[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

The "Studio" is the other half of the game of Honey Select. Allows you to make your own scenes as you were the photographer/director in a real studio but for the game. Allows for more customization for character placement and movement. It can be a lot of fun and pretty addicting since you have total creative control over what is happening with the desired characters in-scene.

Like your previous question, the Girl on Girl can only happen in the studio at this time. There might be an update later on for the actual game to feature Girl on Girl or even threesome, but as for now that is only done in the Studio application of Honey Select.

ah makes sense now, but now im confused and unfamilar with the studio functions, Is there any videos or anything that just showcases the studio? Im mostly just confused about the animations part, such as making the characters actually interact with the items and objects so they arent floating randomly such as sitting on a bed or doing positions on the bed

Well to adress your second question, it means u have a bad computer? Honey Select kinda does have high requirements and probably used a bunch of ur RAM and disk space etc. But if u restart ur comp it shud go back to normal, try cleaning ur computer as well of any junk files

1070, i5 4670K, 16 GB RAM... I don't think that's the problem. I've been using the 32-bit versions of both Select and Studio and everything seems fine for now... There's something odd with the 64-bit .exe files.

1070, i5 4670K, 16 GB RAM... I don't think that's the problem. I've been using the 32-bit versions of both Select and Studio and everything seems fine for now... There's something odd with the 64-bit .exe files.

Are you sure that it is your 1070 that is doing the graphics and not integrated graphics?

Reactions: TheCapeman
Are you sure that it is your 1070 that is doing the graphics and not integrated graphics?

Of course :)

I don't have performance issues in-game. I can max everything and still have rock-solid 60 FPS.
The problem comes when i exit the 64-bit versions of both Honey Select and Honey Studio. Then, Windows starts behaving weird when displaying new windows, drop-down-menus, etc.
Oddly enough, it is not a system performance issue. Before finding the "32-bit fix", i used to launch Mafia III, play for 5 minutes or so and exit. And everything was fine.

Since I've found a way to bypass this, I'm more concerned about finding the sleep animation. I need it to create some scenes in Studio, but it is nowhere to be found.
I do have an old scene saved with the animation. is there a way to know which animation is a character playing at the moment in Honey Studio?

ah makes sense now, but now im confused and unfamilar with the studio functions, Is there any videos or anything that just showcases the studio? Im mostly just confused about the animations part, such as making the characters actually interact with the items and objects so they arent floating randomly such as sitting on a bed or doing positions on the bed

There might be some tutorials/videos on better explanation of how it functions but the studio mechanics will still take a lot to get use to because the layout of it is pretty odd. It is the exact same way SBPR was with it's studio application. I do wish that the studio layout was a bit more easier to control character movement and positioning like it was in PC. I liked how PC studio adjustments/placements were laid out. In the end it is just about playing with it and then getting use to the control mechanics.

Of course :)

Since I've found a way to bypass this, I'm more concerned about finding the sleep animation. I need it to create some scenes in Studio, but it is nowhere to be found.
I do have an old scene saved with the animation. is there a way to know which animation is a character playing at the moment in Honey Studio?

It should still be there...at the almost bottom of the list for each personality's set of normal animations. I could find and use it the last time I checked.

Did you happen to have any mods installed? The latest patch made some changes in the Studio's files that may possibly interfere with mods...did your UI got messed up? (My game is fully stock save for my DIY watermark removal)

It should still be there...at the almost bottom of the list for each personality's set of normal animations. I could find and use it the last time I checked.

Did you happen to have any mods installed? The latest patch made some changes in the Studio's files that may possibly interfere with mods...did your UI got messed up? (My game is fully stock save for my DIY watermark removal)

THANK YOU!
That was the problem. I reinstalled everything and I can finally see it.
I've never had issues with the UI. The animation simply disappeared from the list...
BTW, how do you remove the Illusion thing?

THANK YOU!
I've never had issues with the UI. The animation simply disappeared from the list...

With sb3ugs, look into sharedassets14 (for main game) or sharedassets1 (for studio), remove the image file named "cap", you will recognize what it is immediately when you look at it.

Removing said file does not have any side effects as far as I can tell...but you do have to do it again as the game gets updated.

On the flip side...you can replace it with whatever you want for your own watermark to be applied at every screenshots.

THANK YOU!

The Illusion watermark on screenshots? There is a mod that disables it. I can't remember which one, but it is either the Multifunction Tool ShortcutsHS (Itsupuro) posted by hun hunter or the Shortcut Plugin (Animat0r).

With sb3ugs, look into sharedassets14 (for main game) or sharedassets1 (for studio), remove the image file named "cap", you will recognize what it is immediately when you look at it.

Removing said file does not have any side effects as far as I can tell...but you do have to do it again as the game gets updated.

On the flip side...you can replace it with whatever you want for your own watermark to be applied at every screenshots.

Done.Thank you again :)

There might be some tutorials/videos on better explanation of how it functions but the studio mechanics will still take a lot to get use to because the layout of it is pretty odd. It is the exact same way SBPR was with it's studio application. I do wish that the studio layout was a bit more easier to control character movement and positioning like it was in PC. I liked how PC studio adjustments/placements were laid out. In the end it is just about playing with it and then getting use to the control mechanics.

Alright i guess i gotta keep looking for some guides however it is possible for u to tell me right off the bat how to make 2 girls interact with each other. Ive seen the function where the girl is the guy and basically humping the other girl with no dick since we dont have a mod for that yet but i cant seem to find that...

How to do a clean reinstall? The post by foxxyswords is always mentioned and linked to, but that link no longer leads to anything. I installed, game runs but the language is all korean, I know where my error was, but not how to undo it. Not having done anything in game yet, this would be easiest solution.

Re: [ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

So, the character upload thread is down? It won't load for me.

How to do a clean reinstall? The post by foxxyswords is always mentioned and linked to, but that link no longer leads to anything. I installed, game runs but the language is all korean, I know where my error was, but not how to undo it. Not having done anything in game yet, this would be easiest solution.

Control panel unistall the game then delete the folder labeled Illusion.

So, the character upload thread is down? It won't load for me.

This is why I started a character upload thread here because of HF issues. I keep urging members here and at HF to upload here as well since the problems started. It is a lot easier to log in here and do your thing at this moment in time than at HF. Some have followed but not much, hopefully it grows.

link is here http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...-select-character-outfit-share-upload-536833/

This is why I started a character upload thread here because of HF issues. I keep urging members here and at HF to upload here as well since the problems started. It is a lot easier to log in here and do your thing at this moment in time than at HF. Some have followed but not much, hopefully it grows.

link is here http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...-select-character-outfit-share-upload-536833/

true.. but it seems HF is back to normal.. the skin forum changed... hope is not the otherwise...

*edit* I spoke too soon, the site sometime unreachable.

Last edited:
hey so I'm hoping you guys can help me out about it. So first off, for some reason none of the clothing mods I've downloaded have shown up in the actual game (while the accessories have), which can lead to characters wearing the wrong items. Also, sometimes characters wont even be wearing the proper in game items anyway (no matter which clothing preset i shuffle to for that characters), and the clothes they have in their pictures dont match with what they wear.

Also, for some characters when I load them in, they will either have a completely different appearance, or they'll have some weird glitch where half their face is missing. And sometimes some characters wont even show up at all. suggestions?

I have the latest and have tried running both 32 and 64 bit versions of the game normally and with japanese admin.
View attachment 12806
View attachment 12807
View attachment 12808
View attachment 12809
View attachment 12810
View attachment 12811
View attachment 12812

the web of unnonficial character upload works for anyone??? i always get problem loading the web

hey so I'm hoping you guys can help me out about it. So first off, for some reason none of the clothing mods I've downloaded have shown up in the actual game (while the accessories have), which can lead to characters wearing the wrong items. Also, sometimes characters wont even be wearing the proper in game items anyway (no matter which clothing preset i shuffle to for that characters), and the clothes they have in their pictures dont match with what they wear.

Also, for some characters when I load them in, they will either have a completely different appearance, or they'll have some weird glitch where half their face is missing. And sometimes some characters wont even show up at all. suggestions?

I have the latest and have tried running both 32 and 64 bit versions of the game normally and with japanese admin.
View attachment 12806
View attachment 12807
View attachment 12808
View attachment 12809
View attachment 12810
View attachment 12811
View attachment 12812

Well for one, none of your attached pictures are showing up, so without we are limited to suggest things to fix. As of what you speak of though. more than likely the face missing or being very distorted is more than likely lack of the Wideslider mod by vrl0ver.

The Wideslider mod is an extra plugin which expands the values of the character maker slider within the body. Allowing you to go much further or much less than usual. In order to have the Wideslider mod you must have the Illusion Plugin Architecture by EusthEnoptEron. It directly injects mods/plugins to work with the game's core file structure allowing you do some awesome things. The IPA is a must for many mods/plugins.

Wideslider is available at HF and so is the IPA.

Now about your character downloads. I don't know where you downloaded your character cards from, but when it doesn't load everything that means you are missing the mods. Now in HF's character upload thread, when posted, the mod information used to create the character is usually there but sometimes isn't. So again if you don't have the mod it will not load. AS's character share thread lists all mods used within the post, but it is a much newer thread and therefore not as many posts as HF's thread.

If you are going somewhere else or that unofficial thread share, it can be a crap shoot because most of the posts there do not list what is used and sometimes the mods used are not available to general public. They come from off-site websites that can charge currency for those mods.

Hope that helps

View attachment 12806
View attachment 12807
View attachment 12808
View attachment 12809
View attachment 12810
View attachment 12811
View attachment 12812

Seems to me that you don't have the Illusion Plugin Architecture properly installed.

It seems that your list files are not directing the game properly.

Make sure that you have the IPA installed, the easiest way to get it right now is through the GGMod. There is another mod that comes it also, but I can't remember right now which one that is.

Btw, I recommend using a third party image hosting site to post images, AS's image hosting is not the best and leads to a lot of false positives.

it's been days now I am trying to get familiar with this game and I still can't find how create a girl, save her, create another one and load the 1st created babe. all these menus is a poison.
somebody could help me with this.

I also seen in a forum a guy that loaded about 10 girls in a same room and makes them do some little things like dancing, bouncing, etc... how can I do this ?
thank you.

So I installed the IPA and the wide slider mod and lo and behold all my characters load properly now. woot.

But I still have the problem of none of my clothes mods showing up. What is this list files thing? Is it something I'm supposed to edit? Cause whenever I download a clothes mod I just drag and drop it into the game folder and thats it. The weird thing is all the accessory mods load fine, its just the clothes mods.

it's been days now I am trying to get familiar with this game and I still can't find how create a girl, save her, create another one and load the 1st created babe. all these menus is a poison.
somebody could help me with this.

I also seen in a forum a guy that loaded about 10 girls in a same room and makes them do some little things like dancing, bouncing, etc... how can I do this ?
thank you.
Have you grabbed the latest translations? Here's a post that will explain everything you need, if you haven't, already:

http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/modding-discussions-125/%5Billusion%5D-honey%E2%99%A5select-%E3%83%8F%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BB%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%88-translation-discussion-533467/index13.html#post2516674

It should be simple enough, so long as you can actually understand what the menus actually say. If you still can't figure it out, I'll help ya. :)

So the Update for the dance animations Loop and after completing the dance routine they just simply teleport back to the starting spot? Am I missing something here? Is this how everyones dance routines are, or is my game the only one doing this to where they're teleporting back to their original spot after dance completion to restart the loop?

Last edited:
Are the dancing and stuff like that only in HoneyStudio?

...there are only THREE dances for girls and one for men. What a pity, HaremMate had a truckload of them (it's idol-themed after all...) and Illusion ported them all to PlayClub, but they couldn't do so for SBPR. Worse still, the pole-dance from SBPR didn't made it to HoneySelect, either! In any case, they are all studio stuff, except for SBPR's pole dance that was actually used in-game.

Illusion...always one to simultaneously evolve and devolve, and yes, I'm still bitter that they can't even port poledance...while taking the pole that is in the itemlist with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Amgoose wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
This game recently got updated after 2 years

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ351576.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ274721 RJ312028 links are dead, please could you reupload these?
thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ090136 ver 1.3
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120127-ティー・エンタ・ぴー-ゴーストハウス・ガンスイーパー-ver-1-3.45161/

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ106740 ver 2
RJ132271 ver 2.02
RJ130405 ver 1.04
RJ127061 ver 1.06
RJ114347 ver 1.10
RJ086550 ver 1.24

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?