Go Princess PreCure 15

Interesting episode, and very good animation!

Finally started watching some anime again, after about a year.

Finished Kara no Kyoukai:
It was pretty good overall, but I felt like it lost steam later on. Especially the last one was boring, with a poor villain, and not a very strong way to end the series. All in all it has a lot of cool concepts, some good characters, and plays up the mystery angle pretty well. Good animation and music too.

If you like supernatural mystery, you should give this series a go.

Finished the first season (2005 - 2006) of Mushishi:
It is a very beautiful show. Supernatural slice of life. Kind of like Natsume Yuujinchou, but with less happy endings. It can be pretty darn melancholy lots of the time, and there are a few episodes that have a bit of fridge horror (or just horror) elements in them. That said, it is still mainly a relaxed slice of life show based on small episodic mysteries, just that the conclusions often aren't super happy.

If you like slice of life, maybe give this a shot.

Dropped Strike the Blood after episode 4:
Wow that was just sad. It was pretty much all the bad cliches rolled into one. The plot so far was beyond dismal, everybody acts in the most ridiculous way -- not at all like actual people. I was pretty much laughing through the whole fourth episode, and it wasn't supposed to be funny, and decided to drop it. Almost reaching "so bad it's good", but not quite there.

I'd recommend ignoring this one.

Watched the first season (I think there is a movie and second season now?) of K, or K project:
Some really great animation near the beginning, but that peters out a bit later on. Overall the plot is pretty shallow; nothing new to see here. A few neat ideas with medium-well execution. Characters don't really develop or anything either, so don't expect any of that. Also, please stop having characters from other countries if you won't even try to half-ass the language. The English parts were weak, and the German bits were brutal. I don't think I'll be watching the movie or second season, unless it looks really good.

Overall it was pretty mediocre. Unless you really like the high schoolers with super powers genre, I would skip it.

Started Tokyo Ravens (just episode 1):
Pretty typical high school romance with supernatural fighting, so far. I'm actually quite liking some of the character interactions so far. I have a feeling that fighting and harem aspects are going to be this show's Achilles heel for me (if the awful CG mecha thing and crappy ending of the first episode are any indication), but there is a chance that they'll choose one of the more interesting plot lines they can go with. I'm hoping, but not holding my breath. :/

The only thing I've been watching lately is One Piece. I've been playing The Witcher series most of the time lately.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

I do have this bad habit of marathoning animes, at times. This time I went through all 52 episodes of this franchise.

It's a rather clever story, overall. Each season covers a different storyline, at different times in Nanoha's life, from childhood to adulthood. The art and animation are good.

It's an interesting watch. A new season, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid, is currently showing, which deals with Nanoha's daughter.

Finally started watching some anime again, after about a year.

Hi Prye!

You probably have a bucket list of shows already on your view schedule, but you might want to check out two current shows whenever you get to them.

Plastic Memories (6 of 12 so far) - An interesting story, a "Blade Runner" theme in a clean, modern environment. Clever.
World Trigger (29 of 50 so far) - A "War of the Worlds" theme, where we adapt the aliens' (called Neighbors) technology to fight back. Some comedy, a fair bit of drama, and a lot of action. A good series.

Nice to have you back!

Sailor Moon Crystal 22 - A powerful episode! Sailor Moon stops moping around, and gets busy!

Plastic Memories 7 - Bonding episode

Punch Line 6 - Not what I expected. Lotta left turns in this series.

Finished Tokyo Ravens. Kind of thoroughly mediocre, but was just decent enough that I didn't drop it (though I did end up skipping through quite a few scenes, especially the fight scenes). All in all characters don't develop a whole lot, and there isn't anything new or special about it really, but it plays the old tropes well enough. I really wanted the protagonist to punch that blonde girl in the face though. I kept wanting him to punch her for the entire series since the first time she appeared. She was rather deserving of a punch to the face.

I wouldn't recommend it, but if you want something relatively mindless to watch for a while in the "high school but with super powers" genre, it is decent junk food.

World Trigger 30 - Ohhhh Nooooo!!!

We are reaching a crux in the battle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

ludagama wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
please reupload
☄️RELEASE☄️[240508][RJ01178632][アトリエTODO] アオハループ 底辺キモオタの僕が転生してスクールカースト第一位の美少女と青春をやり直すお話 [v1.01]
Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.
Thanks once more!

This is the last game i've been searching for.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Could you perhaps upload it too? I've spent nearly a year trying to find it.
ML1112 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi Ryzen, sorry to bother you but I was wondering, in one of you last upload RJ01032786 I noticed that only one track is present, where in DLsite there are listed 5 tracks. Is your upload correct to have just one track? Thanks in advance, and thanks for you work!
Morisoba1988 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Do you have the latest versions of these?
【VR】ハーレムな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?