I do both, but anything Im playing in Japanese Im definitely playing on emulator. Way easier and faster to look up words and I also like keeping track of how many characters I am reading :3
I also prefer to wait for the full release. Id like to just get the full story in one go without having to wait after already getting some of it or worrying about possible changes that I might not like.
I always try to 100% complete every game. It definitely leads to me holding myself back a bit because I dont like starting anything new before Ive finished what Im currently playing and if Im not completely invested in my current game it can take a while for me to finish it T_T
I like to stick to one and dont start anything until Im done with it. It definitely gets rough sometimes if Im not super motivated to finish something because it means Im delaying playing something else I might be more interested in. Generally Im also super bad at dropping games or books...
I used to care a lot about playing the bad ones first and saving the good ones for last, but it can get really tedious to keep up with the saving and reloading and everything so now I just do the good one first and then work my way through the others
Mobile games were my introduction! Specifically the Voltage titles as standalones back in the day. I still have the Love 365 app on my phone both in en and jp and I still regularly go back to replay those stories. Mostly the older ones though, Im still upset about the Love choice system even all...
I would say in order for me to abandon the game or even to just set it aside for a while the first route I play would have to be really bad in terms of something like the quality of the writing overall i guess. Or if its easy to tell that its a really botched translation/localization. But in...
I always keep the original name. For multiple reasons, but like others have said I like to hear the characters say the MCs name. Honestly, even for games where the MC has no canon name and you have to choose one, I often just pick something at random.
I always check for the recommended order and stick to that. If there isnt one, I would say that I usually like to leave the route/LI Im most interested in for last. Always end on a high note
Theres a couple games which I have replayed when I started playing VNs in japanese because I wanted to ease into it by playing things I was already familiar with. Other than that I first got into Otome through mobile games where every characters story was a separate purchase, so I would play the...