Learning two language at the same time: Chinese and Japanese

setuna1279

Feb 27, 2012
I'm currently learning both . After doing some research on studying Japanese, I decided to learn both Chinese and Japanese since they used both the same character system. Maybe a lot of people don't actually know this that the Vietnamese in fact uses the alphabet character for the meaning of the words in Chinese except that the grammar is completely different. So I learn Chinese characters in Vietnamese so that I can really know the meaning between two character that have the same meaning in English. For example, 想 and 思 have the same meaning as thought but they are quite different in my language in some aspect. That's why I can learn the kanji and how to combine them because it was actually transfering my language in a different sound, but still a lot of words still don't follow like that.

Let's get to the point here. I need some help to adjust my method. I got all the material needed for Japanese but not for Chinese. The fact is that I can't find a good grammar guide for Chinese as good as Tae Kim in Japanese. I was kinda stuck when I can only speak Chinese by linking all the words I know together. So I want to find some good grammar guide for Chinese. Can anyone help me? And on this topic, if someone who also learns both Chinese and Japanese here, you can post here some thoughts you want to share with.

I'm learning Japanese and it's been a major undertaking on it's on. I couldn't imagine learning Chinese along side it. They may share a lot of the same kanji characters but as far as I can tell, they are used differently and and the meanings aren't usually the same. Japanese also has 2 alphabets that can be used to write any word.

If you can do it, then you are an extremely intelligent self disciplined person. Good luck...

My learning style is completely different from a lot of people. For Chinese, I focus on vocabulary while for Japanes, I concentrate on reading, speaking and listening. I don't concentrate on both language on all four skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Because I don't concentrate on both language on all 4 language skills so that I can manage it.

I learn both Chinese and Japanese too! Although I'm not too good in either...

But yeah, both languages do share similar characters with similar meanings (somewhat) and sometimes similar pronunciations. Sorry I can't recommend any good books on Chinese because I learn Chinese in school and come from a community that speaks Chinese, but I can say that read or listen to a little Chinese for grammar. Oddly enough, I still don't know of any actual grammar structure for Chinese :P

请提供英文翻译,当你发布使用另一种语言。

Please provide an English translation when you post using another language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。