Kou

いつか、届く、 あの空に
Oct 31, 2010
SUMMARY
Continuing from the events of the last series, both Shana and Kazumi stand at their respective locations waiting for Yuji to meet with one of them, only to discover that Yuji has disappeared, with not even the slightest evidence of his existence left behind. All is not lost however, as the letters the two of them sent to him still give hope of Yuji's continued existence. As Shana and company search for answers on Yuji's whereabouts, they soon find the truth staring back at them when Yuji reappears in front of them as the leader of Bal Masqué. Left with little choice, Shana must now confront her most unlikely adversary on the battlefield in her most difficult challenge yet.

STAFF
Original and supervision:Takahashi Yashichirou
Illustration:Itou Noizi
Director:Watanabe Takashi
Series Composition: Kobayashi Yasuko
Character Design: Ootsuka Mai
Music: Ootani Kou
Animation Production: J. C. STAFF

CAST
Shana: Kugimiya Rie
Sakai Yuuji: Hino Satoshi
Alastor: Ebara Masashi
Yoshida Kazumi: Kawasumi Ayako
Margery Daw: Nabatame Hitomi
Bel-Peol: Oohara Sayaka
Hecate: Noto Mamiko

Shakugan no Shana marks the start of my fandom towards watching anime daily, surfing blogs/sites and etc. Even though Shana isn't that really good (season 2's fillers *coughs*), it still has a soft spot for me. Looking forward to the conclusion for the 6 years series.

NANI?!?! kou created a thread?!?! :P

Anycase, the 6 years did the work for me, my 'fandom' for the show aint that high anymore, but I still wanna see the series end. Hopefully we get a decent piece of work from J.C. Staff, this show is also the first LN I seen/hear about, after all, I was only exposed to manga and original animes before this, about 6-7 years ago? Shortly after S1 concluded.

I was exposed towards gundam at at the age of 6, actively watching through the net 7 yrs ago.

That was a good start, that did a good job of giving some screen-time to almost every major character.

Good mix of expository dialogue and flashy action scenes, to bring the viewer up to speed with the plot while also being entertaining. Good mix of "moe" Shana with serious Shana.

The visuals were extremely okay. Animation is quite smooth (retro shana style animation), and character designs seem a bit more finely detailed now, which is a plus.

My only criticism is that, even with all of the references (visual and otherwise) to the end of Shana Season 2, the transition from that to this Shana Season 3 first episode does feel a bit jarring to me.

This is primarily due to how, in the anime, the last we saw of Sakai Yuji he was in a life-and-death struggle with Bal Masque, which him and Shana seemingly emerged victorious in. Now, all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason (other than the simple fact he apparently disappeared), he's leading Bal Masque.

Now I know why this is, and so light novel readers probably won't have much issue here, but I have to wonder how jarring this sudden change in Sakai Yuji's character seems to a lot of anime-only viewers.

PS: Nice hair there.

i got exposed to fuushigi/gundam wing/slam dunk/ccs when 7. didnt actively pursue until bleach entered my life, at 13.

no surprises at twists, already spoiled long long ago.

post some pics~

Lazy to save cover pic and login imagehost :p.

Nice hair x 2.

Hayami Sho and Satoshi Hino switching voices in between was kinda... weird...

And, he's back~

I don't know if it's just me but I can't stop laughing at how goofy Yuuji/Reiji Maigo looks lol...Like a long haired samurai midget with a shiny forehead or something. Can't take serious scenes seriously. ┐(´д`)┌

This season has been less exciting than 2nd season so far for me...but at least it looks like it's picking up a bit after episode 3.

Well, i thought they were making you not to take it seriously at the 1st place....

Uh second season is mostly fillers until the end (which actually is original material).

Uh second season is mostly fillers until the end (which actually is original material).

Probably why I cant remember a thing except for pheles and reiji maigo arc

The double voice for Yuji might help clear the misunderstanding of when SnH is speaking as Yuji or SnH himself. Good decision by JC Staff imo...although sometimes his voice is a bit TOO deep lol
Other than that a decent episode, shit will start getting real soon.

Well, Yu Xuan, the girl Sydonay fought, is supposed to give Sydonay a hard time in the battle because she is supposed to be his nemesis from thousands of years ago. Sydonay barely survived if not for the Shintetsu Nyoi, which is virtually indestructible.

As for Bel Peol owning Wilhelmina, the Tartaros' ability is really broken. Let's just put it that way.

To put it in a few words, the Bal Masque are among the most powerful Crimson Lords around, and very few Flame Haze can match their power.

Flashbacks, flashbacks, and more flashbacks. Perhaps I needed this to refresh some memories, as Yuji returns to Misaki City while thinking about the past from the day his life really started. Not that I really didnt like it, it was more like a essential episode to set up the meeting with Shana again, and I think J.C. Staff have the full 2 cours to do whatever they like.

Does this even need a spoiler tag? :P

Anycase, next week seems to promise much more action. Nice hair again.

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to call this a recap episode.

I mean, my rough estimate is that at least half the episode was new content. For me, this is simply an episode that makes liberal use out of flashbacks in order to help set a mood, and tie the broader narrative altogether. Personally, I didn't have a big problem with Yuji's trip down memory lane. It makes some sense for him to do that upon his return home.

That being said, I can understand how more casual fans of this series would be losing patience by now. Unless you're really, really attached to these characters, the pacing must seem abysmally slow. And Shana practicing with her flame punch made a good substitute for actual fighting action scenes in the first two episodes, but it's now starting to get old.

Shakugan no Shana is a sentimental favorite of mine, though, with a titular character that has an excellent character design when in action, with some of the best anime fight scenes of its time (imo), with a good suspenseful overarching plot, and with a very likable cast of characters. So a relaxed short trip down memory lane was honestly enjoyable for me, bringing back pleasant memories of why I became a fan of this series in the first place.

A good episode, truly. A nice mix of action, pain, and a most welcome end to the annoying love triangle that's been dogging us for so many years now.

Yuji has officially taken the step from above average to total badass. Handling three Flame Haze and come out of it without so much as a scratch - even if Shana wasn't fighting with full strength, she'll have to to kick it up a few notches if she even wants to stand a chance in a serious fight.

That aside, I have to sympathize with Yuji's resolve. While indeed having to do things that would bring pain to those close to him, it's all for the sake of his ultimate goal, one that certainly won't come without a lot of sacrifice on his part. You've gotta respect him for that.

Save a mere ranking, I'll just say this episode certainly lived up to expectation I had for it. My congrats to JC for not screwing this one up. Please keep it going.

Last week was really the episode 1 of the series I was looking forward too. J.C. Staff outdid themselves for the first time in like since I cant remember, the fight scene was nice, abeit too much hair-slapping from a certain someone.

Yuji's level-up from mystes to some denizen level to now an overlord level has been mad, the Shana-Wilhelmina-Margery combi failed to even put a scratch on him. The scream in between was pretty long, Hitomi Nabatame must have some power vocals for that extended time.

Shana gets kidnapped into Bal Masque~ Woo. Looking at all the denizens plotting their battles while they prepare for an all out war, Alastor accompanies Yuji (willingly or not) to see what they are up to after being invited by Sairei no Hebi. I find Shana's confinement quite unnecessary, Yuji could have removed the chains that were sealing her powers. I doubt she would go crazy and attack Bal Masque, chances are she will still quiet though.

Shana now fears Yuji despite his disbelief, and her existence are wiped out from Chigusa's memories. Wilhelmina's gag of the week was really cold... "where's my bag" -> "on your back" .....

So did Shana get rapped already? (haven't watched latest episode yet)

Last edited:
Oh Yuji, you naughty little boy >:3

View Post
The episode starts with Shana thinking that Yuji's trying to grab her nonexistent breasts. Fortunately, it was a dream. The reality is much worse. It was on the slow side, with some rather questionable editing near the end but it had good atmosphere, nice BGM, and that gag about Wilhelmina's fashion sense was funny.

I liked the flashback about loli(er) Shana, and that Council of Evil was fairly well done, instead of that stupid party of freaks which I could never take seriously. And the episode wins the "This will inspire perverted fanfiction" award for that bed scene, even if Yuji wasn't meaning to do THAT. But still, the way it looks. >.>

I also thought Hecate was funny. She seemed to show more personality as a while and that face after asking what everyone was laughing about was priceless. Subtly dissing Sydonay was funny as well. Also what the hell is Dantalion doing with Domino. Oh, I don't want to know.

Another info-dump episode as I expected, as I recall novel 17 was lacking on the action but patience is a virtue, we'll get our war soon enough. With that said...

Sorry if this sounds silly, but Rebecca Reed is how Ogata Matake would look like, if Matake was a Flame Haze. She is cheerful, outgoing and dares to defy the rules to help a needy friend. Plus, two gag scenes of sprinker are funny, indeed. Still, she is a rough lady for throwing Satou around. I sure like Rebecca, don't you?

One interesting point about this episode is that they reveal what happened right after Shana defeated Merihim in Tendōkyū. It provides a chance for Shana to reflect on her love of Yuji. So, the ultimate unrestricted spell is love? Wow, does that mean we mere humans already have the ability to utilize at least one unrestricted spell? Okay, joking aside, it was a useful information for Shana, as she needs it to get close to Yuji and convince him.

It is refreshing to see Wilhelmina flashing a rare smile, in the face of adversity. After all, she once proclaimed that she will never be happy. Still, the assistance of Rebecca should brighten her chance. Anyway, I am still wondering how Wilhelmina will be able to mount a rescue operation in Seireiden which is laden with tons of tomogaras. It sounds impossible, but I guess we have to wait for next few episodes to know more about Wilhelmina's strategy.

They just had to use THAT for the cliffhanger, didn't they? HUR DUR.

III - 7

J.C. STAFF! WERE YOU ALL SAVING UP FOR THAT DRESS?!?!

I have been watched 7
I just want to say:gothic loli shana is moeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Another solid episode! 9/10. I was pulled in throughout the whole episode. I like Shana in her new dress with her hair up like that. I fell in love with her again.

The Yuji-Shana moments this episode were great. You can feel the sparks flying between the two of them.

This is the last of the build-up episodes. During these episodes some of the old characters got some character development and we were introduced to some new characters as well. This will make the coming battles more interesting.

The Hecate moments this episode were nice. I like how she tried to kill Shana because the flame haze is the only threat to their plan. She didn't even care about the opinion of her master. Everything for her goal. After being find out by her master she goes all dere though. Brutal but cute at the same time. Yuji managed to change her mind with his logical reasoning though. Both Yuji and Sairai no Hebi need Shana alive at the moment.

Yuji's speech in the end was great. The big war is finally about to start. I can't wait for all the battles to come!

They made the God's Gate a Mandlebrot set lolololol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

27292936 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload RJ01095149?
Thanks in advance.
yagonazumi wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload this with the bonus version? The creator has updated the bonus of about 200MB.
[RJ296520]
All links are dead. sadge
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Please upload this urgently
CUSTOM OREDER MAID 3D2&2.5 GP-03
MaidObtainer wrote on Lebedev's profile.
If you happen to have Tsuyokiss Full Edition, could you upload them to katfile or rosefile?
Tsuyokiss Full Edition thread I would download from the mexashare links in this thread but a majority of them are dead