Issues installing/playing a game

rober2

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2015
Hi!. This is probably my 1st post since I registered, and I've been a member for months. but anyway...

So I'm trying to install a game titled "Yamiiro no Snow Drops" or "闇色のスノードロップス".

The versions I got was both from "girlcelly" and "Ataraxia". I downloaded both coz I figured that it may fix my issue. it didn't.

So, my first issue was that when I installed this game, I used "Locale Emulator" to emulate the Japanese locale. it seemed to have installed without issues. but when I run the game, it tells me that it's for "japan only". further description indicates that it needs a japanese version of Windows, time and date settings on Japanese, etc. and this is even when I'm using the Japanese Locale. So I went through the trouble of doing all of it, and when I finally have, it tells me that there's a registry error or corruption, and that resetting it (probably mistranslated and thought reinstalling is what it meant) would fix it, which I did (reinstalling it).

But now, when i try reinstalling it without using the Locale Emulator, it gives me this error:
error.png

Now, interestingly, this is when I now have my system on Japanese Locale. when I use the Locale Emulator with my system already on Japanese Locale, it goes through with no issues and is able to install with no problems, but I return to the issue of the whole registry corruption thing. I'm led to believe that since I'm using the Locale Emulator, the installer's registry patch gets screwed up, maybe coz the Locale Emulator itself has it's own path in the registry settings.

Another interesting bit is that that error is showing while my Locale Settings are set to Japanese... Or at least I BELIEVE it is. notice the title bar to be in unreadable text. that normally appears when I'm NOT using the Japanese locale or when I'm not using the Locale Emulator. but when I DO use the Locale Emulator, the text appear in normal Japanese text. it kinda implies that I may have made an error in setting my system to Japanese Locale. can anyone help me in this? i'm honestly getting annoyed.

Japanese locale doesn't work with many of the games now. To get past the game, you will also need to change the system to Japanese Display Language. Be wary that you should at least know how to find those file and control setting if you plan to change that because once the Display language is changed, you will be running in Japanese language in all windows system.

yeah, that's the thing; I could've sworn I DID change my overall settings to Japanese, but I'm still getting issues to run this. i seem to have a new issue when I did change it to Japanese. pls refer to the pic I linked above, the error.png

Hi, :)
image Error write file missing. misssing some.ico file just find any other Rename and try again.
-
https://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/faq/detail/=/type/user/mid/7/did/296
Warning ALL chane to a Japanese english <-> 英語
Just use Virtualbox and Windows 7 Orig Japan and play 90% off all games some 3D too. Not a Full 3D of course.
-
Trying tomorrow play, long time ago play last time.
-
you use NoDvd patch for game???
-://iris-soft.jp/support.html

Hi! Thanks for the response. will try out the Virtualbox one tomorrow.

Yeah, I used the NoDVD Patch.

What did you mean when you said this?:

image Error write file missing. misssing some.ico file just find any other Rename and try again.

All work perfectly fine Windows 10 21H1 Japan Original

-
You use not a Full Japan Windows (C:Y Japan - C:\ other lang) i Really tired from that, next time i just ignore it, file automatic rename 漢字 .ico to blabla.ico, open your archive and check inside .ico file, if inside blabla.ico then you need ReLoad or ask someone for Real Japan name.
-
Dont know why prog care about .ico, .ico just image for file in a folder. you can replace with any other just need right name.

[MENTION=119212]rober2[/MENTION]; I tried downloading girlcelly's version. It works fine for my Windows 10 64-bit. No locale emulator needed.

So there are two separate issues here, the installer and the executable.

1. The installer

Probably the reason for that gibberish in your error message is that, the installer doesn't properly recognize Japanese characters. What I did is go to Control Panel > Region > Administrative > Language for non-unicode to Japanese. (Not sure if you have to set Format to Japanese here, but I remember some games require that so I recommend you do it.)

2. The executable

If the crack in girlcelly's thread doesn't work, use this AlphaROM tool.

(NoDVD Patch) AlphaROM 汎用認証回避ツール Build20121001.zip

Run it and a window with Chinese instruction will pop up. All you have to do is drag the exe file into the window.

It works with many old SiglusEngine games that demand you to use Japanese Windows.

[MENTION=119212]rober2[/MENTION]; I tried downloading girlcelly's version. It works fine for my Windows 10 64-bit. No locale emulator needed.

So there are two separate issues here, the installer and the executable.

1. The installer

Probably the reason for that gibberish in your error message is that, the installer doesn't properly recognize Japanese characters. What I did is go to Control Panel > Region > Administrative > Language for non-unicode to Japanese. (Not sure if you have to set Format to Japanese here, but I remember some games require that so I recommend you do it.)

2. The executable

If the crack in girlcelly's thread doesn't work, use this AlphaROM tool.

(NoDVD Patch) AlphaROM 汎用認証回避ツール Build20121001.zip

Run it and a window with Chinese instruction will pop up. All you have to do is drag the exe file into the window.

It works with many old SiglusEngine games that demand you to use Japanese Windows.

Awwww YIS. Thanks to this.

The AlphaROM tool worked! thanks a bunch.

Edit:
okay, new smaller issue:

Does anyone know the hook code for this? using Textractor n having no luck getting the right hook for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。