Toaru Majutsu no Index II

ahegao jpg.

This was an big improvement over last week, and the story lines finally feel like that are building up to something significant. Hyoka actually showed up, but she has definitely seen better days. Her "strangled-to-death" face was really creepy. It's unclear at this point how Touma is supposed to save Hyoka. We'll just have to see what sort of confusing science knowledge Index can wring out of Mikoto to give Touma a solution regarding Hyoka, but Touma should probably focus on beating Vento up first. It turns out that Vento was coughing up blood because of Aleister's little plan, and this at least gives Vento some credibility back. Her energy balls still look weak though.

So next week Accelerator gets one more crack of Amata while Touma does whatever he has to do to stop Vento and save Hyoka. Also in the picture is Mikoto, but it feels like Mikoto was inserted into the situation just because she's Mikoto. All the strong opponents are taken, so I guess Mikoto will just blast some hapless Hound Dogs and provide info support to Index.

fuse kazakiri looked way bad. cant believe they did this to her. someone please put an end to this, and quick. but theres no more anime after that. 0.o

^ welcome season 3, haven't announced though xD.

WOW. Really WOW. Great great episode.

Vento's past came out of nowhere during her battle with Touma, about her and her little brother involved in a accident where the doctors could only choose to save either one of them. Her little brother asked for his sister to be saved, and here she was today, as Vento. I sorta disagree with Touma's thoughts, as the doctors could have saved both, the lack of blood pretty much sounded like a big excuse to me.

Accelerator is a REAL man. He shows everyone how to survive getting beaten up by Kihara for a whole of 20 minutes throughout the episode, struggling unconscoiusly(most probably) until Index's arrival. Things look pretty at Mikoto's side when Index called her, but nothing she cant handle right.

While things are looking up, with Touma putting Vento out of commission with yet another ROUNDHOUSE PUNCH.

Accelerator, on the other hand, finally 'Awakens' with his black wings and sends Kihara out into the stratosphere and become nothing. I MEANT THAT SERIOUSLY. He become nothing, evaporated.

Well only Kazakiri's problem remains unsolved, the preview showed only more characters with 2 more episodes left, notably the no. 2 level 5 esper behind accelerator. A season 3 looks good, but its all up to J.C Staff.

Lol, I can't take this episode seriously. I guess it gets a 10/10 for a comedy episode, making me laugh quite a bit.

Vento's past/reason was pretty lame. My brother was killed by a rollercoaster, damn you science!!!1 Even Acqua said Vento's motives are lame. Touma being touma again, though the fight animation is quite good. At least there is no more slow moving magic balls, consistency much JC staff? Vento is technically down before Touma punch her, which is unnecessary at that point.

Accelerator haven't learn from his lesson not to go melee? Just throw objects >_>. Well at least, Kiriha got accelerated. The worst and funniest part of the fight though was when Index walked in. Amata paid attention to Index for about a second, but then he went back to beating up Accelerator and more or less ignored Index afterwards, and Index was able to make her phone call and start her prayer without any interference. I guess we could commend Amata for his focus on that task at hand lol, but he was so focused that someone could have come in the room, take Last Order away, and repaint the entire room and Amata probably would still be kicking at Accelerator with glee. The same goes for Index, who completely ignored Amata and Accelerator after Amata started ignoring her. I loled.

Oh well, next week should probably wrap up Hyoka's issue.

Vento's reason for being a bad guy was pretty lame like others said but Accelerator's fight was awesome. Very epic final attack, too.

The episodes starts with the aftermath of Vento's attack/Hyoka's summon but then suddenly transitions into random gag comedy before leading into the Accelerator's next adventure. The first and last third of the episode were okay, but the random comedy felt a bit bizarre especially when the segment was sandwiched by two non-comical segments and that things are supposed to get "serious" from now on.

It was a little disappointing that we didn't see Hyoka meet up with Index after the battles. You'd think Index would go check on Hyoka, but she just disappeared from Amata's office which opened the door for the GROUP people to walk in and convince Accelerator to join them.

It looks like this season of Index will end with Accelerator and Awaki's campaign against the Skill-Outs. This is slightly anti-climatic given the prior storyline, but just covering up to end of Vento/Hyoka arc probably didn't have enough material to make it to 24 episodes. Wrong choice to wrap up the season with a mini arc >_>.

From the previews, it looked like Awaki and Accelerator would finish the random Skill-Outs leader and Misuzu will just show up for some comedic effect, but there was a bit more than that. The part about Ritoku was still the best part of the episode though just for the action alone. Despite being a non-esper, Ritoku happens to be more powerful than many espers due to some special suit that he is wearing, and that made the fights a bit more interesting. The action was fast paced with good animation. I didn't quite understand what Accelerator was doing with Ritoku's cellphone afterwards though.

The second part of the episode was better than I expected, although I wasn't expecting much to begin with. The plot to assassinate Misuzu came out of nowhere, and Touma managed to get in another one of his long-winded speeches, but seeing Touma punch another person out is better than having this episode end on some slapstick comedy or other random insignificant event. Misuzu was also funny as the drunk mom who molests younger boys. Again, this finale episode was better than expected, but the end to the Vento arc would still have been a much suitable finale to the season.

Looking at the season as whole, Index II was weaker than the first season. All of the arcs were tolerable, but none of them really impressed, and a number of them (the Oriana arc and the Vento arc) took too long to build up and has weird pacing. On the plus side, there were some decent fights, and it looks the overall story of Index is actually headed in a focused direction which will be subject in the later seasons. I need to depend on friends who read the light novels to fill in the details for some of the weird fight direction. Even for loyal light novel readers, they are not satisfied with how they butchered the adaption. Overall, this season is kinda meh. It's not bad, but not that good either. With Vento's attack of Academy City, it looks like the conflicts will grow in intensity and importance, and so lets hope that the third season will actually show some improvements.

weak end to a already quite weak season 2.

season 3 beckons. *orders j.c. staff to divert budget to to aru 3 instead of shana 3*

Im like 99% sure there will be a third season. Index and Railgun are really popular. No way theyd ignore the cashcow potential this series has.

Sorry but I cant agree. I love me some Misaka but the story in Index is getting way too epic to leave me hanging for much longer.

^ LOL

i cant stand index, but i am awaiting to see
touma's true and dormant powers and world war iii

i cant be bothered with misaka's abilities, saten-chan~~

Probably 1 or 2 year till season 3, Shana season 3 first (the announcement & timing of all the Shana Blu-Ray boxes really supports them gearing up for season 3 in Fall 2011).

If I had to wait for 1 or 2 years i hafta re-watch everything since i had a bad memory remember shows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you please reupload RJ155505? Thank you so much!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
[141010][ジャクシークリエイト] ドラマラクエスト (Ver 2.12) [RJ142825]
Please re-upload
Mr Gandhi wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Motto! Haramase! Honoo no Oppai Isekai Ero Mahou Gakuen!(もっと!孕ませ!炎のおっぱい異世界エロ魔法学園!)

[2019][Waffle] Hentai Elf Shimai to Majime Orc(変態エルフ姉妹と真面目オーク) [Save + uncensored]

The link is broken. Please repair
fishnets1901 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, could you please reupload Rj01133991 ?