Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

does your preference for manga/manhwa genres and storylines change as you get older?

deluluscious

Active member
Aug 20, 2025
366
50
personally, as i get older, ive become more picky. these days, i prefer manga or manhwa with a good story and a plot that makes sense to me. when i was a teenager, i read a lot of shoujo, but now im more into josei. i realized that my preferences have changed, and i dont read as many manga or manhwa as i used to because im more picky about the story. sometimes i find manga or manhwa with a good art style, but if i dont like the story, i will stop reading it. back then, i would just read anything, but now the whole plot matters more to me.
 
I read a lot, so when I encounter a new manga or manhwa with a generic plot... I'll drop it if it doesn't hook me in 5 chapters (for manga) or 10 chapters (for manhwa). Especially for the isekai or villainess genres, I'm too picky now.

If I like the art style but dislike the plot, I'll stay just to screenshot good panels for reference lol
:lapi_camera:
 
Im way more picky too, sometimes i feel im too critical that i can barely read anything 😭 im always thinking shit like "thats so unrealistic" or "the romance feels forced" and I immediately drop it. not to mention i dont touch school mangas or mangas where FL is drawn to look like a child whereas ML is a perfectly normal looking adult. Like I genuinely write an essay of all the deal breakers for me and taking them all into account leaves like 5% of mangas I find readable 💔
 
Well yeah, I used to read literally anything, even if the cover or plot made zero sense to me lol. But as I've gotten older, I've gotten way more picky, especially manhwa. Now I'll only read tropes I actually like, and if the story is trash, I'm dropping it asap.
 
Actually for me, I've become less picky! Haha
Nowadays I'll give a chance to all sorts of stories that in my teens wouldn't really interest me. I'm more critical of media as a whole though! But even when something isn't particularly good, I can still enjoy it if it's interesting ;b
My favorite themes are more or less still the same. I feel like I just refined them, and I'm better articulating what I enjoy and why. Also, I don't feel embarrassed about what I like anymore lol
 
I have become more picky with the years 😅. We have soo many new content now that i can be more picky.

Not for zombie/post apocalyptic stuff tho, i read everything there is :c
 
I don't think my taste preferences have changed much. I used to like reading romance comics, and now I also enjoy reading hahaha. However, now I do value interesting plots more. If the plot is boring and boring, I usually won't read it again.