Your favorite game developer, what are they?

Well before I with VNs met have, was at me Capcom (The Devil may cry series, and some other action-adventure games), EA (Only the Need for Speed series) and Konami (Because his Yugioh!-TGCs) my favorite developer.

Konami Divorced since I've been waiting more than a decade for a proper Zone of the Enders sequel. Now in love with on-disc locked content Crapcom due to being addicted to Dragon's Dogma.

Square Enix and Rockstar Games. Added to this, Rockstar Games is the one and only that won an art award with their game GTA.

The VN-developer Orbit (with his/her sub-developer: Root, Clover and Alma) - I like the artist, Carnelian.
Nitro+ - Because of his fantastic dark theme VNs.
Type-moon - How at Nitro+, the epic story.
Navel - There too/also how at Orbit and the nice story.
==========================================

And why? Because they cross the line between software development and art?
Why? It's because something like GTA won this "art award". GTA is a good game, without a doubt, but this is like "CoD wins the Best FPS Award". I really would like to know why just GTA. "Awards" say totally nothing about a game, since most of the winners are games everyone plays (like CoD the best FPS, FIFA the best sports game and so on). Such games just win this awards because nearly everyone plays them (I'm an exception, since GTA is like shit since SA and CoD since MW2). There are so many games out there you never heard of, but since the developer don't have the money, they can't advertise for their games.

They won this award for their artworks and their display of New York not because its a good game or its popularity. Well, their popularity was liable for nomination and im sure if games beyond the mainstream would be more known they deserve an award, too. But there is nothing wrong with an company that develops their games in a lovely way and spend so much attention in details....mainstream or not.

"CoD wins the Best FPS Award"
That shows something is wrong! ;)
Mainstream isnt the problem. Companys that produces loveless games like on an assembly line are a problem. Theres no innovation anymore. Theres only the product as with the recent Apple hysteria.

Square Enix, as for what are they, they are beast, all their game are beastly. And capcom, i missed megaman...

Currently are: nitro+, Type-moon, Orbit, Navel and Akabé-soft2 - they're big in chara/background-design, story and music epic...:goodtea:~>

My favorites are:

-DICE I would seriously consider working with them if I had any chance ^^
-Square Enix Final fantasy nuff said

-square enix ( awesome graphics , great game like kingdom hearts)
-gearbox ( borderlands 1 and 2 )
-2k ( nba games)
-capcom ( resident evil series , dead rising )
-bandai ( naruto shippuden and dragon ball )

Always the big 5 VN-developers:

Root
Navel
Nitro+
Akabeesoft2
Atelier Kaguya: YB

Nintendo - for all those childhood games
Square Enix - For the FF series even though right now I still wished that they remade FFVII with today's graphics. Sleeping Dogs was good too.
Namco Tales - the great tales series
NIS America - Disgaea Series
Bandai - Gundam games

These are my favorite developers and the ones I usually consider when buying a new game to play.

Not sure how to answer this. Since there are two factors I must take into consideration, the games themselves, and the company. some crappy companies might make good games still, and some good companies might make crappy games...

I like Id for making DoomIII.... I dislike treyarch for their CoD milking, 15$ map packs and whatnot.
I like (liked-RIP) Westwood for their RTS games...

All I can think of atm, it's getting late.

Last edited:
Studio Liverpool. They made all the WipEout racing games. Too bad they have been disbanded now. :crushed:

Bethesda
Microprose
Rare
Lucas Arts
Sierra
Capcom
Nintendo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25