Why do people hate school days so much?

In fact, I just played HQ version and I found in most of the routes Makoto behaves nice to girls but just so hesitant and easy to be tempted...So He is actually not a bad guy...

I don't like it simply because it's not my "thing". I dislike any depressing or disturbing anime and School Days tops the list for me.

Not denying that it was well-written, or well-made, I'm sure it was, and I have no disrespect for its creators or the people that enjoyed it; but I just cannot enjoy anything deliberately designed to make me feel like shit. I also can't stand gore.

Personally I feel there's enough misery in the real world so I'd like to at least keep my fantasy world full of sunshine and rainbows.

In fact, I just played HQ version and I found in most of the routes Makoto behaves nice to girls but just so hesitant and easy to be tempted...So He is actually not a bad guy...

the anime takes an original route that isn't in the game
so even though the characters are the same , the story it self is very different from the game

Makoto was never a bad guy,but he makes very bad decisions
one reason why i loved the anime was that it actually made such an ordinary boy in puberty, easily temped, easily give in to self absorbtion, could create such catastrophe

Only played the HQ VN on most play-throughs is the anime worth considering, i enjoyed the VN a lot but in two minds because i've heard mixed things about it :_:?

Only played the HQ VN on most play-throughs is the anime worth considering, i enjoyed the VN a lot but in two minds because i've heard mixed things about it :_:?

It's like loli, it depends alot on who you are for you to enjoy the anime or not.

the novel was pretty average, story wise, just your usual novel, with the animation as a plus

If you ask is it worth considering or not, since it follows a different route form the novel, even if you've read the novel it is still worth watching, it's just like playing another route that wasn't on the original novel

Whether you appreciate it or not, that's a different story. The anime is messed up, cynical, twisted, intriguing, heart wrenching and just brutal in what it wants to deliver
If you're the type of person who likes harem, likes vanilla romance, like happy endings, it's not for you. If you can appreciate a twisted and dark story , you might just love it

people said the anime was "bad", no it wasn't, it was just so good it gave them trauma

Reactions: Nahiko
It's like loli, it depends alot on who you are for you to enjoy the anime or not.

the novel was pretty average, story wise, just your usual novel, with the animation as a plus

If you ask is it worth considering or not, since it follows a different route form the novel, even if you've read the novel it is still worth watching, it's just like playing another route that wasn't on the original novel

Whether you appreciate it or not, that's a different story. The anime is messed up, cynical, twisted, intriguing, heart wrenching and just brutal in what it wants to deliver
If you're the type of person who likes harem, likes vanilla romance, like happy endings, it's not for you. If you can appreciate a twisted and dark story , you might just love it

people said the anime was "bad", no it wasn't, it was just so good it gave them trauma
Thanks for your input!

Hmm i heard the anime was an over dramatized version of the VN with poor story flow with flashy animation =/ guess i won't take others word for it and just watch it already haha; btw do you know any other VN's with similar style gameplay as School Days, I really loved the more animated style of visuals compared to static images over a BG

My good sir, I can recommend a few to you, but they're not translated, even among the original raw games they're quite a rarity.

:ninja:Anime style animations, I can't think of anything other than Jellyfish's games: http://vndb.org/p287
all their games are animated, and their latest game is probably the best animated eroge ever to be made up to this point
VvqGml0.jpg

here's the link to girlcelly's downloadthread:
http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...ltra-edition-manual-[h-game]-[serial]-110005/

:ninja:there's also a different style of animation that's more similar to flash, but they're good nontheless
a few titles i can remember on top of my head are:
4560210740609mini.jpg

[暁WORKS-響-] LOVELY×CATION 初回限定版

c727033package.jpg

[ういんどみるOasis] ウィッチズガーデン 初回限定版

there are many more games that are animated similar to these above but I just can't remember them right now, lol.

:ninja:3D animation,one of the few good one i came across was
VJ006937_img_main.jpg

[evee] LOVE×EVOLUTION
story is nothing special but animations was beautiful

games from Teatime and Fulltime do these too, but never got around to play, my waitting list is long enough as it is.

Illusion is also a big maker of these....but I'm not really a fan of them. I wonder why O.o... probably because their games were mostly dating sims/sex simulation rather than novel. i did enjoy rapeplay though.

:ninja:Also, apart from schooldays there were a couple more games made, which I assumed are different extensions/fandisk of schooldays, which were Summer Days and Cross Days

sorry for getting off topic >.< , let's keep this on topic as much as possible shall we

Last edited:
Yes... just a friendly reminder from the tired staff here, please keep the posts on topic.

If you wanna talk about the visual novel for school days, go the eroge thread. :P

Because maybe some teachers are 110% on your dick.. so by the time the day is over.. You wanan rip off your hair and shoot some mofo.. so thats when MW3 and all those call of duty games come in.. add the teacher on ps3 and shoot his ass down.. GG

The anime I didnt care for at all, the game is where its at, I think I have managed to score all the good ends, and it makes the anime just like a bad dream, play the game if you want to see something good made from the story, because the anime was just meant to make you feel awful.

Yeah I am thinking about playing the game since i am such a big fan of the anime. Butttt my home computer cant play any games (its that old) and I cant install stuff on my school laptop (I tried) also I am broke.(I want the booby mousepad hehe)

So did Makoto get to bang Kotonoha's little sister? *Pedo smile*

the game could hardly be compared to the anime storywise, yet I still enjoyed it somewhat...not sure what it was. was it the fact that my beloved Makoto was exactly the same guy in the anime (save for the fact that fate was kind to him). Or was it the fact that he could bang almost everyone in it, from loli to milf. or was it the awkward situations he find him self in....and lol, I swear, these "awkward" situations could very well turn into the same ending in the anime at any given time. After watching the anime I feel so weird it turned out so well for him.

lol, it was so awkward, yet maybe it's exactly the charming part in it, just like how awkward they were in the anime. I can't remember was it Schooldays? or was it Crossdays? there were a trap route.... my eyes... my eyes...

I felt something from the "days" series, that at any given time it could turn bad, very bad, maybe it was a hidden message from the creators? and they revealed that message in the anime. It felt to me like the novel was camouflaging as a happy school romance, just like how the anime camouflaged their first 3,4 episodes.

So did Makoto get to bang Kotonoha's little sister? *Pedo smile*
scale.php
you bet he did...oh, was it in Schooldays...or the other games of the same series...urg I don't know who's in which game anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)