Fixed Images are broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an example, all images are broken for many users. I am surprised no one report it and kept on uploading broken images.

Upvote 0
Thank you. One of our admin whose location was in Singapore reported the same problem to us. Though, we had no concrete conclusion.

With your report. It seems this is either the ISP problem or one of the CDN servers. We will investigate the issue.

In the mean time. Can you purge the local cache and try to hard-refresh (Shift F5, or Ctrl-F5 depending on the browser) the page?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did it, same result. It seems this is effecting the US traffic too, if it is CDN server issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. I've actually purged all the content server(s) before asking you to do so. If this is not resolved, I'd need to collect the samples and report it to our CDN Network providers. This might take more time and efforts

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This issue is affecting the gallery, clubs or any images hosted from there. But if it is a CDN issue then your avatar should be distorted, but it is not. I think this is more related to a corrupted data or a harddrive issue or something.

What Image Processing Library are you using? I would really recommend ImageMagick 6

Upvote 0
The avatars are hosted on a different system than the images (both are on the same server, though). In addition, the error only seems to affect some files and not all thirty thousand or so we have on ignis.anime-sharing.com.
The internal checks on said server also make sure it can't be a HDD or data corruption problem - and if they didn't, the fact that I can see the image you gave as an example without errors would clinch it.
I'll upload a couple images later to see if it's an issue with specific formats being misinterpreted or if the error is more general in nature.

By the way, what browser are you using and does switching browsers have any effect on the images displayed?

Upvote 0
It is the same issue for Chrome and Firefox. If i keep refreshing the images which all are broken, you will get this message

Upvote 0
May be the issue has to do with the watermark it puts on all images? it messes the images because it is not working properly. I use Firefox but the issue showed up on both Chrome and Firefox.

After a couple of refreshes and the image still broken, this message appear "cannot display image because it contain errors" this is for all images - old and new uploaded ones.

Yap seems to me if you use this script, it is the issue, disable the watermark addon and see if this issue is resolved.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263804&highlight=watermark

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tokina.

The watermark is hard-embed on the image at the time of their upload. Our image hosting solution has nothing to do with vbulletin's crappy one (and we don't use it)

In our last diagnostic, the issues actually result from partially load images. For some reason, your connection, your browser, or the ISP connection, or our CDN servers never transmit the image fully. In fact, what it get is only a first few KB of the image and it reported as fully loaded, or the connection was cut-off unexpectedly.

The problem seems to happen to a very few people, and we cannot reproduce it at anywhere of our ends.

Can you restart your modem (get another IP) and try again? Also try to download the said image using a download manager, such as Internet Download Manager or alike, try to see if you can fully download the image down.

Upvote 0
tPvRK.png

Because the problem is not server-based and you somehow missed us repeating that over and over.

The issue is somewhere between the server and your PC - the problem is to find out at which step of the way things get broken.

Upvote 0
It is not my PC nor my connection. That i am sure of it. Because all other images from other hosts works fine.

I just tested a proxy site http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/ to view this thread http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-ovas-36/english-amy-yobanaide-7866/ the image does load but after a long time. It seems this is a server related issue with CDN issue or the location were you are serving images does not reach American traffic and other locations.

Ask other members in the US to confirm this and see if it will yield the same result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please ping ignis.anime-sharing.com by typing this is your command prompt (cmd)

ping ignis.anime-sharing.com

Please give us the IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) so we can identify which server are giving the problem. Please note that you must do this in your PC. Different PC connect to different server, usually to the lowest load and fastest server pertain to the visitor's geographic location.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here you go.

bmqf4FTh.jpg

The issue is not cloudflare, may be check your server ips and your DNS settings and the ip that serves the images.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tokina

We have repeated this multiple time: only you are having this problem. No one else, not anyone in our staff or other random members that we know (who's in 3 part of the states) had this problem.

Edit: it seems we are connected to the same server but only you have this problem.

Upvote 0
It is ok, if you want other members to see broken images that is fine. I was only trying to help. I don't think i can give any more details or info about this issue.

Btw few month back your images use to work fine until it went all broken even the new one. so it is something on your server not my pc and sure not my connection. But that is ok =)

Upvote 0
If it were anything before the CDN, the problem would affect everyone on that node. It doesn't. It seems to be pretty much only you.
I don't know why you keep bringing up things that can't be the source of the problem, but I also don't know why you think this is a huge problem affecting whole countries as opposed to only you, or why you think being passive aggressive would solve your issues. Anyway, it's time to escalate this to CF and see if they can pinpoint what causes the data stream to break.

Upvote 0
Tokina,

We are going to need a trace route to ignis.anime-sharing.com to make a case with our CDN provider.

Can you type in the cmd: tracert ignis.anime-sharing.com

Please either screenshot or copy/paste us the result here.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
[MENTION=35306]Tokina[/MENTION]; If you're worried about your IP being shown, please send the data to Checkmate via PM.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, without the traceroute, we won't be able to report the problem.

Upvote 0
Ok, I guess we will close this thread for the time being. Any member who has the same problem, we will need the following info:

1. Screenshot of the problem
2. A traceroute to ignis.anime-sharing.com

Admin note:

This is not a bug, and it seems to be network related within a small region.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

zhandie wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry, could you re-upload this ?
[201030][Lose] 【DLsite限定特典付き】まいてつ 全部入り [v2.2 JPN/CHN]

The Mexashare links for parts 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12 are dead.
The Rosafile link seems to be online, but for I can't download it.
Additionally, I can't download the file from KatFile or Rapidgator either.
jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?
fpqm127 wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120909-ジュピター-絶対監獄.1204055/

Can you please reupload this file katefile or mexashare or rosefile?

Thanks.
TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games