Does anyone know of any good post-apocalyptic zombie apocalypes manga?

Kargan3033

May 11, 2013
Hello everyone nice to meet you all.

Ie only zombie manga that I like was HOTD, however I felt it mostly based around fan service and not enough plot/action.

Does anyone here know of any good post world war 3/zombie apocalyes manga that is grim and dark and bloody, it does not mater if it has fan service/ecchi/henatai in it but that should not be that main driving force behind it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

I don't know if Claymore fits the bill but you can always try Shiki which is a novel I believe. I doubt there's a manga version of it but since it got animated, then there should be a manga laying around the internet somewhere. It's a zombie like infestation that starts of small and grows into a whole village in short. You might like that one. It's not large scale though.

Word has it that there's others that fit the bill like:
  • fist of the north star
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • 7SEEDS
  • Legend of Mother Sarah
  • Bio Meat
  • Cage of eden
  • Dragon head
  • Suicide island

Reactions: Kargan3033
I don't know if Claymore fits the bill but you can always try Shiki which is a novel I believe. I doubt there's a manga version of it but since it got animated, then there should be a manga laying around the internet somewhere. It's a zombie like infestation that starts of small and grows into a whole village in short. You might like that one. It's not large scale though.

Word has it that there's others that fit the bill like:
  • fist of the north star
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • 7SEEDS
  • Legend of Mother Sarah
  • Bio Meat
  • Cage of eden
  • Dragon head
  • Suicide island

Thank you for the info I'll look them up.

Check out "Apocalypse no Toride". It is good but it takes too long before they update chapters. Each chapter has like 50-60 pages so it may be worthwhile. The latest I chapter I think is 15 or 16. Go check it out.

I think " I am a hero". It's about a zombie infestation, but the virus is not the same as others mangas, and it tells the story from a diferent type of view. You will not see, in the begining, people killing zombies like crazy, even the protagonist.

Another manga is "Psyren", "Uzumaki" and "Sidonia no Kishi".

Have you tried Becchin to Mandala?

It's about two girls that live on a riverside and kill zombies in an already destroyed world.

I highly recommend I am Hero,
It's the best zombie apocalypse manga for me
because it's near realistic...

For post apocalypse I think 7seeds is the best...
I never get bored reading that,
the mangaka may not have a great art, but her story is the best she wins 2 awards. (for Basara and 7Seeds)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。