.Rar Extraction Fail...Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tofoo12

Anime/Manga Search Team
Aug 23, 2011
Hai Hai

I`ve been downloading for quite a while of the threads and most of the files i'm getting are .Rar. I have a good extractor but most of the extraction or failing, prompting the message the the file is refusing to unpack.

does anybody wanna help clear up this misconception or mess that is driving me crazy ???

I would like to see a typed description or a picture please.

Just on a hunch though, the .rar files were packed wrong or the internet screwed up the file strings.

Yup, I'm agree with what Will said.
Chances are that somewhere during the transfer/DLing, it got interrupted.

BTW, what zip software are you using? I use 7zip.

Just on a hunch though, the .rar files were packed wrong
That pretty much never happens - and is the reason for the verify function anyway.

or the internet screwed up the file strings.
This happens more often, usually when the user has bad internet and the download fails. In that case using a tool like JDownloader (or IDM, if you have premium accounts) helps greatly.

Hey! I'll second with Alexsdu. I use 7zip and don't have any problems, (0000000000.01% of chance for screw up) not to brag about it or anything. But 7zip pretty much kicks all the other extractors butts.

Thanks for the reply everyone

ill go with what alexsdu is suggesting, and try using 7zip if it doesnt work youll be hearing from me again :)

thanks again

Happy .rar extracting. If it doesn't work, shoot it before you curse at it, that way it can't hear ya'.

Like Coro said, :
This happens more often, usually when the user has bad internet and the download fails.

and suggest u try another extractor like 7zip or use the latest winRAR.

i use both winRAR and 7zip too ;)

maybe u can try this latest winRAR : WinRAR 4.00

regards,

I agree with corocoro, unfinished downloads can lead to such problems, i had my share of these problems until i started using softwares like jdownlaoder and fdm to download. And don't forget to use the latest extraction tools (wirar 4.00 and 7zip 9.20)

Problem solved!! Switching over to 7ziP was really all I needed
Arigato everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.