[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Almost done guys, mod has 2 methods of injecting the textures, Direct or Overlay, mod now supports textures(DDS,TGA,PNG) for both face and body, tested up to 8192 x 8192px.

Direct: just dumps the texture file right into the shader ignores SkinColor,Tattoo,Mole,SkinTexture.
Overlay: overlays the texture based on the ALPHA channel and upscales the default compiled texture then combines it for a final texture.

basic upscaled skintexture with no real work other than sharpen.

All my hype, the only thing I'm even semi ok with is photo editing. This is going to kill a lot of my time ;)

Good news! I'm making new 4k faces now. Is texture color changed in direct mode? Can normal map and specular map also be injected?
yes and yes, only overlay keeps the compiled stuff, for normap,spec just need to input the name for the file.

All my hype, the only thing I'm even semi ok with is photo editing. This is going to kill a lot of my time ;)

long as you are having fun!

Whoa, wait... It doesn't even cause the hair to clip through the body?

It did that in SBPR when I had tried

well.. some clipping occurs, but it's just a matter of using a different camera angle... look at the pics

Attachments

• 20160924231144905.jpg
    20160924231144905.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 547
  • 20160924231228558.jpg
    20160924231228558.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 20160924231250619.jpg
    20160924231250619.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 317
Oh wow, just what I've always wanted for HS! :atago: I figure it can make them smaller/shorter too? btw, ny none modifier mod, you mean Alexae's right? Or is it something else?

something else, actually, this one

Honey Select Additional Bone Modifier (v0.5.0 update 09/22)

you'll also need this one because they work together

Honey Select Wide Slider (slider limit change v0.5.1 update 09/22)

after installing those, next time you open a character on create a character or in studio a new file will be created on your userdata/chara/female (or male) folder named CharaF_(some random numbers here).png.bonemod where you can edit the size of the bones freely, smaller or bigger. to edit hairs you need to put those lines separated:

-1,cf_J_hairBC_s,False,1,1,1,1
-1,cf_J_hairBL_s,False,1,1,1,1
-1,cf_J_hairBR_s,False,1,1,1,1

you should edit the value "false" to "true" in order to make the value work, HairBC will be "center" (usually back hair) and BL/BR, left and right sides. the numbers "1" are coordinates x,y,z with the last one being size, change it into small values like 0.9, 0.8 or 1.1, 1.2, it makes a noticeable difference. after seeing what exactly each number does, feel free to input any number there.

as an example, for the ponytail i'm using:
-1,cf_J_hairBC_s,True,1.2,2,1.2,0.9 <- actually only line really making the ponytail longer, the values below affected other hair i was using..
-1,cf_J_hairBL_s,True,1.1,2.7,1,1
-1,cf_J_hairBR_s,True,1.1,2.7,1,1

How to correct the color in direct mode, using curve or level scale?
That needs to be done before hand when editing the texture. Remember the game takes an almost greyscale body texture than applies color n tattoo suntan then joins them into one texture. So if you are doing direct you would need to do the same but by hand. Unless you do overlay which requires some playing around.

Hello, I'm new here. I tried to add new ggmod shoes to HS with SB3UGS. But only the 1st selected shoes show in game. eg. There are 4 mod shoes. Mod A works when i put it on character at first time, but Mod B/C/D not work. Then i restart game. And Mod C works at first time but Mod A/B/D not work. I'm really confused. Thanks for any suggestions!

Edit: NVM, I figured it out by learning posts and fixed it.

Last edited:
That needs to be done before hand when editing the texture. Remember the game takes an almost greyscale body texture than applies color n tattoo suntan then joins them into one texture. So if you are doing direct you would need to do the same but by hand. Unless you do overlay which requires some playing around.

I want to use 4K skin from PC, and retain its quality as much as possible. But compressing the gray level then saving in 8bit may have great impact on texture quality. I'm not sure if 16bit png is helpful, only if all shaders are working in 32bit.

is there a way to save dds without it getting all 'blocky' in the game?

Dont let Sb3UGS flip. Always work with the Texture editor and always let FlipY unchecked (which means you get flipped textures when exporting and you have to provide flipped textures when replacing/adding).

@polopo:
Wrong thread! You should try the game discussion thread.

@alexae
Can you inject this image as skin texture in direct mode, and extract it in game. I want to find an accurate way to correct color.
PjVYzc0.png

Attachments

• PjVYzc0.png
    PjVYzc0.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 265
@alexae
Can you inject this image as skin texture in direct mode, and extract it in game. I want to find an accurate way to correct color.
PjVYzc0.png

Ill put a debug option in for you, it will take your textures n blend it with all the customization then give you the final result. Only problem is that option is limited to 1024x1024.
edit:
i updated it to include those options.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out a way to make the 'Omakase' animations not change automatically? Like maybe swapping the animation files for the 'Omakase' animations with non-Omakase animations?

tattoos are looking good but will give me a major headache because i'll have to re-do all my tats from scratch, i don't have any 4096 backups anymore. oh fuck.

Attachments

• HoneyStudio_64 2016-09-25 16-13-34-58.jpg
    HoneyStudio_64 2016-09-25 16-13-34-58.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 316

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ignaus wrote on UFO's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Is it possible to update these?
まものす to v24.04.03
Zookeeper Mission! 2 (JP ver) to v23.12.08
Rann wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, please upload love n life lucky teacher V 2.0.0 :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2445340/Love_n_Life_Lucky_Teacher/
eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.