Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

How do you pick your otome game?

I might check out a game because of the voice actors, but usually I decide whether to play based on the art style and character designs.
 
音乐剧情和口吧 如果攻略对象有一个特别和我口味基本就玩上了
 
First impression is almost everything to me so if the otomege has an art style or character(s) that really catches my eye, that one would most likely sit on the back of my head and urge me to play it the most.
 
I usually look for a good balance between plot and art! The story is key, but bad art can definitely be a dealbreaker for me.
 
It used to be the art style for me, but games have gotten so pretty nowadays that the story and YouTube reviews play a much bigger role in whether I'll give a game a try.
 
the art style, the voice actor, and the gameplay 👀 lately ive been searching otome game with unique gameplay or combat stuff like in Fire Emblem or even Samurai Warriors (with more depths ofc), but I realize it might be a niche thing 😔
 
I pick by art > plot > va, but usually I read reviews to see the playtime and other stuff, then decide.
 
I look at the art style first. Next is the voice actor, and lastly, the story.
I've played so many games that I'm not surprised by any story😂😂
 
Honestly, it's mostly the art for me. If the art catches my eye, especially the character designs.
 
My process

1. See hot boy
2. Download
3. Realize it's 10GB
4. Delete other apps for him
5. Regret nothing
👍
 
guilty to say that mostly for the art too </3 though if i don't see any LI that pique my interest i'll probably ignore it even if i love the art ...
 
I also look at the art style first, and only find out about the story after I've played it. As for voice acting, personally I think it's best when it's there, but it's okay if there isn't any , as long as the story and character writing can flesh out the overall content. Otherwise, if I only judge by the art style and the story turns out to be really boring, I'll end up dropping it halfway through.

But there's also another category of games where I don't really like the art style, yet the story is exceptionally good. I usually end up playing those because someone recommended them and sparked my curiosity. Some games really do have great stories that are overshadowed by their art style and character designs.
 
Since I don't mind spoilers, I usually watch other people's commentary videos or blogs, and then pick out the ones that interest me.
 
Art is the biggest factor since it's the first thing I see and leaves a pretty big impression. After that, I usually pick a game based on if it seems like it's a game I would enjoy playing, the LIs catch my eye and I want to learn more about them, and the story sounds interesting. Sometimes it also depends on my mood, like if I'm in a mood to play a darker game or I want to play something more romance focused after finishing a plot heavy game.
 
The overall vibe of the game. I usually decide based on the plot and the concept of the game. Rather than knowing a lot of information beforehand, I just go with my gut feeling.
 
i usually pick an otome game based on the art style first, then the li's design and personality. even if i love the art, i won't play it if i don't like the li's personality.
 
Voice cast and story premise come first for me! I look for mature, suspenseful themes like mystery or noir, and if favorite VAs like Tsuda Kenjiro are involved, it's an immediate buy. Gorgeous 2D art is an essential bonus, but deep writing is what truly sells it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: leylah1578
Art style is definitely the biggest factor for me! I'm a huge sucker for gorgeous visuals and character designs. If the art is top-tier, it can easily make me overlook minor flaws in the plot or even issues with the voice acting.
 
By the cast. I survived Haikara Ryuuseigumi just because there's my fave seiyuu in there.
 
I picked it by artsyle and voice actors 😅 especially when the artsyle is pretty im immediately hooked haha
 
Are there any characters I like right now? Then I'll check out the voice actors, and then the world-building.