Requesting: Aid of someone who can read Japanese.

LonerPrime

EroGamer Extraordinaire~
Elite Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hello AS Community,
I am trying to run this particular game called プリンセスラバー! / Princess Lover! but the game just starts up with a black screen, pops 2 messages in native Japanese and then shuts down. Would appreciate if someone call tell me what these 2 errors are saying:

1bfec61adf.png

fda9ad3f66.png

I am currently seeding the game and my OS is Windows 10 x64. Sometimes older games have issues with those two things happening, not sure if either is the case here. Also compatibility mode doesn't change anything. Appreciate the help in advance.

Kind Regards,
LonerPrime

1: Cannot create the required save folder. Please reinstall.

2: The Application cannot initialize. Please reinstall.

Thank you [MENTION=21095]pingtoryan[/MENTION]; Weird... the game I downloaded isn't a setup type at all. It is a copy of the installation. I can't install something which already came as an installation dump... The mystery became more complicated...

I see you tried compatibility mode, but did you try running the game as Administrator? Usually when applications fail to create folder or files it's because of a protected folder and Admin mode tends to fix it.

Thank you for your input [MENTION=118176]kzel[/MENTION]; But it turns out the problem was at the uploader's end. As I mentioned earlier he/she uploaded an installation copy of the game instead of a setup and a share like that carries a higher risk of going bad somewhere and it happened here as well. The game creates a folder named "SaveData" to put all the saves in. Sadly during the whole torrenting transition that folder became a blank system file. After searching around it turns out I just had to delete that odd file and create a new folder in its place with the same name to get past that issue, but now there is a new error T_T.

Apologies for summoning you again Mr [MENTION=21095]pingtoryan[/MENTION]; but could you have a look at this error and tell me what it says now >_<!
225060715e.png

And what exactly is this error saying?
5fe28a14bf.png

Man this VN is being a pain in the ass just to get it off the ground!

Regards,
LP

The first one、list's index went beyond range..and the other one is a reading violation in the exe.

Alright, I am officially stumped. I can't figure out how to fix this error so I am gonna issue a website wide SOS for help if anyone is able. If anyone has played this forsaken game or is familiar with its errors, please let me know how to fix it.

Thank You,
LP

Use a proper iso file and install it like normal.

Also install directx9

Use a proper iso file and install it like normal.

Also install directx9

Thank you for the suggestions [MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION];

Honestly I prefer the iso method myself. Lot of issues are avoided that way. Sadly the torrent uploaded by [MENTION=29832]New Dragon[/MENTION]; is nothing but a copy paste. It worked for most people I guess but it seems I am one of the unlucky minority.

I installed 95mb Directx9 and it did install some missing files but sadly the game still gives me the same errors.

I guess the issue is mostly about the whole double click and play nature of the installation. The only thing left is to find another image based upload somewhere. Sigh. This is gonna suck as most direct download sites are banned in my country and grabbing 4gb through proxy is gonna be nothing short of miracle. GG me.

Alright, time for a major update. I managed to fix the issue and the got the game running albeit somewhat weird. On Checkmate's suggestion I went fishing for a setup based installation of the game and installed that. Sadly I ended up facing the same errors. This effectively confirmed that whatever the issues were it was somewhere specifically with my system and the game not playing nice with each other. I read somewhere else that the game throws tantrums if codecs are missing so I installed K-Lite Codec Pack. Again same errors which got me pissed and I started mashing random buttons and suddenly after throwing another error the game started running.

Stunned I started snooping around fiddling with different buttons and this is the conclusion I came up with. The game is a moody cat. It works when it wants to work otherwise it won't. I know it isn't much of an explanation but right now I am not exactly sure what is the deal with this game. The fact it runs on my 64bit Win 10 OS confirms that this isn't a compatibility issue but why run sometimes and why not run other? Unless someone can shed some expert light on this I am just gonna have to jump start this thing to play for I have no other choice.

Some VN Game support Windows 7 and 8.1 only.

As I mentioned in my last post, it is running on Windows 10 though randomly. I don't think it is strictly a compatibility issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on biohrd's profile.
To y'all, he's been gone for a while now. Like, for years. When he'll be back? Who knows.

I'm just here to tell you, save your breath.
gaoda1347 wrote on Shine's profile.
the 「Clear Girlー無色透明彼女ー」 has a fix patch was uploaded. could you reupload it plz?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threa...ftware-clear-girlー無色透明彼女ー-rj01093304.1489533/
AoToHime wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello there. Can you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199671.html/

Thanks in advance!
[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?