Is Thundercats 2011 anime ?!?

LoganEra

Elite Member
Mar 6, 2013
Like the title says,is Thundercats sorted out as anime?!If so i'll make a request because i can't find the complete series in hd :beglife: I want your opinions about that.

I have never imagine the thundercats He-Man Shira all of these are not anime. More like cartoon with more detail.

Sorry guys i had to change my ISP so i wasnt around.I agree with Will98 even if its not listed on anime indexes because producers of the show is partly japan and even just that makes it anime which needs to be uploaded on site in 720p :D
I have never imagine the thundercats He-Man Shira all of these are not anime. More like cartoon with more detail.
I agree with he-man,she-ra,captain planet and ninja turtles etc. are obviously not anime due to their origins but new thundercats may be!

I agree with he-man,she-ra,captain planet and ninja turtles etc. are obviously not anime due to their origins but new thundercats may be!

Actually, how it goes is that those anime you listed are considered anime in Japan. Over there, anything that is animated is labeled as anime. (anime = animation). So a cartoon like Tom and Jerry, is an anime. (Which is awesomely ranked as #85 in the top 100 anime of all time)

Anime is Anime!!! the Cartoons is Catroons for children..

Anime and cartoons are the exact same thing. One is just the western saying and the other is the eastern(somewhat). Some are aimed at children, other at adults and etc. I wouldn't call cartoons such as Simpsons or American Dad for children.

Anime and cartoons are the exact same thing. One is just the western saying and the other is the eastern(somewhat). Some are aimed at children, other at adults and etc. I wouldn't call cartoons such as Simpsons or American Dad for children.

I am sorry but i can't acept them with the name Anime this Simpsosn American Dad or whatever...

It's my opinion don't take it the wrong way.

I have always liked the Japanese style and design anime.

"Anime" is not a term defined in the west. The original meaning included all forms of animation, but outside of East Asia it has become to refer to a specific art style and/or animated pieces produced in East Asia.
Since the term is not defined, the borders of it inevitably ended up being fuzzy. To avoid discussing each and every case falling in that border, we're using AniDB and (to a minor extent) MAL as references.

Neither lists Thundercats (no matter the season) as anime and as such we're not going to count it as one either.

Exceptions can be granted if a strong relation to anime can be shown (e.g. Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters), but no effort has been made to do this, so the decision about not allowing it stands.

I am sorry but i can't acept them with the name Anime this Simpsosn American Dad or whatever...

It's my opinion don't take it the wrong way.

I have always liked the Japanese style and design anime.

The world is flat. This is my opinion.
Well, you can believe and think what you want. No harm done. ^_^

Globally we call "anime" for the animated movies oriented of Japan.That makes any animation made in Japan "anime".But i never heard anyone calling Disney movies "anime" or "ninja scroll" animation.Meanings of anime and animation may be the same but western animated movies or series whatever it is are usually called "animation" when eastern in this case Japan made animated projects are called "anime".That's not very complex.In some cases there are co productions like the one in this thread "Thundercats".
Actually, how it goes is that those anime you listed are considered anime in Japan. Over there, anything that is animated is labeled as anime. (anime = animation). So a cartoon like Tom and Jerry, is an anime. (Which is awesomely ranked as #85 in the top 100 anime of all time)
If that was how you say then we'd call anything anime or anything animation then why is all this difference and classification.If Tom & Jerry 's shown on Japan televison then they can call it anime but that doesn't make it anime for any of us.For ex there was an exclusive anime opening for 1994 X-Men "animation" for the Japan viewers but the rest of the show was same as in America.So that's not anime either.For conclusion western productions are called "animation" eastern productions are called "anime".If we need to call all of them same we should say "animated movie".
Anime is Anime!!! the Cartoons is Catroons for children..
I don't agree cartoons are for children only.In this case cartoons are in the same class with animations.That makes we'r talking about the same thing that anime and cartoon is different.;)But cartoons like Simpsons and Family Guy are obviously NOT for children besides if you refer to Saturday morning shows for "for children" you may be right but i still love watching any of them and i'm sure there are many more out there.I wish they were all out on bluray:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Etumax prime Royal honey is an instant source of energy to enhance male vitality. Etumax Pure honey fortified with a selected mixture of rainforest herbs (Tongkat Ali and Ginseng) is Nutritious honey enriched with vital biomolecules in, Bee larvae Nowadays, most people suffer from stressful lifestyles with overexertion, and many face emotional conflicts.

ETUMAX PRIME
eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
Kallenarmaya wrote on Stetmann's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!
Kallenarmaya wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!