Otome or BL which is better

I love both the fandom :) As girl or boy, my mission is to hear a guy doing sweet talks to me xD

@Sakimichi-san
I agree with you, BL fandom is more active than otome. As for Otomehearts, I would like it have new server. Why don't you open a donations at OH? I'm sure there's people will help ^w^

I'm a fandom for both too. It all depends on my mood...especially when I've been playing a series of terrible otome games. That's why I started buying both otome and BL games.

I love both the fandom :) As girl or boy, my mission is to hear a guy doing sweet talks to me xD

@Sakimichi-san
I agree with you, BL fandom is more active than otome. As for Otomehearts, I would like it have new server. Why don't you open a donations at OH? I'm sure there's people will help ^w^

Well I like both of the genre, I think depends on your preferences. Sometimes when I was bored with Otome, I'll play BL and some BL have a good story line

Glad to know there's more of me here............ >/////< *hugsallofyou*

In short, otome.

A lot of the time, BL relationships are presented like "normal" heteronormative relationships anyway, just with both people being guys. One guy is so feminised, I wonder why they bother with the gay angle to begin with. Both works often invoke the same/similar tropes- particularly the prevalence of rape culture. It's like the creators can't be bothered learning or can't empathise with how a "normal" guy/guy relationship works, so they feminise one guy a lot to make things easier, or create the uke just so that the female readers can insert themselves in the uke's POV better. Doujinshi and more... "amateur" fan fiction are particularly bad with this, warping their chosen character's out of shape and then into an uke to facilitate the plot and chosen pairing. An uke is rarely any different or better than the protagonists you see in otome games and shoujo manga, to be honest.

I also find it hard to believe that everyone in a mafia is gay, everyone in a high school is gay, everyone in an idol group is gay, every guy in Shingeki no Kyojin doujinshi are secretly or not-so-secretly gay, etc. There's rarely any prominent or meaningful female characters. It's one thing to make a game homosocial, but another to make everyone the protagonist meet "turn gay/bi" or just happen to be all gay. Even so, it's fiction and I'm all for everyone safely enjoying their fantasies, so it's not like it really matters.

At least, these are my observations from the BL works I've been exposed to.

I'm not a gay man, so perhaps I'm speaking out of turn... but I have quite a few homosexual friends, and while that won't substitute first-hand experience, I can confidently say that many BL works (and yuri, for that matter, though yuri aimed for older girls tends to be more realistic) don't accurately depict a "real/normal" MxM relationship. BL perpetuates some truly dumb stereotypes about homosexual men and their relationships, though mainstream media is only a bit better in some instances.

There's a lot of interesting points of discussion in a topic like this, but my post has already gotten pretty long, so for now, I'll leave it here.

TL;DR: I hardly see the difference between the two other than the genders of those involved, but I prefer otome since it caters much more to my personal tastes.

I'm into both fandom although I have yet to reach out for the BL games (stayed with manga/anime/drama CDs)
I don't personally think there are too much differences between the two as they are all just about love
Sometimes it really just depends on my mood on which one I go for:nyanmusu_uhh:

Well, as for BL games I love 神学校-NOLI ME TANGERE- the most. If all BL games have a high quality like this I will definitely choose BL. Hah. The story's completion, graphics and sound effects are all important aspects for rating a game, and I have found lots of OTOME games satisfied my demands. 断罪のマリア-the complete version- is one of my favorites. Though it has no much love scenes at first, its delicate description about heroine's heart and unique CG style will leave a deep impression in you life. Anyway, both sides are interesting that I cannot choose one 233.

If I say this, many of you will hate me...But I really don't like BL or Yaoi, It's not like I hate them Just I don't like see that ..... I'm so sorry to say this but I must honest with myself.

If I say this, many of you will hate me...But I really don't like BL or Yaoi, It's not like I hate them Just I don't like see that ..... I'm so sorry to say this but I must honest with myself.

It's fine it's fine, some have different references. You are similar to me as well, i can stand a lil bit of BL but a whole bunch........:nekopara_scared:

Well that just your and mine anyway but dont let that ruin your fun :nekopara_cheer:

Hello! I'm a newbie here..
by the way, I choose otome. I have experience some BL Drama CD but I never buy or download such. I still want to be a sane otome. ;)

I play mostly otome games, but I came to like some BL games as well for the great story and MC with an interesting personality ~♡

I'm not into BL but I have nothing against it. Never tried it out though. I'm just... shy, I guess ? since about every BL is R18 ^^'
By the way, is the protagonist voiced in BL ? Are the plots good ? I'm curious about the quality compared to otoges...

Otome for me !! :D

I'm in both fandom, although what I play mostly on PC are BL games :)
Time when play non R-18 Otome game usually morning/afternoon and sometimes Otome[R-18]/BL at night... :gakuran_blush:

Reactions: fguelffstan
I'm in both~
*screams like mad*
Imma gonna go nuts~
I dun't really mind as long as my character can seduce anyone in the games~
XDDD
>////>
ahem, truth to be told, I dun't mind any~
:333
hope the stories not too fluffy~
I love seducing those who are hard-to-get~
^.~)/

Reactions: fguelffstan
love both! the only thing i care is the story. if the story is good, everything is fine

It's a lot of us who likes both I see.

Well, to be blunt, I'm in otome side. :puniko_thumbsup:

But, actually I don't mind with BL....... as long as it still in the safety area..haha. :korokke_fwiends:
I think shounen ai which telling story like a budding friendship that grew too deep (and gave too much affection and couldn't live separately and told that they need each other and blah blah) is kinda cute and sweet. I found that more of story from these genre is actually showing earnest, dedication, and sincere. I actually able to adore this story.:gokiko_uwoh:

Actually I once tried to play Akaya Ayakashi...but I didn't finish it because I couldn't stand the creepy atmosfer in the game.... :gokiko_dead:

I like both BL and Otome. They have their own charm point for me. ^^
I don't view myself as a male when I played BL.
I would always assume that I'm just accompanying the protagonist in Bl game.
But in the end, I would always fall for the protagonist instead of the characters available for the game. -__-;
I feel like a mother who refuse to let go her son for marriage. Haha... O__O;

For otome, there would usually be one guy that I would hate. I don't know why.
Depends one the story and character development, I would fall in love with the game.

There's no way to choose one.It has bishies in it.Both!:lmao:

I like both actually, which is hard for me to choose a side.
All of them have their own unique traits so its very hard to differentiate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.