FinalPyre

Old King Boredom
Elite Member
Nov 17, 2012
I've been looking for a thread like this for a while, and it doesn't seem to exist, so I figured that I might as well make one. I depend on rides to get to university, so I often end up having TONS of spares (like five hours in a day). So I trans-code anime and put it on my tablet to watch while at school. Thus I watch quite a lot of anime. I also tend to finish anime I start watching, and rarely drop them.

Basically the purpose for this thread is:

What anime are you watching recently/right now?

How is it (good/bad, genre + w/e)?

Would you recommend it to others/compare it to other anime?

Posts don't have to be super in-depth, just post what you are watching, but extra info is cool. Be sensitive with spoiler tags if you talk about anything plot-related (especially for more serious anime!!!).

Right now I'm watching the second season of Yuru Yuri. The first episode was really good, and the rest has been kinda boring I guess. I don't think I would recommend it.

Update:
Finished Yuru Yuri. Other than the first episode I would not recommend.
Also finished Medaka Box Abnormal, which I think was a bit better than the first season. Would give it a mild recommendation as a fun simple show.
Started Kokoro Connect, as of episode 4 it is quite enjoyable. I like where it is going. :)

Last edited:
Pitty there doesn't seem to be as much activity in this region eh... [MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION] ;

My latest anime was.....MIRAI NIKKI !!!!! hai hia hai...

And it was , it was awesome, if it will be my last anime I do not know, but if so, it was one he$$ of a way to go!

And yes I would highly recommend it, especially if you like a little twisted, and need some of that, with blood awesomeness and ofc the ultimate yandere xD Love the soundtrack as well. Listening to it right now.

Genre: ...Psychotic, Yandere, Awesomeness, Crazy !

It had barely shown up on my radar somewhat until a fellow AS member recommended it too me, and that was the final draw. I'm glad he did.

Reactions: FinalPyre
[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION]; I'm pretty surprised that this thread is so dead. I guess people don't actually come to an anime site to talk about anime after all. XD

Mirai Nikki was pretty enjoyable. One of the best yandere's I've yet witnessed. :) Also the angry bunny outfit.

Now I have watched to episode 15 of Kokoro Connect (watching the extra episodes). If you like anime in the drama genre, then this one is quite good, with a good bit of fun in it too.

Monster!!
The boy that the surgeon saves is the Antagonist!!!!

[MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION] ; Yeah I guess some come here for that reason...then get distracted either by spam or, other things.

Angry bunny ^^ I thought it was a angry neko btw as is seen in one of the later episodes end specials..
Where mur mur thinks he gets turned on by cats...
3c9UWpk.jpg

But maybe it rly was an angry bunny, and she just thinks he gets turned on by animals or something weird

[MENTION=40283]Yee199[/MENTION] ; I've seen that one some time ago. Quite different from other anime's.

Just the other day i finished the Library Wars (Series & Movie) and I will start to watch the Sora No Woto.

[MENTION=25661]GenKiDan[/MENTION]; It might have been a cat, but I seem to recall a pink rabbit. :P

Ohhh! I want to see the movie for that [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; I liked the anime. :)

Finished Kokoro Connect today. The final arc (Michi Random bonus episode things) were not nearly as good as the rest of the series, but were still enjoyable.

Ohhh! I want to see the movie for that [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; I liked the anime. :)

These two are far more better than the series from many reasons.

Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance

I can't wait for the 3rd Movie to get released in BD and off curse in 1080p.

/me googled Sota no Woto

Unofficial trailer...

Mai Hime and Mai Otome...hmmm you know guys the first one is better than the alternative. I was moved, specially when they began to kill their "childs" and of course their loved ones disappear ;__;

this series is just to much mixed up :lol: some character from the Mai Otome wasn't in the Mai Hime... OK Mai Otome suppose to be something new with adding 2 new character?

why only old animes get mentioned here.. I'm usually watching the ongoing ones, although last season I was still watching hyouka, nisemonogatari, and arakawa.

right now I'm watching several animes. what I could recommend is probably mondaiji-tachi ga isekai kara kuru sou desu yo? It's mostly supernatural/otherworldly-fiction battle with lots of comedy.

Sora no woto seems interesting though, from that trailer, especially.

I'm watching...uhh...*checks list* Magi, Psycho Pass, Robotics;Notes, Zetsuen no Tempest and Shin Sekai Yori (this one's my favourite).

Boku Ha Tomodachi Ga Sukunai Next- Once again plenty of laughs to be had
Tamako Market- I love how this show is in the animation style of K-ON, Dera-chan is so cute
Little Busters- I am in love, every bit as good as the game
Mawaru Penquindrum- This is one fun show, I love how it mixes many genre's together

why only old animes get mentioned here

What I'm watching maybe isn't the current season, but it isn't that old. Not like we're talking about Fist of the North Star here or something. :D
Kokoro Connect Michi Random only finished two months ago I think. Basically I have a ginormous list of anime I want to see (I would guess somewhere around 80 entries...), with lots of older anime on it, so I am slowly going through the list in no particular order :) Currently most of what I'm watching is from last year's Spring and Summer seasons. Probably start Fall soon. There is just so much I want to watch! :D

Mondaiji-tachi sounds cool, I think I will add that to my list. :P

[MENTION=3485]magicalgirlj[/MENTION]; Tamako Market is by Kyoani isn't it (same as K-ON)? I love almost all the shows Kyoani has put out in the last while (Nichijou and Hyouka were great), so I am looking forward to it!

Mawaru Penguindrum is pretty weird, but really enjoyable. Had great music and a good colour pallet.

/me is going to watch Accel World next!!

What I'm watching maybe isn't the current season, but it isn't that old. Not like we're talking about Fist of the North Star here or something. :D
Kokoro Connect Michi Random only finished two months ago I think. Basically I have a ginormous list of anime I want to see (I would guess somewhere around 80 entries...), with lots of older anime on it, so I am slowly going through the list in no particular order :) Currently most of what I'm watching is from last year's Spring and Summer seasons. Probably start Fall soon. There is just so much I want to watch! :D

Mondaiji-tachi sounds cool, I think I will add that to my list. :P

[MENTION=3485]magicalgirlj[/MENTION]; Tamako Market is by Kyoani isn't it (same as K-ON)? I love almost all the shows Kyoani has put out in the last while (Nichijou and Hyouka were great), so I am looking forward to it!

Mawaru Penguindrum is pretty weird, but really enjoyable. Had great music and a good colour pallet.

/me is going to watch Accel World next!!
Tamako Market is from Kyo Ani, it is a cute show

Witch Hunter Robin on a whim after hearing the OP i started watching from the beginning.

Just watched the latest released chapter of Little Busters... i have my doubts about Kud-ko history changes... maybe it was like that in the console ports ?

Watched up to episode 10 of Accel World so far. It is a Sci-Fi show involving fully integrated virtual reality games. Mostly a battle anime. Doesn't seem like it will be anything special plot/character-wise, but it is enjoyable to watch all the same.

I find it a bit hard to like the protagonist. :P

Not sure about the Spring season coming up in merely 2 weeks yet, I see a few I have read novel/manga of, but I can't guarantee it'll work as anime.

But for the time being, I'm watching:
Zetsuen no Tempest
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Maoyuu
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

The last one being what you can expect from SHAFT:
-Enjoyable animation (mileage varies)
-Insane story
How many anime you've seen that have a Futa as one of the cast?
-HILARITY, be it in the grim-dark manner or dafuqdidijustsee manner.

Hyouka
Very good anime :)

^^ True story. I thought it was a simple, but very enjoyable show. Loved the characters, and I think a lot of people might be able to relate with oreki's motto quite a bit. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25