About Japan food

[MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION];
I'm 23 years old, and a student in the master's course. In next year, I'll be a student in the doctor's course.
If I want to become a physicist, it is the most popular way in Japan. I should be a student at least when I'm 27 years old. I have ever repeated a year.
Almost all people who are in the science course take a job when they are 22 or 24 years old in my country. (Because the master's course needs 2 years)
28 is very scareful for me. After the doctor's course, the hell is waiting.
And, what are you doing in your dairy life?:)

Wow, nice

I'm master of administration. I'm almost a shut in and make (awesome) site like anime-sharing.com ⊂((・▽・))⊃

Yeah, I know. You are the top of ASF.
Oh...a shut in... Is your body not so strong? Me too. I often take a cold.
I'm very helped by this web-site, and appreciate people here!

mmm, my body is weak but not that weak. It's just that I'm not very social. Also the reason why I haven't hold any girls' hands before.

I resort to eroge for romance & social necessities :x

I do some cooking to, like Salmon Teriyaki (real teriyaki, not kobini made). The picture below is what I made.

When I was studying in Japan - Tokyo - I shared home with 5 girls (3 chinese, 1 taiwan, 1 USA). I always eat out on home, because someone (I know who), stole the food. *laugh*
When I finished the class, I ate with my mates in restaurants near the school... I really miss the rice taste but.... OH MY GYOZAS!!!! I want eat it now!!! *laugh*

Hm, Multiple quotation dosen't seem to work here. Anyway, is this the thread of "About Japan Food".
Who is old and who is young thread now. Internet is strange thing.

[MENTION=51645]Vile[/MENTION];
I like Tokyo. It is a good place for otaku....
I have lived in Tokyo in 4 years when I was a university graduate.
I'll live in Kyoto at least in 3 years from now. I guess it is little difficult to meet you. There is a long distance between Tokyo and Kyoto though Japan is a small country.

I see, ryuta, you are Otaku. Don't you say when you receive a phone call from unknown person, "Otaku ha doko no kata desuka?". I think some people use "Otaku" as their nick-name. These persons may love Shibuya. (But I don't know what is Shibuya. It is place name, I know).

ryuta said:
.....though Japan is a small country.

Oh, I do not think Japan is small. Russia, China, the U.S. and India are too large. (Ah, Australia is also big country.) And the EurAsian continent is so large, American continents are too large.
Japan is consisted of major 4 islands and many small islands. I love Japan and its nature, its forest, mountains. But I rather dislike cities and people in Japan. But I also like Japanese people. I adore the cultures of Japan. The foods in Japan are products of her natural environment and cultures. Japan is the country of islands. She is not adjacent to other countries. There are seas.
The products of seas are basic materials of Japanese foods. The products of forests and mountains are other basic materials of foods.
People had said "Umi no Sachi, Yama no Sachi" (Grace of the seas, Grace of the mountains).

Now, people say "American meats and breads, Korean seaweed, Chinese beans, African fish meats, Australian lamb.. etc."
Relatively Japanese people did not eat meat of animals (cow, ox, horse, lamb, pig, etc.). But they have eaten fish and seeds of trees and plants.
Recent frozen foods have seemed to change everything.

But, Yes. To share foods with friends on the Earth is good.

I'm 23 years old, and a student in the master's course. In next year, I'll be a student in the doctor's course.
If I want to become a physicist, it is the most popular way in Japan. I should be a student at least when I'm 27 years old. I have ever repeated a year.
Almost all people who are in the science course take a job when they are 22 or 24 years old in my country.

You are one of the blessed people. Or, young people are all blessed people? The life in roses. Let's go and see the rose. God be with you semper.. et..

BTW, what place do (will) you live in Kyouto? Kyouto is beautiful metropolis city among the mountains and forests.
But mountains were broken, forests were killed. I miss the old city Kyouto. Sakyou district (ward), where there were trees, wild grasses, fox and bears one thousand years ago. (Or, one hundred years ago).
In Ootsu, Emperor Koubun was attacked by the prince Ooamashi and killed. By the water of the lake Biwa.
Prince Ooamashi liked "funa" meat. But is this the historical fact. Japanese people traditionally love "funa-zushi". But I have no experiences to eat this kind of foods.

_ mrd

I see, checkmate. I think it is good for you not to hide your such weakness. I have decided that I don't hide my baldness when I become so. Doing anything by halves is unsightly.
But... checkmate-sama! I think it is not true otaku who play eroge because of escaping from real! If you play eroge even you are satisfied with beautiful girls, you are true otaku! Of course, in such case, thinking a great deal of them is important:) I don't want to say that the person who spoil his real is true otaku.
You have also a good cooking skill! Cool. It looks delicious. I often eat Salmon Teriyaki. It is Japanese food?

checkmate-sama! There is enviable guy like eroge!
Oh, you like rice. Do you like nattou, chaeeun? I heard nattou is disliked by many people who are not japanese.
[MENTION=41600]mildis[/MENTION];
Yes, I'm otaku. "Otaku ha doko no kata desuka?" is used. It's right japanese. And "Dochira sama desyouka" is more often used.
To tell the truth, Shibuya is far from otaku culture. Ikebukuro, and Akihabara are close to such culture.
haha, thank you, mildis. And you know about japanese food well. Yeah, I offen use the word "Umi no Sachi, Yama no Sachi".
mmm...is it a popular(the famous person said) phrase? Almost japanese people graduate college. If he graduate only high school, he will be looked down(I dislike such custom). About the point I don't need to take a job while I'm a student, and this term is long, I think I'm safficient.(is it "blessed"? or you mean a talent?)
I live in Sakyou district. very close to kyoto university. But I live here still in 2 years. Have you lived in Kyoto?
My home town is Toyama.There are also Uminosachi:D

Reactions: Vile
[MENTION=66271]ryuta[/MENTION]

Yes I go to Shibuya because it is full of strange people there and I'm a stranger. ._. ( and because L'arc~en~Ciel)
Hahaha btw i am otaku too, although I talk Formal perhaps because of my age but I see anime and read manga as everyone I see that is distant, but not discouraged if possible would like to meet you. I know many things give people of Japan amazed when I tell you what I know, soon I will remember and ask more questions to things that I would like to ask what has to do with food and do not know if it is right to do here.
I like things from Japan since I was 4 years old but I stayed with apprehension seem a annoying with so many questions now , soon will begin a course of ninhogo and would like to learn more about culture.Well I live in Brazil and at the moment I'm just working, I intend to follow as career technical here.

more people joined the conversation that sound good ^^

Edit: did not want to prolong the post but was reading about their conversations . I know shybuia is not a otaku place but wanted to see those strange girls who dress in the middle of the street and paint the skin dark . why is that? because I see that there people can have the style you want without being criticized . I want to visit many places . ( Akihabara , Shinjuku , Sapporo ) want to have many good memories .
I also read that you have a master degree O_o , you are younger than me : P is for these things that I like much of Japan where education is taken seriously , unfortunately in my country education is not taken seriously , I feel sorry to say and it is a bit complicated to explain to someone living another reality ( eg people who have more financial possibilities make public faculty and with less power has to do private faculty because ? because social difference is quite large who have money pay courses pre faculty and expensive to see their children in the best faculty in the country who have less money have to work to study in any particular “half mouth”.example if you want to do engineering that is integral to public faculty you study all day and can not work then you resort to something private, I never agreed to that.
needy people can also make college publishes, but is more difficult to get there since public education is weak while the particular is stronger or whoever is better prepared for the exam?

Last edited:
I see, checkmate. I think it is good for you not to hide your such weakness. I have decided that I don't hide my baldness when I become so. Doing anything by halves is unsightly.
But... checkmate-sama! I think it is not true otaku who play eroge because of escaping from real! If you play eroge even you are satisfied with beautiful girls, you are true otaku! Of course, in such case, thinking a great deal of them is important:) I don't want to say that the person who spoil his real is true otaku.
You have also a good cooking skill! Cool. It looks delicious. I often eat Salmon Teriyaki. It is Japanese food?

checkmate-sama! There is enviable guy like eroge!
Oh, you like rice. Do you like nattou, chaeeun? I heard nattou is disliked by many people who are not japanese.

I'm not real otaku, I've never claimed myself as an otaku, I'm more of a "loser", and like any normal man, I'd love to get married.

The Salmon Teriyaki I made in Canada, but I made the Teriyaki sauce from Mirin and Soy sauce made in japan by Mizkan (a famous company that import Japanese tradition spices to North America - I'm in Canada). Not store bought one.

I like rice, more like I eat rice almost all the time, my doctor said nattou is good for my health, so I tried to have that in my main meals as well. I don't know about chaeeun, what is it?

Below is my self-made Miso soup (not store package), made with dashi stock from Ajinomoto, dried bonito & wakame (import from japan made), and white miso paste + mince tofu.

"strange people" means non-japanese people? I want to say "Oh, don't worry about a such thing!", but certainly, almost Japanese can listten and speak only Japanese though reading and writing English is not so bad. Do you like L'arc? I like them too! haha, they sing also anime-songs.
I see. You'll begin studying Japanese. As for it, you can ask me. We already can communicate together in English, thus I can answer you some questions of Japanese language. Though some parts of sentences you wrote are difficult to understand for me because of a lack of my English ability.
I think Brazil food and Japanese one are a little simillar. The people who live in Brazil often eat rice and beans too. I like such food, thus I guess I like also Brazil food.

Oh, I have no friend who is such "strange" people, but I guess they think "It is COOL!". And I don't think painting skin dark is bad, though many Japanese dislike it. It is same that you choose what you wear. Clothes are not only for protection against the cold.
I hope you'll habe many good memories!
As for Japanese schools(included colleges), there are scholarship systems and some promoting study group. Even if I have few money, I can study what I want to(In that case, I'm required high marks. Thus the difference between rich and poor actually exists in studying).
The family that has much money is very strong in many circumstances. I think it is the same stuff in other countries.
You want to say "Japan has money."? If so, I say Yes. I think so too. And if you has good ability(especially about physics), I want you to come to Japan, and use such money for your study. I become physycist, thus development of science is delightful for me.
I want anyone who has a good talent to get opportunity to study.
If you have some topics except Japanese food, please send me a private message.

I know Mizkan, but I didn't know what Teriyaki sauce is made from. You are a cooking master!

chaeeun is a human name like ryuta or Checkmate. He posted in this thread.

Maybe you are more good at cooking Japanese food than ordinary Japanese. haha. I often use store package.
Do you like white miso? How about Red miso?

Reactions: Vile

oh sorry I meant "weird" but my English is terrible, I guess weird because here because of my tastes do not match with most including thinking, I'm sure in your country I develop very well. Yeah i love L'arc I sing some songs too.
It would be great. when I have questions about the Japanese language do you, as the English do not worry, mine is not very good, so use common sense when read and write to understand. anything you do not understand can not be shy to ask.
ah yes. Rice and beans are part of my daily menu, but did not know that the Japanese consume beans. ah yes. Rice and beans are part of my daily menu, but did not know that the Japanese consume beans. My country has a great variety of food, here people prefer coffee and bread in the morning, I do not like coffee. you know or enjoy some food in Brazil?
about the strange, no “strange” but weird. I spoke about the Harajuku girls, you know? clothes are not really to dress only, they say a lot about you also think so. I personally walk in casual clothes I saw in shybuia people paint hair go dressed as visual keys etc. ..
Now I know deeply about how to study Japanese but I think that has a lot more to know. then money influence there too? I believed until now that there was poor families in Japan due to the country having money. I have many skills in science, sometimes confuses me to have skills in various areas of sciences, thinks he can only choose one haha. is possible I go to japan to study?if so I will.I appreciate your answers on everything I'm thinking about another topic more specific so creating send mp

[MENTION=51645]Vile[/MENTION]

Hello. Sorry, I am nor ryuta. (btw, how to call, or use "Mention" code. I manually wrote them here).

but did not know that the Japanese consume beans....

Ah, Yes. For Japanese people, rice and beans are main foods since ca. 2 century BCE (or, 5, 6 century CE.). At present, Rice and beans are major foods for Japanese people.

Rice: people mainly eat cooked rice.
Beans: people eat beans themselves. But beans are used as ingredients of many foods in Japan. Such as "Miso", "Shouyu" (soy sauce), Toufu and so on.

Japanese people eat rice, beans and their derivative foods, and fish means. (And various grains, vegetables, seaweed, seashells, and some meats like chicken etc.)

When one eats cooked rice with miso soup with fu, nattou with shouyu, and toufu in breakfast. Then, it means this person eats almost rice and beans. Miso, shouyu, nattou, fu, toufu are made of / from beans.

My country has a great variety of food, here people prefer coffee and bread in the morning, I do not like coffee. you know or enjoy some food in Brazil?

I cannot imagine anything, very sorry. Tell us the foods in your country.

.....then money influence there too? I believed until now that there was poor families in Japan due to the country having money.

I'm a bit difficult to understand what you want to say. But in reality, there are many poor families in Japan. Comparing 20 or 30 years ago, the percentage of the poor has largely increased in Japan.

To live as a college student, at least Yen 2,000,000 per year is required. For cost being college student, Yen 500,000 or more/ year is required. Housing cost is about Yen 30,000 to 70,000 / month (It is different according to the place). That is, Yen 360,000 to 820,000 per year. Additionally, they should eat, wear, and they want various things. Price of PC game software is about Yen 7,000 or 8,000. Price of anime video (DVD) is Yen 6,000 or so. Price of music CD is about Yen 3,000 or more etc.

I have many skills in science, sometimes confuses me to have skills in various areas of sciences, thinks he can only choose one haha.

It is wonderful. There are Natural sciences, Social sciences, Human sciences, and maybe Medical sciences. Plus various technologies.

_ mrd

[MENTION=41600]mildis[/MENTION]

Hello Mildis, you are welcome.

Ah, Yes. For Japanese people, rice and beans are main foods since ca. 2 century BCE (or, 5, 6 century CE.). At present, Rice and beans are major foods for Japanese people.
then Japanese like beans?
Beans:here is different beans are cooked rice
Brazilians not know other recipe with beans or maybe not have the condiment to make miso etc..
the dishes here are varied, depends on the place, North, South, Midwest, has a wide range due to immigrant culture many people have developed their own cooking.
in my region: Southeast
dish of beans and pork
260sr3a.jpg

shrimp with coconut milk
24v8axy.jpg

chiken with okra
prato+t%C3%ADpico+de+minas+gerais.jpg

fried batter of codfish
b8lflt.jpg

I'm a bit difficult to understand what you want to say. But in reality, there are many poor families in Japan. Comparing 20 or 30 years ago, the percentage of the poor has largely increased in Japan.
I wanted to know if you have similar problems with my country, who have money get advantage or simply is equal and everyone has money. no poors.
life in japan is really hard, money is very different here, and if you had all this money you be rich here . I admire the technology and quality of education in Japan therefore i guess we did not spend as much in japan.

It is wonderful. There are Natural sciences, Social sciences, Human sciences, and maybe Medical sciences. Plus various technologies.
well I tried to say the area of exact sciences (mathematics)
I also progress in culinary and medicine so many areas.

[MENTION=51645]Vile[/MENTION]

Hello, Vile.

There are various foods in the contemporary Japan.

Beans, pork, shrimp, okra, chicken .... Japanese people eat these foods now. (I don't know "coconut milk").
Shrimps and lobsters are favorite foods for Japanese.

As to beans, there are various beans. In Japan, traditionally "Daizu" (soybeans) have been eaten and processed to various foods.

I show the Soybeans and its Products images. To explain them is pretty difficult.
The Image and photos with words (for explanation) will help to understand how Soybeans are used in various foods in japan.

00_Daizu_seihin_figure.jpg

00_daizu_seihin_1_pr.jpg

00_daizu_seihin_2_pr.jpg

----------------------------------

Sorry. What I wrote here additionally is not proper matter in this thread. So I have deleted.

_ mrd

Last edited:
I love Sushi. Just the right thing when you are really hungry and have enough of all this junk food.

Wow... there are many English sentences xD though it's natural because here is English section.
Thank you very much, mildis. You are right from what I've read.
As for the rate of the poor, I think the rate is too low about 20~30 years ago. Of course itself is very good. But those ages are in the “bubble economy&quot.

Anyway, I like eating! let's talk about eating in this thread! other topics is also okay if in some property places.
And as you do, pasting some graphics is very helpful to me!
Brazil foods looks very delicious. I was eating gyu-don just now. Do you know gyu-don? It's so simple food.
I'll take a picture next time.

Hello, [MENTION=77279]Junkierd[/MENTION];
I like sushi too:D especially shrimp.

we focus on talking about food

[MENTION=41600]mildis[/MENTION]

Dear God , how much food ,I understand now soy be consider a bean ,because i did not know in japan is different, but I spoke of black beans because in Brazil soy is a grain cereal ,I research all those foods made ​​from soy, want to learn how to do, its like delicious.

Yeah ryuta , i know this made with onion of my country. rice and meat ,it was a doubt before Japanese eat red meat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls