NTR Themes in Non-H work

lonecow

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2012
First of all, holy crap, I started coming here when the original thread was created, I've been away for a few months and now we have our own Forum and huge community. Amazing.

So for the title of the thread. I've posted this a million times in the main thread but it always gets passed by in favor of some other topic.

But now that we can have dedicated threads, I think it might be nice to keep a thread for shows, games or manga, that aren't hentai but have NTR Themes.

To keep it slightly broader, I think Borderline H and Ecchi manga are fair game to be included here.

So for example a few years ago, Sword Art Online would obviously be included or Freezing. I know those are old ass shows now but it's the first thing that came to mind.

So is there any entertainment going on right now that has NTR themes that others in this group might be interested in?

Reactions: Tatara
Final Fantasy 8, for some parts, until with the main char shield somehow Squall got Rinoa. Otherwise Seifer is almost Rinoa's future husband.

And Final Fantasy 7, for Vincent, or for Cloud.

Also Fire Emblem 4 Seisen no Keifu has very strong NTR with the pairing system, not to mention the main story the main character Sigurd got NTRed.

Maison Ikkoku, Lum, 1/2 Ranma and Inu Yasha also give NTR feeling sometimes :)

First NTR manga I read Chisa x Pon. My first exposure to NTR and the one i desperately wanted to read, i learn japanese and read all the raw volumes. The translator group stopped translating it because in the following chapters there's NTR content in it which is disappointing.
btw it's not fully ecchi, only slightly like common shoujo manga

Fire Emblem 4 I agree has some of the best NTR with Sigurd. You can usually trick most of the Fire Emblem games to give you some NTR feels if they have a Bond System.

Charlotte in Fates is a great NTR pick because even after you marry her she tries to sleep with every male unit if you pair her up with them. Just requires a little imagination to fill in the rest. Camilla is pretty good for this as well. I'm not a huge fan of Fates but it is worth it for that, haha.

I'd say a lot of supposed shoujo style love triangles can be seen as ntr if the pov was changed.

The second book in the maze runner trilogy(The scorch trials) uses netorare in all but name, i can't really explain without basically spoiling half of the trilogy and book sadly. In the legend of drizzt books (search RA Salvatore) ntr/cuckold also appears, in fact i just realized in the later books ntr and its variants make various appearences, specially netorase.

Mmm i know there have been a couple more books i have read that make think "this is so ntr" but those are the only examples i can remembe rright now.......as a bonus the books are really good? Well at least the legend of drizzt saga, maze runner is good but the saga is legendary lol

I see Freezing was mentioned; this can be attributed to pretty much all of Im Dal Young's works, including Legend of Maian. I don't know how his series have ended up, but when I was last following any of them many years ago, bad plot or not, everything was pretty much on hiatus as he continuously spun out new works.

Troy Game series is a fantasy series involving reincarnation. Read it many years ago, you can find the synopsis here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troy_Game

Overall decent but I found the last in the quartet bad. It's not a terrible read, but only if you're into fantasy even though it involves various forms of infidelity; and, honestly, there are better fantasy series out there, even though this one is unique and not without merit.

I'm always looking for good books with NTR. That reminds me that Gaurdians of the Flame has really good NTR in the first book. The book is really good but it has the lame cheesy set up for 4 friends being sucked into a game of D&D. But it's pretty violent and has lots of sex.

Legend of Maian is a good recommendation, but yeah, I don't think he ever finished it. It's a shame because I liked it way more than Freezing.

Freezing had great art, but dumb female characters killed the story for me. It's a tendency from the author to ruing his stories with dumb characters anyway :(

The Anime Version of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (also an Eroge, but dont know if it also has that ntr theme)

There is a shit ton of drama, and the girlfriend of MC gets drunk in one of the later episodes while meeting some guys back from school. One of them wants to have his way with her and brings her to a hotel. There they meet the best friend of MC who stops this, but than, if i am remember correctly (i have seen the show many years ago so i dont remember all) is fucking the girl instead xD. The guy with the ulterior motives and the friend who fucks her are a good combination for some ntrish feelings.

The Anime Version of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (also an Eroge, but dont know if it also has that ntr theme)

There is a shit ton of drama, and the girlfriend of MC gets drunk in one of the later episodes while meeting some guys back from school. One of them wants to have his way with her and brings her to a hotel. There they meet the best friend of MC who stops this, but than, if i am remember correctly (i have seen the show many years ago so i dont remember all) is fucking the girl instead xD. The guy with the ulterior motives and the friend who fucks her are a good combination for some ntrish feelings.

Wow.. it's been a long time since i first watched that anime. one of my first anime, I watch it because it ranks very highly in anidb (first if i'm not mistaken?). i still remember it played with your feeling a lot.
The girl you mean the strong headed blue haired girl or the shy red-haired one?
I don't remember the scene you're talking about at all. then again i didn't know about ntr back then, lol.
Maybe i need to watch it again. :)

Wow.. it's been a long time since i first watched that anime. one of my first anime, I watch it because it ranks very highly in anidb (first if i'm not mistaken?). i still remember it played with your feeling a lot.
The girl you mean the strong headed blue haired girl or the shy red-haired one?
I don't remember the scene you're talking about at all. then again i didn't know about ntr back then, lol.
Maybe i need to watch it again. :)
Yep, its the blue haired one, Mitsuki is her name. Thats a high ranking! On MAL the anime has only an average rating and from what i can remember, that fits it very well.

Studio Trigger seems to have shown they're not afraid to dabble in the area. Kiznaiver last year had the childhood friend miss out, which is a common occurrence, but what made it different was that she actually had another guy who liked her. So often in anime we are left to assume the girls that lose remain single and 'pure' for the remainder of their lives. Plenty do this, Nisekoi is a recent one that comes to mind with a time skip. But in this case we're left with a girl that genuinely loves the protagonist end up with someone else.

They seem to be doing it again with Darling in the Franxx.

Reactions: Wondermouse
Studio Trigger seems to have shown they're not afraid to dabble in the area. Kiznaiver last year had the childhood friend miss out, which is a common occurrence, but what made it different was that she actually had another guy who liked her. So often in anime we are left to assume the girls that lose remain single and 'pure' for the remainder of their lives. Plenty do this, Nisekoi is a recent one that comes to mind with a time skip. But in this case we're left with a girl that genuinely loves the protagonist end up with someone else.

They seem to be doing it again with Darling in the Franxx.

I hope this becomes a trend. Not for NTR reasons but because I am so tired of the love triangle trope that pretends the main character is the only male in the universe worth hooking up with.

Fate/Stay Night in the Heaven's Feel route has an ending that goes into the future and the love interest from a previous route is shown to be grown up and married to someone else. It's much more realistic to assume these teenage heroes in anime and manga grow up and have lives that don't revolve around a love triangle.

Reactions: Wondermouse
Salad Days by Shinobu Inokuma. In volume 5 there's a 3-part story titled "Graduation" that depressed me when I first read it. The manga contains other NTR content but "Graduation" is the one that sticks with me after so many years.

I've mined those threads before. There are some good recommendations but all the banter between the people arguing if something is actually NTR or not makes it kind of hard to figure out which ones have a legitimate claim or not. lol Also people just list series and don't explain what makes them NTR. But it might be a good idea for me to start going through them and see which ones might be legit.

One of the series they name is Kannazuki no Miko, which looks worth checking out. It has one of my favorite types of NTR that gets overlooked a lot, Yuri NTR where the girlfriend is stolen from the male MC by another woman.

I'm always looking for good books with NTR. That reminds me that Gaurdians of the Flame has really good NTR in the first book. The book is really good but it has the lame cheesy set up for 4 friends being sucked into a game of D&D. But it's pretty violent and has lots of sex.

Well. I actually bought and red this (first) book because of this recommendation. Does only first book contain NTR? Should I read next ones to see any NTR?
This thing is not for me:
Gang rape of two main heroines.
@lonecow THX for hint! Tell me please if later books from series contain NTR.

Last edited:
If people like shoujo manga at all, I find Surprise NTR-like situations and I think this shapes what I like the most about NTR in general:

--Saijou Ayano's done it more than once, her works get...a bit smutty but not quite to the level of straight-up a hentai, so I think this goes here. There are three that I remember being close to NTR-y, and those are "Ichioku no Koi", "Sensei wa Boku no Mono" and "Netsu-Ai Shisen", but the first and third are more explicit with the main character being straight-up stolen from a boyfriend/fiance by another guy. "Sensei wa Boku no Mono" is more implied, it's not said that the girl is dating her childhood friend before she gets stolen/bought by the guy she eventually ends up with. But "Ichioku no Koi" and "Netsu-Ai Shisen" are both more explicit with the fact that the main character's spoken for before this other guy shows up.

-- Again in the "more implied than stated" corner that I nonetheless enjoyed, there's "Dekiai Paradox" by Yuna Anisaki. Main girl likes a different dude than the one she ends up with. It's more of a traditional love triangle but there is somewhat of a corruptive element as it's a bad-boy fucks good-girl type deal for people who prefer the corruptive element of NTR.

-- Speaking of "corruption elements in NTR", there's Shinjou Mayu's "Akuma na Eros", wherein the main character is fucked by the actual Devil.

Those are some of my favorites, though. There's just a surprising number of shoujo manga with the theme of "guy 'buys' the girl or gets her to do some other favor that winds up being sexual" or "girl is used as collateral because her parents owe money or whatever" or "girl is in surprise arranged marriage", some of which involve a girl who's already dating someone else. Not that that's a bad thing.

Those are some of my favorites, though. There's just a surprising number of shoujo manga with the theme of "guy 'buys' the girl or gets her to do some other favor that winds up being sexual" or "girl is used as collateral because her parents owe money or whatever" or "girl is in surprise arranged marriage", some of which involve a girl who's already dating someone else. Not that that's a bad thing.
I completely agree with that: many shoujo are basically non hentai or non completed ntr, especially when you find m/m/f love triangles. And some male characters are so like the typical casanova netori guy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.