New Otome game titles are on PSVITA. How do you feel about this?

Takuyo and Honeybee's Starry sky also did the same to their games.
Indeed it is very disappointing for not backwards compatible but this is how Sony operates.
I always hate they way their obsession of making things more inconvenient to their customers.
Looking forward to play KGK but since translation was announced, I'll just wait a bit longer.
Processing nihonggo is a headache.

Similarly I dunno why we are getting Ozmafia on VITA. It confuses me to no end because the original was on PC, there is really NO reason whatsoever for this game to be ported to Vita. O_o
True, though, it is how Sony does stuff. I remember when PSPGo first hit the market and caused an uproar because that one wasn't working with PSP Media Discs either. *Sigh* the world we live in disappoints me sometimes.

Like most of us here, I'm resisting the move to Vita...but some of the new games are definitely tempting. I just wish they'd actually make use of Vita features because the PSP was pretty awesome at what it could do.

I'm definitely not buying Vita versions of PSP games. But my favorite otome game company has started making new games for the Vita, so maybe it's a good time to switch.
I make my own money for my hobbies, so it's just...the money...sigh...
:nyanmusu_despair:

But I guess that's what I get for swearing my allegiance to a specific company...

It doesn't bother me much, but I already own a PSVita so there's that. The one thing I really dislike about the Vita are the memory cards, because they're sooo expensive and if I want to buy digital releases I need to have a big memory card which just chalks up another like 50 - 100 bucks (depending on size of the card) to the actual Vita itself, which is incredibly annoying! I know that's how Sony has always been but couldn't they have, I don't know, taken a leaf out of Nintendo's book and just used microSD cards? But unsurprisingly Sony wants to make money (pretty sure they're losing the handheld console arms race against Nintendo LOL) and if people buy the Vita, they're gonna buy those memory cards too.... sobs goodbye all my money...

I also hate the lack of backwards capability. Like, my PSP is still kicking after all these years so it's no problem, I can still play on PSP, but :( it would have been nice to be able to play it on my Vita sighs. It looks like most otome game companies are really pushing for the Vita though. So many new releases will be either new games on Vita or ports to Vita, for example the Sta*Sky games and Ken ga Kimi for V from rejet. Even the newest Karin Ent game Oyayubihime will be on Vita, and Karin Ent is a pretty well known for releasing a lot of their games on PC (and then later porting and reporting lol).

I'm sure there will be plenty of companies who do the whole Vita then port it to PC, I mean Karin Ent is pretty well known for that. There will inevitably still be otome game companies that release for PC (and not just R18 ones lol) but they'll probably be less so than before.

If I recall the Vita is doing pretty bad in the States, but does decent enough in Japan? I know that Sony wants to make the Vita more of a "PS4 accessory" instead of pushing big titles on it, so I know that'll deter a lot of people who don't buy VNs. As for me, the number of otoge on Vita convinced me to buy one. There are a ton of really, really great Vita games that are out / up-and-coming so I'm pretty excited to be totally honest lol

But I can definitely understand why somebody would dislike it. It's definitely not cheap. The Vita handheld is super expensive ON TOP of memory cards and games. Ahh yes, how I wish I were rich lmao...

pretty much the time to take out my psv and remove the dust covered on it...
i have exactly one game from PSV only (Freedom Wars)

thought i dont really see the need to release otome games in psv, i supposed there will be more fun in playing otome games with the touch screen (like the touch screen from nintendo's ds)

If this keeps up, I'll feel bad for my wallet because of the number of games I plan to buy when I finally get a Vita.
... But that would take long and right now I'm stuck with playing PC and mobile games.

Hello everyone :ikazuchi:

I've just finished reading an article on Vita. Perhaps you might find it interesting too: Is Sony declaring defeat on handheld? ;)

I really hope that their death will come soon.
In my opinion Sony ruined their own chances with endless greed. The reason I never bought a console was that they'd always push out new ones every few years and thus rendering your existing game collection useless. They could have provided down-wards compatibility. But no, they were f***ing greedy and decided to release the same game (including maybe a 5 minutes extra ending) for the new console another time.Even doing so, they could have chosen to provide a trade-in of old versions (with maybe an additional 5 bucks to pay) for the new version to support their existing and console upgrade-supporting customer base. But they use neither option. Instead few years in, we still get "new" PSV versions of old games served and are expected to buy them like the happy-go-lucky fools they take us for.

In my opinion that is like they are sticking out their middle finger towards customers and taunting them. They purposefully region-locked stuff, so that you couldn't even play foreign games (no matter if they were ever even going to release that game in your area!) and manufactured their consoles to use unique batteries/SD cards etc, going even more for the ultimate rip-off.

A company that behaves that way will not see a cent of my money. So instead, if there was no PC game available, I went for pirated emulations and bought merchandise like artbooks, drama CDs and stuff to reward the Non-Sony staff like artists and voice actors. I think I'm not the only one who had and has those reasons and acts accordingly. If Sony shows me their middle finger, I'll show them mine. If they ever which I don't believe they will learn from their mistakes, I'll consider buying their games and consoles. But until then they can choke on their greed.(-_-)

A company that behaves that way will not see a cent of my money. So instead, if there was no PC game available, I went for pirated emulations and bought merchandise like artbooks, drama CDs and stuff to reward the Non-Sony staff like artists and voice actors. I think I'm not the only one who had and has those reasons and acts accordingly. If Sony shows me their middle finger, I'll show them mine. If they ever which I don't believe they will learn from their mistakes, I'll consider buying their games and consoles. But until then they can choke on their greed.(-_-)

Wow, such a strong opinion :puniko_thumbsup:
I'm glad that people like you exist, because if we all just complain but comply, then nothing will change for better.
Thank you for speaking out :)

Reactions: Aki2
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet but has anyone considered the Playstation TV? I thought the PS Vita was super expensive...it's about $200 here in the US for me even though it's been out for more than 5 years. I just bought a Playstation TV bundle on eBay for $60 which is a steal compared to getting a Vita. Not only is it cheaper, but it plays Vita games, PSP games and Playstation 1/2 games all on the big screen! The Vita resolution fixes itself too so the games look gorgeous when I play them. I got Code: Realize, Norn9 and Persona 4 Golden and they all play great on the TV.

There are a couple problems of course. The Playstation TV only plays games that are *compatible* (North America list) with it, so you'll have to check the live list I linked for the touch screen heavy games but all the Persona games play on it and so do all the visual novels available on the Vita. The touch screen controls are a bit wonky too but the TV does account for a way to "touch" the screen. Also, if you don't get the bundle you have to buy either a PS3 or PS4 controller as well as a Vita memory card to go with it. The memory cards especially are a rip off >.> But the way to combat this (at least for Vita games) is to buy the game cartridges so the only space used is the memory space. If you want to download PSP and Playstation 1/2 games though, I suggest getting a bigger memory card or being economical with your space.

As a purchaser of the Playstation TV, I think it's a much better substitute to getting a full Vita console. Not to mention, it does a lot more and the games we like to play belong on a big screen.

Link to Amazon Playstation TV in case anyone wants more information and a reference on price. This goes to the USA Amazon. Hope this helps others who really want to play the Vita visual novel games!

Last edited:
Reactions: peachesncream
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet but has anyone considered the Playstation TV?

Unfortunately the region-locking problems remain. I won't buy a 2nd device of one and the same technology simply because some greedy black suits can't control their delusions. Plus, I like PC so much because you can play on your device of choice. Can I play PC games with my PC monitor? Yes. Can I play PC games on a laptop or tablet? Yes. Can I play PC games on my TV screen or even on the whole wall using a projector along with my PC? Hell, yes! It has this Pokemon-kind-of-feeling to it...gotta get them all!!!1! :korokke_uwooo:

Well, it's more about options rather than the fact that I, personally, really want to play on all those devices. Steam offers some aspects of that. But then you also only get a "using license", again robbing you of the possibility to sell games you've tired of like in the good old times. Markets should be about choice, not about force. Sony essentially put their focus on the force aspect, much like Apple for example. Get one of their products and you'll be forced to buy a heap of other stuff from them in order to keep your gear usable and/or add features. The more a company pressures me, the less I want to buy from them. :megane_fufufu:

PS: While I was browsing some shopping sites like Rakuten and Amazon I came across the Vita console and read some reviews. On top of all the negative aspects I've mentioned so far, it seems like the console itself is a pile of MTM (made-to-malfunction) crap. There have been a lot of customers who ended up with a broken console (either software not working properly and/or hardware components not working after a time span ranging from just a few days to a year.For the amount of money they are charging for a console, one would expect to have a console that actually lasts (even if you cannot buy new games after a while anymore). But so far from what I've read, it sometimes couldn't even handle the sweat you have on your hands during summer. Those who tried to claim guarantee were denied because the damage caused by fluids is not covered...Dududummm... Any fleeting desire I had to indulge myself in buying a Vita just got trampled...again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't have a PS Vita, so I can only play games on PC. I'm glad I could play Amnesia, it's a great game. Also I played Hakuouki because my sister owned a Nintendo 3DS ... I really want to play Code: Realize and Norn 9 >.< I have Code: Realize artbook and I can say the art is awesome :) It's a pity I won't be able to play the game *crying*

I bought the ps vita shortly after it got released so I don't have a problem with that. Actually the only reason I bought a ps vita was because I wanted to play psp games but the new ps vita back then was pretty nice considering it was possible to play psp games on it if you bought them on the network store. Also I think that one good thing came a long with the ps vita recently and that is more VN in English. (Tbh the best thing is when those games are on sale and you get games for less than 30€/////).
Well I hope that the vita will survive for a long time now because I don't want to buy a new thing after just (2 years) having bought a 2DS for those stupid jrpgs.

I'm a bit disappointed, BUT! I've been seeing more and more PSVita otoge come out on PC lately which makes me super happy! I know as soon as I save up for the system they'll discontinue making games for it like they did when I got my PSP T^T (just my luck...)
I hope the PC port trend continues~!! I love love looove having my otome collection on Steam XD

Me three plus in my country the console is pretty expensive and i wish someone can give me Norn9 series ;;w;;

Sad :miku_cry:

The console is still available yet expensive. I save money for other things since gaming is not the first priority in my life...
PS. I like new consoles than pre-owned ones, bad habit of mine :wasclose:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

geesew wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please upload this full version?
FrDs1996 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
I've seen you posted some otogi frontier video. If you play the game ; is it possible to ask for character scene ? Thanks in advance.
bloodvlad wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi sir, reupload pls
RJ376004 and RJ393848
remanen wrote on viniamin's profile.
hi, do you think it would be possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]
remanen wrote on Esan's profile.
hello, do you think its possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]