- Aug 18, 2026
- 402
- 217
Hey everyone!
I have a bit of a confession to make, and I'm really curious if anyone else here is guilty of doing the same thing!
Normally, I listen to R18 otome audios at the standard 1.0x original speed to fully enjoy the binaural sound design, breathing, and atmosphere. But I remember once listening to an R-18 otome audio where the scenario was moving pretty slowly, and the voice actor was speaking at an ultra-slow pace to convey the character's personality.
My patience ran out, so I hit 1.3x playback speed just to get through the plot faster—even though my Japanese isn't fluent! Surprisingly, it made the track way less boring for me in that moment, though hearing binaural whispers at 1.3x speed was definitely an... unique experience.
It made me really curious about everyone else's listening habits here!
I have a bit of a confession to make, and I'm really curious if anyone else here is guilty of doing the same thing!

Normally, I listen to R18 otome audios at the standard 1.0x original speed to fully enjoy the binaural sound design, breathing, and atmosphere. But I remember once listening to an R-18 otome audio where the scenario was moving pretty slowly, and the voice actor was speaking at an ultra-slow pace to convey the character's personality.
My patience ran out, so I hit 1.3x playback speed just to get through the plot faster—even though my Japanese isn't fluent! Surprisingly, it made the track way less boring for me in that moment, though hearing binaural whispers at 1.3x speed was definitely an... unique experience.

It made me really curious about everyone else's listening habits here!

No need to rush.
I wish I could have this ability 



I never changed anything, I just listen at 2x speed and it sounds normal. Maybe you could see if your player has a pitch preservation setting?