[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Translation Discussion

So I've been digging into the games folders and stuff, looking for the H-Scene Japanese texts for the new personalities and positions and what have you, because I'd like to work on getting them translated, but I cant for the life of me find where they've been hidden, and I don't quite know how to get the UITranslation to output the text, I get the prefix, i.e. hso_12_120, but no characters. Anyone know where I can find these? I've attached some screen shots to illustrate what I'm talking about.

View attachment 15445View attachment 15446

Is anyone (or knows anyone) that's working on the game GUI translation?
If not then I'll start it. I don't want to do it if someone already started translating it, there's alot of buttons to translate so I don't want to waste my time.

Is anyone (or knows anyone) that's working on the game GUI translation?
If not then I'll start it. I don't want to do it if someone already started translating it, there's alot of buttons to translate so I don't want to waste my time.
Seeing as how many translators were also on HF, and that's still under maintenance, it's hard to say. As far as I've seen, though, it doesn't seem likely. Most of it is already taken care of, right? There is also some new stuff in the Config menu that need translation, as well.

Mind helping me or adding more details to what you did to make the translation work? thank you :)[/Q]

Uhm, not sure if this would work, but it worked on my game. Use foxxyswords' Translations.ini(not sure if relevant) and StudioNeo_64_Data.

eh..um.. can you be more specific? lol

Forgot to add i dont care bout NEO i just want basic HS translation.

Last edited:
Sorry all I did was what I've already posted. I'm sure Dilldoe will be able to help you soon. in the meantime, try reinstalling the patches in this order: IPA 3.3, Ui translation .16, Hongfire translations. Then make sure you have dragged the HoneySelect_64.exe executable over the IPA's to create the patched exe (this should create a new .exe called "HoneySelect_64 (Patch & Launch)", which will need to be used at least once to set up the thing.

After doing that, the main game works well on my end. Your problem is very weird tho, dunno what could be causing it, but it wouldn't hurt to try again.

Hey i wanna say thanks did the order then added a translation pack and works now! ty ty ty! lol

Oh...only them main menu is translated not in h-scenes :/

Last edited:
For those struggling with this the answer lies in the translation text file.

HoneySelect_32_Folder=HoneySelect
HoneySelect_64_Folder=HoneySelect
HoneyStudio_32_Folder=HoneyStudio
HoneyStudio_64_Folder=HoneyStudio
StudioNEO_32_Folder=StudioNEO
StudioNEO_64_Folder=StudioNEO

It should have the two Studio Neo pointers. I think the one machine translation the text file only points to the neo folder, so while it translates the studio it doesn't translate the base game. So if you install that you end up with one translated but not the other. The Dilldoe file has the translations but no .ini to point to neo so you have to do this manually which I assume is the main thing people are missing in this install order.

So install the ui translation first,then the hongfire main game translations then the machine translation and then dilldoe. Once that is done, go into Plugins/UItranslation and open translation.ini and make sure all the folder pointers are correct.

Then run with a patched .exe as per usual and you should have a translated main game as well as the neo translation and the old studio translation as well.

When you launch the main game you should find the main menu buttons are translated but many other things, as pointed out in this thread are not, unless you change the numbers. The neo Translation is obvious by the "this may take a while to load" message on immediate launch.

So i followed the steps Stamper suggested and after some trial and error i got the NEO Studio translated . . . kinda.
It looks like this now.
View attachment 15467

It seems to load the wrong "textures" or something like that, i tried to reinstall the UITranlastion but that's didn't help.
Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

Just to get it clear - current translation dose not translate the buttons in the main menu, only text in maker - in game. Or i messed something up?

https://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FMID=1269
Probable.

the buttons are an image map so current translations will not translate them. The new map has been redone and buttons repositioned (old image was 1024x2048, new one is 2048x1024) This is for the H-scene gui, some of the other gui are unchanged and still works (hence only some new items are untranslated)
I'm doing the gui now, hopefully be done by this weekend. it's so time consuming moving the old buttons into the new button position (and some of the item are different color than the old one by just a bit)

That font may be the illusion font, but was asking what font did the translator use. I can't match it with any stock font.

So i followed the steps Stamper suggested and after some trial and error i got the NEO Studio translated . . . kinda.
It looks like this now.
View attachment 15467

It seems to load the wrong "textures" or something like that, i tried to reinstall the UITranlastion but that's didn't help.
Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

I can't see the image, but I'm guessing you didn't install the Neo patch 'honeyparty_01_plus.exe'

You beauty! Incrementing the numbers for the dialogue translation files restores a lot of that too!

Incrementing all the numbers for the dialogues to .17 had the side-effect of restoring all those *initial* audio translations that were not appearing (the ones on each position change). Bonus!

90% done with the h-scene GUI.

Anyone know what this translate to (or what actions it is)? 男力スタム

that's the only new button I don't know what it is (can't find it in game)

90% done with the h-scene GUI.

Anyone know what this translate to (or what actions it is)? 男力スタム

that's the only new button I don't know what it is (can't find it in game)

Custom man? Customize man, maybe? Not sure.

I think he means he can't find the function in game, like... Where is the button?

While he said he couldn't find it in game, which I can't either, he did ask what it translated to. You don't need to know where it appears in game to translate it in the sprite atlas.

If I were to guess, given that they've now enabled costume loading for female characters, perhaps they intend to allow the same for male characters but it isn't implemented yet.

While he said he couldn't find it in game, which I can't either, he did ask what it translated to. You don't need to know where it appears in game to translate it in the sprite atlas.

If I were to guess, given that they've now enabled costume loading for female characters, perhaps they intend to allow the same for male characters but it isn't implemented yet.
Oh! I see.

doh, i'm so blind

it's Customize Guy. I see the button now from the old image map.

h-scene gui DONE!

just have to do keyboard shortcut & final test and I should be done.

If you need help with translating anything else, just send me a PM and I'll gladly help if I'm able.

Reactions: keycode17
Just to confirm, what exactly still needs to be translated, aside from the GUI? There are things I'm still missing from the main game, such as new options in the Config menu, as well as dialogue that used to work. For the latter, would fixing that be as easy as changing, for example, Dialogue_c00.16 to Dialogue_c00.17? That seems to have been the pattern with most of the text files.

So I did what I could find of the dialogue for the first of the two new girls. I don't think it has where the two girls talk to each other from the context, but maybe it just blends in with the rest. I'll do the other girl tomorrow. Still haven't found the text for the H-scenes though, or where the new stuff is for the old personalities.

just drop it into Honey Select/Plugins/UITranslations/Honey Select/Text

View attachment Dialogue_c11.17.txt

And yes. If you change the 16 into a 17 and they will work again.

So I did what I could find of the dialogue for the first of the two new girls. I don't think it has where the two girls talk to each other from the context, but maybe it just blends in with the rest. I'll do the other girl tomorrow. Still haven't found the text for the H-scenes though, or where the new stuff is for the old personalities.

just drop it into Honey Select/Plugins/UITranslations/Honey Select/Text

View attachment 15494

And yes. If you change the 16 into a 17 and they will work again.

Total Noob question, but I can't find an answer through searching..... how do I get the game to load the PLugins folder?

Total Noob question, but I can't find an answer through searching..... how do I get the game to load the PLugins folder?

When everything is installed properly, Plugins like translation will load automatically each and every time. However, a prerequisite for plugins to work is to have the latest version of IPA (3.3) installed: https://github.com/Eusth/IPA/releases

Just unpack the .exe to your game folder and drag and drop all six game executables one by one onto the IPA.exe to create new patch & launch executables. After that, your Plugins should all work.

Reactions: Spacebird
Here is a very fast crude incomplete google auto translation for StudioNEO. Several places untranslated but this is much more useful that the before the patch. When the HF supported translation is available you might have to delete the files I included as autotranslate to avoid interference.

I installed NEO over a full EMF patched HoneySelect so there was a lot of left over stuff that could be required from that that is not included but I dont know if that is the case.

It does expect that you drag the StudioNEO_32.exe and StudioNEO_64.exe over IPA.exe to instrument those apps.

Basically the patch requires IPA and the UnityEngine.UI.Translate binaries. By the way, you can use the included data binaries in the HoneyStudio folders if you lost your old ones to reenable translation in Studio.

WARNING: This has only been tested on my machine so take appropriate backups and dont overwrite anything you are uncomfortable overwriting.

StudioNeo.Translate.Unofficial.v2.7z

Edit: Updated with missing item text

Last edited:
anyone know where the Keyboard shortcut image is stored at?

looking thru all the unity3d files and can't seem to find it. Last thing I need to translate.

edit: nvrmind, found it. in asset file not unity3d.

anyone know where the Keyboard shortcut image is stored at?

looking thru all the unity3d files and can't seem to find it. Last thing I need to translate.

edit: nvrmind, found it. in asset file not unity3d.

Thanks for your continued work.
Remember, if you need help just let me know. You can also post the pic here since I don't have the game right now. ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
A reupload request. Do you still have this in your database?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!