Anyone know how to extract xp3 files into working mp3?

Murakumo

百合旅人
Elite Member
Jan 1, 2013
Trying to get BGM files from AlcotHoneycomb's Kurenai no tsuki, but the extracted mp3 files are unplayable

Did you try converting them into something else (say, wav) or you can't even convert them?

Export into some other, playable, format (again, wav, or ogg) , then convert them back to mp3 if you really need it?

Did you try converting them into something else (say, wav) or you can't even convert them?

Export into some other, playable, format (again, wav, or ogg) , then convert them back to mp3 if you really need it?
I used some program called garbro and attempted to convert to playable format, but error showed up when I tried that. only allows to extract, but not convert (also tried converting using online converters, didnt work)

I used some program called garbro and attempted to convert to playable format, but error showed up when I tried that. only allows to extract, but not convert (also tried converting using online converters, didnt work)

What extension are the original files in? Can you extract as ogg? Can you play ogg in any player you have? Make sure to tick the extract audio as common format box.

If you need a converter, foobar2000 music player can handle basic conversion but you'll need to find LAME for mp3 conversion. You should be able to convert to wav and flac without anything extra.

What extension are the original files in? Can you extract as ogg? Can you play ogg in any player you have? Make sure to tick the extract audio as common format box.

If you need a converter, foobar2000 music player can handle basic conversion but you'll need to find LAME for mp3 conversion. You should be able to convert to wav and flac without anything extra.
Not sure what extension means but the raw unextracted original file name is "data.xp3.sig"
also when extracted using the garbro program, it seems to come out as ogg files, but there are also copies of this files in that came out formatted as 'ogg.sli', which don't seem playable. Also it seems impossible to play the ogg files themselves, i just get errors, no matter which player I use

Not sure what extension means but the raw unextracted original file name is "data.xp3.sig"
also when extracted using the garbro program, it seems to come out as ogg files, but there are also copies of this files in that came out formatted as 'ogg.sli', which don't seem playable. Also it seems impossible to play the ogg files themselves, i just get errors, no matter which player I use

Extract from the plain xp3 and not xp3.sig? Did you pick the correct encryption scheme? Can you convert those ogg files to something else? Try wav, most basic of all sound format.

The ogg.sli file is the control file of the corresponding tracks for where the loop is supposed to happen, measured in samples when you open them in notepad. You can input those numbers in an audio editor and it will give you the exact interval you need for that loop, which you can then export and play on Repeat 1. It is only directly used by the kirikiri2's Loop Tuner tool. In short, you don't need to concern yourself with the ogg.sli files unless you are into looping bgm.

Trying to get BGM files from AlcotHoneycomb's Kurenai no tsuki, but the extracted mp3 files are unplayable
do you still need help?

Yes, I am still unable to extract
Screenshot-2024-01-27-205616delete.png
Screenshot-2024-01-27-205705delete2.png

This one right? https://vndb.org/v2031

In Garbro when double clicking on the archive.xp3 files, Garbro will pop up an "Archive parameters" window that says "Archive content could be encrypted. Choose appropriate encryption scheme."
In that window click on the box to bring up a drop down menu with lots of choices. Select "Kurenai no Tsuki".
Extracting audio as .ogg should work after that.

It is not really a good idea to convert lossy audio, like Vobis into another lossy codec, like mp3, because it will degrade the audio quality. The included Vorbis audio in Kurenai no Tsuki is already stereo 128kbps @ 44.1kHz that was encoded using a really old libVorbis library. If you are having problems playing back Vorbis audio, try installing a codec pack like k-lite or using media playback software that embeds its own decoding library like vlc media player for ffplay. Technically, you could do vorbis->flac to avoid losing quality but that just bloats the size for no reason. The original files are the best quality you are ever going to have.

Knowing all the downsides, if you still want to transcode vorbis audio to mp3, here is a guide: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/HighQualityAudio

So to transcode bgm01.ogg to mp3 on Windows, you could open a command prompt, navigate to the appropriate directory, and then type something like:
Code:
ffmpeg -i bgm01.ogg -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 320k bgm01.ogg.mp3
For FLAC, it would be:
Code:
ffmpeg -i bgm01.ogg -c:a flac bgm01.ogg.flac
To encode every file in a directory from .ogg to .mp3, you could write something like:
Code:
for /f "delims==" %i in ('dir /b *.ogg') do ffmpeg -i %i -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 320k %~ni.mp3
ffmpeg can be downloaded from: https://ffmpeg.org/download.html
Make sure it is in %path% or otherwise invoke it directly, like:
Code:
C:\Users\User\Downloads\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i bgm01.ogg -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 320k bgm01.ogg.mp3

In Garbro when double clicking on the archive.xp3 files, Garbro will pop up an "Archive parameters" window that says "Archive content could be encrypted. Choose appropriate encryption scheme."
In that window click on the box to bring up a drop down menu with lots of choices. Select "Kurenai no Tsuki".

It is not really a good idea to convert lossy audio, like Vobis into another lossy codec, like mp3, because it will degrade the audio quality. The included Vorbis audio in Kurenai no Tsuki is already stereo 128kbps @ 44.1kHz that was encoded using a really old libVorbis library. If you are having problems playing back Vorbis audio, try installing a codec pack like k-lite or using media playback software that embeds its own decoding library like vlc media player for ffplay. Technically, you could do vorbis->flac to avoid losing quality but that just bloats the size for no reason. The original files are the best quality you are ever going to have.

Knowing all the downsides, if you still want to transcode vorbis audio to mp3, here is a guide: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/HighQualityAudio

So to transcode bgm01.ogg to mp3 on Windows, you could open a command prompt, navigate to the appropriate directory, and then type something like:
Code:
For FLAC, it would be:
Code:
To encode every file in a directory from .ogg to .mp3, you could write something like:
Code:
for /f "delims==" %i in ('dir /b *.ogg') do ffmpeg -i %i -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 320k %~ni.mp3
Code:
C:\Users\User\Downloads\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i bgm01.ogg -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 320k bgm01.ogg.mp3
It works at last. thank you for the detailed and easy to understand explanation!

Code:
For FLAC, it would be:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Thanks, I will try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25