Controlling hallucinations.

@FinalPyre

Interesting... Are you suggesting solipsism? Unfortunately, there's no way to refute this or to prove it. The problem is: it's not logical to assume that the only certain thing is oneself.

For example: you can't convince me of solipsism; you have only two ways to convince me:
a) I'm a projection of your imagination, which I will not believe because I am conscious (whether you believe it or not).
b) You are a projection of my imagination.

If you are a projection of my imagination-- if I am hallucinating your existence, can I really believe you? Can I really believe a hallucination? If you are a conscious being, you would be contradicting your own beliefs on solipsism, in which you would not exist. However, even if this doesn't mean that solipsism is false, it doesn't provide any practical use. If I look at it another way: my subconscious created this world, so am I my own God? (Technically: did my subconscious create this universe?)

Likewise, that would mean there is only one solipsist that is correct in each "world". Yet, if that solipsist is not me, then who is it? If solipsism is true, would that mean that I'm a projection from someone's imagination? Or, does that mean that I believe this false reality? But, who is to say that I'm living a false life? If I am indeed living a false life, everyone else is only a projection of my imagination. It seems to be more of a personal belief than a belief for practical use. It can't be tested, it can't be completely refuted, and it's not valid in science.

Indeed, though I admit I was unaware of the term at the time. Obviously it is also not a logical way to view the world, but at the same time it is also a fact. You do not 'see' objects or 'hear' sounds: you see light reflected into your eye (upside down, as it were) which your brain then processes into little signals that it eventually gives your conscious as what you are seeing. In some cases, it even selectively overwrites what you are seeing. Sound is just little bits wiggling in your ear and your brain measuring the wiggles, effectively. XD

Note this doesn't suggest that you would be a figment of my imagination, but instead suggests that it isn't really possible to be 'sure' of anything outside your brain. It doesn't mean I imagined you, but that I cannot be 100% sure that it isn't the case that I imagined you, or that others don't perceive you differently than I do. It all takes place in your brain. Of course it is unproductive to take this thinking very far. I am more using this to talk about how you perceive the world, rather than what you believe about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ153517 ver 1.14

Please could you reupload these?
Thank you very much.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?