Do you believe in black magic/vodoo thing?

playerkhan

encoder
Elite Member
Jan 31, 2011
Alright everyone as the title goes without saying do you really believe that these type of magic do exist.... what is your opinion on this?

Have you ever seen with your own eyes the aftereffects of this? not talking about what is shown in movies i mean in real life? or have you ever heard about it...

Do you think that science can prove this that this do exist?

Just want to know/discuss with the community here that's all as i have heard lots of cases but never saw with my own eyes, some say its due to mental illness but even with proper medical care that person is unable to recover.... do you want to say something over this?

ps: if the admin/mods think that this thread will lead into flaming and will harm someone's personal belief or something similar please delete this thread..

Re: Do you blieve in black magic/vodoo thing?

Don't think about that, these things come normally and i think everyone had a thought about this.

If we look way back before time. black magic has been around like technology today, like it's their fandom to believe something like this. but actually it's a trick that has been passed down before, that our science has not proven because of it's lack of progression by society discontinuing it. belief before was absolute without even need of it's proof of existence. thus today has been gaps of history to it's unknown existence.

thank you for the first line shito :)

Trick i wouldn't call this as a trick or something which one can learn easily if the secret is revealed or do you think you can? well based on my findings in this area many things come under such as belief, faith and ofcourse religion..... i wouldnt expand this more cuz of lots of reasons....

And moreover i have noticed one thing more that one uses or takes the help from this area to harm someone (like in order to take revenge or something) or the other, i just wonder why people dont use/take help for a good reason?!

In my opinion on the question that why cant science prove this is the fact that these things are divine... and this is the only point where our science or human brain is unable to present some facts or proofs to prove the existence of this.

I think that what some may call "black magic" is a mere case of extreme persuasion over your mind, such as hypnosis. In other cases, I think there may be a possibility such things do exist. If one can contact the "spiritual world" through such means, and if you hold ESP to be a fact as well, then why not hold the other to be true? They may be channeling a similar source of knowledge, for example (if you believe them). But what may be proof for one person may not be sufficient for another~~ though science will never prove such things, I don't think, because of the "faith" aspect.

People are all selfish at some level; things such as "black magic" and "voodoo" are very sensual and instant-gratification in appeal unlike, say, religions like Christianity, Islam, Buddhism where the reward is not immediate. Thus, by having an appeal to senses, people are more likely to use such beliefs in things that are more selfish. That is why people may have harmful or selfish intent when dealing with such things.

the growth and practice of these alongside with "absolute" belief which makes these inexsistence to be told true, there is also a political history amongst these that's why the "good" is only towards the "user" and those "who continue to believe such thing", if it's black magic then the harm goes to political / society's enemy such as "non believers, foreign (people in some countries back then does not welcome strangers expecially people who act against their cult), other means of their black magic etc."

before what their minds tell them came from their leaders or persons of faith, so they truly believe it without it's existence and being "divine" has also mental influence.

Black magic like ESP can be either a extraordinary gift or political influence who knows. black magic might have died throughout the coarse of history

Hehe, be careful not to group ESP with black magic or spirit divination. People only group them together because there is no scientific explanation. That doesn't mean that the two have any relation.

People are all selfish at some level; things such as "black magic" and "voodoo" are very sensual and instant-gratification in appeal unlike, say, religions like Christianity, Islam, Buddhism where the reward is not immediate. Thus, by having an appeal to senses, people are more likely to use such beliefs in things that are more selfish. That is why people may have harmful or selfish intent when dealing with such things.

blown by this para!

hey sangria/shito have you ever experienced this phenomenon?

At their positions doing the black magic, no. but having harmful or selfish intent when dealing with people? sometimes when especially you wanted some company that will stick with you just to deal with other "bad" people.

If you believe there is God(s), then you also have to believe in the existence of the spiritual world.

Here in Southeast Asia, black magic practice still going, even thou it's not as rampant as it was century ago. I guess that due to the modern progress we have today.
But still there are some that still doing it, mostly for their own personal gain, like wealth, health, protection or even revenge.

Well, that's my 2 cents opinion. Can't tell you more, coz I just can't find the right words to explain more properly.

Have you ever seen with your own eyes the aftereffects of this? not talking about what is shown in movies i mean in real life? or have you ever heard about it...

In country like asia (like japan, Phillipines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hongkong) voodoo or something that related with magic was exist. The influence of religion in the society could not separated. My opinion about black magic, voodoo was like a "parasite" that blow people life. That's why with that parasite, voodoo or black magic still exist.(Parasite i mean that bothered the people). Although you say voodoo are full of crap, black magic is fa*...still can affect the life.
It's more like mystery for us.

Do you think that science can prove this that this do exist?

Science maybe can prove the mystic phenomenon voodoo or black magic but, they cannot explain how that works. Only 10% they can prove but rest still unknown.

Magic, voodoo, mythology, etc are all fabrications. This world follows the laws of physics and science describes them. Where they are wrong, scientists make adjustments to our understanding so that we have a more complete understanding.

I guess that all is possible... But we have a lot of charlatans like was said before...

sometimes. science doesn't offer any explanation. on supernatural magical stuffs. ~...

if you have experienced such supernatural thing like that.. you'll probably believe . . . worth seeing is believing.. as they told about it ~ like miracles on how did they exist and if science have an explanation on that.

Last edited:

magic or supernatural may exist in my opinion there are still many things that science itself cannot explain

Science cant explain everything yet but we learn more every day.

every day is more complicated so we still don't know nothing new ;)

And yet, fabrications of superstitions always help censor what we don't want to know, just like a lie. Everybody lies, both to protect and to deceive. Quoting some people : "If there is no god, would it be necessary to invent him?" and "If you take a lie till the end, the lie becomes truth"

Though. . . superstition in life is always more fun =D. It gives birth to many flavors of imagination such as Atlantis, Gilgamesh etc who probably didn't exist. Media would be so gray and dull if nobody believed in magic and gods. I do not believe in magic etc but i don't condemn it either

Superstition is an outlet of imagination but its not essential to it. Atheist authors (like many sci-fi and fantasy authors) come up with some very interesting works of fiction.

Superstition is confusing the real with the imaginary. Its just not healthy.

In my experience, which seems a little limited, I find Black Magic or Voodoo very real.

They are two separate things though. Black magic originated as a form of "Supernatural" power that was borrowed from the Devil or whatever you may call him in your belief. It was the worldly form of magical arts that was paired with anything no sanctioned by the Church or not of a Holy purpose. This was in use way before the Feudal age. During biblical times, Black Magic was recorded as being unnatural and pertaining to evil spirits, often used in a scene of mockery or creating favorable signs or objects or to show that God was not all powerful and man could create whatever wished through this art. Now it is generally used as an expression by some people when they do magic tricks. Often used in Circuses or with magic acts.

Voodoo is a religion, which in common belief, mostly derived from the Haitians. Is a belief that there is a supreme God that will not interfere in the affairs of humans and just watches. Then there is a second God who is under the first that is a courier of the prayers, praise and all to the supreme God to beg for a sign of help or watching.

These two today are still in world and they are very, very real.

I believe it, but not necessarily to the extent that I will use it as an explanation for some event. Nay, I'll go to a doctor. However, there are still a lot of people who go back to strange practices to explain a disease or sickness. Hurrah, I'm so vague.

I agree with Alexsdu, if you are to believe in God, Buddha, ect. then you have to consider every belief as plausible. I personally think each religion, belief, and custom has it's own truth to it. Then again if you look at it all from a wider angle, if it is what you believe in and what you know and feel is real, who has the rite to say it is wrong?

It can harm you if you believe in it.
There have been many instances of people (practicioners of Voodoo) becoming ill after someone put a curse on them, because they believed it would harm them. i do not believe in it. :)

It's a matter of the level of how much do we believe in those things.
As for me, I believe that voodoo & black magic exist, but try not to think so much about it.
If you believe in God, put your trust in him, and him only. Everything are set according to His will.

I do believe in voodoo or Black magic. My grandfather is a Filipino and I heard stories about 'em too. Of course I do believe him. He's my grandfather. But not just that. I do believe in it too with or without stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on biohrd's profile.
To y'all, he's been gone for a while now. Like, for years. When he'll be back? Who knows.

I'm just here to tell you, save your breath.
gaoda1347 wrote on Shine's profile.
the 「Clear Girlー無色透明彼女ー」 has a fix patch was uploaded. could you reupload it plz?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threa...ftware-clear-girlー無色透明彼女ー-rj01093304.1489533/
AoToHime wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello there. Can you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199671.html/

Thanks in advance!
[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?