How to get (anime) music out of a unmountable cue or flac file?

nick13

Jul 26, 2012
Most anime music i download like this, http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/FELT are all in flac and cue format when i download it from torrents. And daemon tools usually cant mount these. Does anyone have a method of mounting with a different program successfully? I've used CUETools 2.1.4 and its worked when i mounted, can listen to music.. but i cant actually have the physical copy so i can only listen to it. If anyone knows a program that can mount music let me know, thanks

You're not supposed to mount it. FLAC is a popular lossless audio format that you can directly play as is whereas a cue sheet file commonly contains details like metadata and points to a certain audio file such as FLAC, TTA or TAK. In case you're using something like Windows Media Player, try using a real audio player programme.

Reactions: nick13
You're not supposed to mount it. FLAC is a popular lossless audio format that you can directly play as is whereas a cue sheet file commonly contains details like metadata and points to a certain audio file such as FLAC, TTA or TAK. In case you're using something like Windows Media Player, try using a real audio player programme.

Thanks alot, it sounds great(really sounds amazing). One question though, how do i go about putting these onto my itunes? Apparently flac isnt supported when i try to drag it on.

edit: found convert button, ur my hero thank u

You should use VLC Media Player is free not sure why nobody mention it since you can play almost any video or audio file there is.
Official page

Obviusly I testet it and it works. (testet with 16 and 24 Bit Flac file)

Digital Media Converter is a good free audio video converter software that converts every type of media file. No adware, and completely virus free. Supports almost any file format and it is a fast converter. It also does batch conversion so you can convert the entire FLAC folder at once.

You should use VLC Media Player is free not sure why nobody mention it since you can play almost any video or audio file there is.
Official page

Obviusly I testet it and it works. (testet with 16 and 24 Bit Flac file)

:chuuni_mortals:Hah.VLC is crap.

Use Foobar2000 or AIMP. I can't recommend winamp because it's dead. I use Audacity for conversion or Adobe Audition.

for cue files, I usually use Medieval Cue Splitter to split them into separate files if they're all in one .flac. Then I use Switch Sound File converter to convert the .flac to either .mp3 or .m4a files and then I put them into foobar2000 to correct the tags, and then I put them into my iTunes. All that's left then, is to add the album cover picture and tadaa.

Reactions: Sakimichi

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。