Thank you Terumi.~

For those interested about the 'Gintama' name, I once read that Sorachi-sensei had a tough time picking a name. When he settled for 'Gintama', the editor thought it wouldn't be a good idea since 'tama' can mean 'soul' or 'balls'. (Excuse my language)

Sorachi-sensei went with the idea anyway and good thing he did. It's a suitable name for the series. 'Silver Soul'... everyone has someone or something to protect. The soul is important.

Yeah Renano, I was going to say for this particular title, it means "Silver Soul". Not the other meaning. XD

Of course I know the initial meaning of 'Gintama'... xD

My mind is pretty... 'perverted' I guess at times.

@Second That is pretty funny~

Anyone have some speculation about what may after the Keisei Arc? Nobume has certainly piqued my interest.

Thanks a lot Renano chan~

This is some sweets for you as a thanks~ ;p

url

Reactions: renano
Yes~ A bag full of delicious goodies~ Thank you. ^^

On another topic... who do you think is Gintama's 'mascot'?

Is it Sadaharu? Is it Elizabeth? Is it Gintoki himself? Someone else? Or is it no one? :3

The Penguin?? Katsura pet?? XD

Sorry I just finished reading the manga until vol 5~

That's fine Alice~ Elizabeth is 'Katsura's pet'. Although, once you've read further, that 'pet' is pretty 'interesting'. :3

Of course... Second had to say something like that~ xD

I think Elizabeth is the 'mascot'. He appears more often when it comes to 'commercializing' things.

Haha... I love Elizabeth's 'sign' language. (Bad pun) xD

Gintama is one of the series that I believe wouldn't do too well if it was dubbed. There are too many references, puns, and each character has a certain dialect that might be hard to capture.

They can try to dub it. I wouldn't mind...~

Still love the subs and original manga~

The manga is just pure awesomeness! The anime is really good as well. For the comedy and all the puns and stuff that flies around, I'd say Gintama is like my favorite manga for comedy.

The OP an ED songs were very good. Particularly the first OP. I liked it so much I had to go and find sheet music to learn how to play it.

Eh... that's so cool!

I also admire the songs. They all were suitable for the anime~

/me wonders how Will plays... You must play pretty well if you were looking for the sheet music.

The most I ever tried was to sing the OP. xD

/me wonders how Will plays... You must play pretty well if you were looking for the sheet music.

Hurr hurr, well how I play: I first hold my instrument, then I strum the strings while looking at the sheet music.

Okay now for seriousness: I actually suck at playing an instrument. I'm not really serious about playing one, it's just a hobby for when I'm at home and I don't want to play video games.

Very productive... and I like that kind of hobby. Music is well loved after all.

I don't play an instrument, but I do admire and respect those that take their time to play a few chords even if it's just a hobby.

As always, your sense of humor really gets to me. Hard to not laugh at your words, but you're still a sensible person.

Yes, balancing humor and seriousness is a very thin line that I walk on.

It's hard to respond to a post here and be serious about it, but at the same time wanting to make a little fun without offending someone.

I really consider your viewpoint well worth of appreciation and graciousness.

It is always a great sight to see people balancing some humor while maintaining an authoritative side.

That almost feels like Gintama in a way. They mix in a few jokes during the major events, making the situation light-hearted while enhancing the seriousness at the same time.

Haha... that would be quite a feat.

/me curious if Will has a perm

I did like that line... 'Just do it!'...

Could be applied to almost any situation.

I learned many modern and popular things from reading and watching Gintama. 'Giga Pudding'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Amgoose wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
This game recently got updated after 2 years

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ351576.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ274721 RJ312028 links are dead, please could you reupload these?
thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ090136 ver 1.3
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120127-ティー・エンタ・ぴー-ゴーストハウス・ガンスイーパー-ver-1-3.45161/

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ106740 ver 2
RJ132271 ver 2.02
RJ130405 ver 1.04
RJ127061 ver 1.06
RJ114347 ver 1.10
RJ086550 ver 1.24

All download links are dead
Please could you reupload these using mexa.sh link?