Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What are those 'worst sites' and why are they bad?Do people here make a point of using the absolute worst file-hosting sites?

What are those 'worst sites' and why are they bad?
![]()
Yeah, that site should be a banned filesharing host here - it allows downloads from paid users only.Sites like Rapidgator require a premium account; otherwise, they are unusable.

Rapidgator isn't a strictly premium site, it in fact does allow free downloads. But there are two types of files, one is premium-only files - meaning only premium members can download them; two is the normal files that anyone can download for free.Yeah, that site should be a banned filesharing host here - it allows downloads from paid users only.
It's hard to keep up with the changes in how those sites are run though - Rapidgator going strictly premium is a recent development, I believe.
Rapidgator isn't a strictly premium site, it in fact does allow free downloads. But there are two types of files, one is premium-only files - meaning only premium members can download them; two is the normal files that anyone can download for free.
I don't know the criteria that decide which file belongs to which category (because their UI and speed is atrocious, I don't use that site more than necessary), but from what I've seen it depends on file size and the uploader's decision.
It's a "it can't be helped" case. Rapidgator links live very long. Premium links more so. All other hosts die one way or another and it's a hassle to get files re-uploaded. Some uploaders don't even reupload anything upon request, at all. So it's either you get a link that's alive or nothing.
Tbfh I'd rather take rapidgator than the buzzheavier host that's been popular recently. Those links die in less than a week, if you can't download and store everything quickly you gotta pester someone to re-upload it, it also leads to the situation where there are so many topics you'd think we have a lot of content available, but when you check it's all dead links..
I think a lot of it has to do with what's available for free.
For example, the two sites I use are mediafire and mega, but there are some definite limitations. A free account with mediafire gives you 10GB - it's great for smaller files because the links last a long time. But if you're using a free account, 10GB can fill up very quickly, depending on what you're hosting. Also, media has a habit of going through what's in your account and marking off certain things as:
View attachment 119741
Mega is nice because it gives 20GB which is a little better, but again - 20GB can fill up very quickly depending on what you're hosting, and how much. Additionally, there is a daily limit to upload/download, although you can usually side-step that with a VPN.
But for people who are uploading a LOT of content on a regular basis... 30GB is nothing. I imagine they use whatever sites are available that they can access through free accounts.
I've had this happen to some files in my account too. The links still work when I log out and check, I've had other people I share with confirm it as well, so I don't understand what effect this has exactly...?Also, media has a habit of going through what's in your account and marking off certain things as:
View attachment 119741
Many data transfer limits imposed by various websites can easily be bypassed using a VPN; while those who download or upload massive amounts of data might want to consider a premium account, such users are rare. Most people—myself included—only occasionally need to download files up to 20 GB in size, which falls within limits that are often refreshed daily. Large video or photo archives, as well as "heavy" games, are frequently split into parts available from different sources, making them easy to download—especially when using a VPN.

I've had this happen to some files in my account too. The links still work when I log out and check, I've had other people I share with confirm it as well, so I don't understand what effect this has exactly...?
My files are password protected so it's more baffling when it happens. Just goes to show we have zero privacy or data protection when it comes to those online services. Not that I'm surprised, but it's an annoyance when you need a reliable host and every site has their own caveats.