minister Abe did not hold a new conference where he openly said "LET THE ATTACK BEGIN!" does NOT mean that the Japanese government is not behind all the DDOS attacks on anime and manga sharing sites ... too many sites were hit at the same time, by too powerful of attackers for it to be the effort if just one or two hackers out to amuse themselves ... this was a closely coordinated, large scale attack that has continued for way longer than a "hacker amusement" attack lasts

I spent 15 yrs in the military, much of it with a security clearance high enough that I got to look at very "interesting" reports and documents ... just because this attack is not waving the Japanese flag does not mean that they are not the real power behind the attack

remember ... weeks ago there were news posts saying that action was going to be taken against the anime/manga sharing sites ... and they referrenced a piece of legislation that had been agreed on/approved recently

the warnings were given

what both baffles me ... and at times amuses me ... is the fact that for some unknown reason the Japanese government, and the anime and manga producers cant seem to figure out that the best way to lessen the amount of anime/manga sharing that goes on ... would be to make it easier for the fans all over the world to GET the anime and manga they love !

the licensing companies are a pathetic joke ... they only bring out a tiny fragment of the anime & manga produced

I have seen some sharing scanlation groups put a note in their scanlations to please support the artist by BUYING the manga when it becomes available in your country ................. and sadly that usually never happens because the manga never comes out in their country

there ARE betters ways that can be done in order to make it easier for all us otaku to GET the anime and manga we love ... because lets be honest, some of the translations we get are not the best ... especially when someone like myself who is just learning Japanese can spot some of the more obvious screw-ups in the translation ... and not all of those video rips are of real good quality ... I would also be lying if I said I never got a video rip/fansub translation where the subtitle track was WAY out of sync with the actual dialog/sound track

we otaku are not stupid ... we know that anime and manga take time and money to produce ... I have no doubt that there are more than anough of us who would be willing to pay a reasonable price for the anime and manga we love ........... if there was a way to get it without using a sharing site

I myself have bought anime series when they finally come out a year or two later because an idiotic licensing company took that long to find crappy English voice actors/actresses to do a lame ass dub of the series ... I watch it in Japanese with sub-titles

Plus, if it really is the JP government, they should have questioned the Hosting company ...

the only problem with that idea is that the Japanese government can not question hosting companies in other countries ... like China, the Ukraine, Sweden, and others

DDOS attacks are really the only way they have to go after them

why do you think no goverment has been able to shut down PirateBay

Last edited:

exactly ... just because Prime Minister Abe did not hold a new conference where he openly said "LET THE ATTACK BEGIN!" does NOT mean that the Japanese government is not behind all the DDOS attacks on anime and manga sharing sites ... too many sites were hit at the same time, by too powerful of attackers for it to be the effort if just one or two hackers out to amuse themselves ... this was a closely coordinated, large scale attack that has continued for way longer than a "hacker amusement" attack lasts

Hear! Hear! I totally agree with you.
It's like December 7 all over again. Simultaneous attacks out several military key installations and bases, except this time it's the fan's home base(Nyaa) and some vital sites(HS & such).

people, those DDoS attacks that we are experiencing those day made the forum a bit more slagy because the speed is very low to go from thread to thread or to go to main page from mine profile page is very slow!

anyway i hope those DDoS attacks will stop eventually.

good ppl working hard and will hopefully be over soon, evil ppl do not have patience they just want make fuss and hurt and get bored. keep the faith. we will be ok i am sure.

Not sure if this is related but Actually this did happen. A huge celebrity privacy breach where a hacker allegedly breached Apple’s iCloud service and copied the nude images of several high-profile persona including actors, models, singers and presenters of at least 100 high-profile stars where the images are thought to have first been posted a week ago. The anonymous hacker, sparked the scandal on Sunday after dumping a large cache of female celebrities' alleged naked photographs onto the 4chan online forum.
The list of those celebrities allegedly affected, whose nudes photographs are supposedly in this cache, is very long that includes Jenny McCarthy, Rihanna, Kristin Dunst, Kate Upton, the American actress Mary E Winstead, and the Oscar winning actress Jennifer Lawrence.

btw the 24-year-old Hunger Games and X-Men actress Jennifer Lawrence icluding several others have confirmed that the leaked photographs are genuine.

Read more on Wiki

Eh don't wanna sound cold or anything but piracy is like dealing with a hydra. Kill one and you get 10 heads. Hell if you try to hunt the beast too aggressively it might end up growing more bodies rather than just heads just like in the case of piratebay. I suppose it's time nyaa learns this lesson as well.

Eh don't wanna sound cold or anything but piracy is like dealing with a hydra. Kill one and you get 10 heads. Hell if you try to hunt the beast too aggressively it might end up growing more bodies rather than just heads just like in the case of piratebay. I suppose it's time nyaa learns this lesson as well.

you have a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.