a plea from those of us in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly would manga artists and producers "make it easier" to get their products outside the country?
They do not have the say in marketing, they only produce. Your only problem is that there is not enough potential return vs. the cost of licensing in the eyes of the right holders. Which, by the way, is partially caused by the very existence of fansubs. What businessmen in right mind would license something for sales that you can get for free on the internet anyway? It's never really about how many people want it, it's about how many people would actually be willing to pay for it. You want them to change their mind, you better present them with actual numerical data of your statement "they would make more money" because sentimental presumptions don't mean jacks in business.

Also, the very point of laws like SOPA and ACTA is to remove the prosecution process. There will be no state vs. court, there will be no innocent until proven guilty. It throws democracy out of the window and gives corporations absolute power to charge you on their own accord for breaking "laws". This is going to be made easier than ever by making privacy invasion by ISPs LEGAL. That is the whole point, it drives the lack of online privacy forward so that you have none.

How exactly would manga artists and producers "make it easier" to get their products outside the country?
They do not have the say in marketing, they only produce. Your only problem is that there is not enough potential return vs. the cost of licensing in the eyes of the right holders. Which, by the way, is partially caused by the very existence of fansubs. What businessmen in right mind would license something for sales that you can get for free on the internet anyway? It's never really about how many people want it, it's about how many people would actually be willing to pay for it. You want them to change their mind, you better present them with actual numerical data of your statement "they would make more money" because sentimental presumptions don't mean jacks in business.

Also, the very point of laws like SOPA and ACTA is to remove the prosecution process. There will be no state vs. court, there will be no innocent until proven guilty. It throws democracy out of the window and gives corporations absolute power to charge you on their own accord for breaking "laws". This is going to be made easier than ever by making privacy invasion by ISPs LEGAL. That is the whole point, it drives the lack of online privacy forward so that you have none.

ok ... you have convinced me ... there is absolutely nothing anyone can do that can change anything so we are all just f'd by big business

sadly you have evidently completely not noticed how Steve Jobs not only saved Apple from going under, but turned it into one of the riches companies there is ........... and I'll give you a tiny hint ... it wasnt just because he moved all production to China, so that Americans lost their jobs they used to have making Apple computers

everything is already in place ... and in very small ways, are already being done ... sadly the Japanese mangaka are not the ones making the money from it

with the way you have done your very best to beat down every single positive thing said in this thread ... you sound like you ARE one of the BIG BUSINESSES you are complaining about

I dont need this site ... and neither does anyone else

there are plenty of other sites to get manga and anime from ... I use them

which is why can say bye ... and not bother trying to explain to an "anti everything" type

Well sorry to burst your bubble? I only merely tried to explain that Japan is not much more of garden of eden than USA.
I never tried to "beat down every single positive thing said" in this thread (though admittedly I didn't really notice anything positive) but preaching your anti-government predicament here won't exactly help your cause either.

And I wonder why you even made this thread if you don't need this site?
Anyhow, sorry to see you go. Good luck to you in your future otaku endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Scale wrote on Shine's profile.
Need help, please re-upload this Hentai OVA if possible! Thanks you!
Link: https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120731-oz-スマイルピースdeじゃんけんレイプ-rj099334.635208/
energienah147 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
im new on this site and im wondering if you could do the game Astrune Academy it came out on steam about a week ago
mobius0417 wrote on Kurokaze's profile.
[121122] [catwalk] 魔王と踊れ! CODE:ARCANA 初回豪華特典版 + Special Disc + OST + NoDVD

Please re-upload this.
Puxli wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hey, could you re-upload RJ01063625? Thanks, appreciate it.
GuRu wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
こんにちは、@Nihonjaki90 さん。こちらを再アップロードしていただけますか? いつもありがとうございます。