Hongfire offline?

progste

Elite Member
Elite Member
Feb 1, 2016
It looks like the site has been offline since yesterday, does anyone know why?

Well, aren't they already since few years technically died...:reallyconfused:

the tracker/torrent portion of their site has been closed for years but the forum was still going, i've been chatting there up until yesterday

The main website is up; there's a notice about maintenance and a site upgrade. Once the repairs are done, the forum should go back online.

Back online, but it seems the hacker did enough damage to force a rollback to March and all users needs to reset their passwords to boot.

Indeed, it's under attack, yet again...

For anyone from the Poser/Comic group in HF who frequent this site, please PM me so I can pass on some info on our present circumstances!

Hi.. I was just wondering... If there is an error 305 forbidden if that means it's down I was able to go there yesterday or 2 days ago so i know i'm not permantly blocked. I haven't even done anything to get banned. I was trying to get mods for aa2.

There is nothing to fear. We have to wait patiently until Hong can solve the problems of the site. It is a bit unexpected that the site failed so fast again.

When that happened in 2013 we established a second base here in ASF. But people left as soon as HF came back. Still you can find some mods for AA2 here.

well, to make the long story short...

the site got attacked, most probably..... make that certainly some irate user. (i believe it's not warranted that we have annoyed a lot of people in the past)
hong decided to take it down.
it was restored temporarily.
and now it's down again.
no eta when it will be up.
... that's about it, i guess.

The rollback already took a little steam out of my sails. I had just finished making some huge updates to my blog and gotten all my comics in one spot. :(

@enimaroah, Lisa Hayes: I don't know if you guys genuinely don't know, or are just trying to evade the subject, but there is certainly a lot to fear.
rZAnpiLb.jpg
This is what happens to old sites with decent traffic that do not keep up to date in security matters: they get targeted by black hats that want a piece of the ad cake. I got some friends working in net security and they're always talking about how everything is vulnerable and how easy it would be to fuck up this or that site. Usually people with these skills can make absurd amounts of money legally, since they're highly demanded. Too bad this particular individual seems to be not only a scumbag and a criminal, but also somewhat dumb. Dumb is dangerous with such a skillset.

I'm really hoping Hong can get the show back on it's feet, but I can forsee a long void period. Patching up a security hole like that isn't easy.

in general keep a backup text file if you have a big post that took a lot of work

Well ...

e18fb452228391d29d859308eda1bf71.jpg

However, we had solid ground there, now it's shaken and damaged.
Maybe i'll resettle here, don't know ...

ahah yeah i guess it's easy to give advice after the whole thing happened.

Ah. Thank you. I was trying to find some here yesterday. I was wondering about the site. I just didn't know until now that the error was the same. I didn't even know this site had a history of being attack until early this morning. I had just signed up. :/ Glad i saveed the patches, game, and the append sets before this.

It seems like the main site is now finally under maintenance. I don't know what to say about the picture that was posted.. The other parts are still down. :/

@enimaroah, Lisa Hayes: I don't know if you guys genuinely don't know, or are just trying to evade the subject, but there is certainly a lot to fear.
rZAnpiLb.jpg
This is what happens to old sites with decent traffic that do not keep up to date in security matters: they get targeted by black hats that want a piece of the ad cake. I got some friends working in net security and they're always talking about how everything is vulnerable and how easy it would be to fuck up this or that site. Usually people with these skills can make absurd amounts of money legally, since they're highly demanded. Too bad this particular individual seems to be not only a scumbag and a criminal, but also somewhat dumb. Dumb is dangerous with such a skillset.

I'm really hoping Hong can get the show back on it's feet, but I can forsee a long void period. Patching up a security hole like that isn't easy.
wow, i actually missed this post...
Not the first time i see something like this, unfortunately people can be assholes -.- let's just keep rooting for Hong

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Suziiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Could you please reup this on mexashare if you have it still? Thanks

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/100924-ローズクラウン-bloods~淫落の血族2~.23054/
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.