Question Website is broken unless using a VPN or disabling Avast Anti-virus.

Haiyami

Trusted Member
Elite Member
Oct 22, 2011
So the website is broken unless I use a VPN. Without a VPN I can't reply to threads, I can't create posts, nor can I probably edit my profile such as signature or avatar. Images end up broken, and web links, etc don't work. When I turn on a VPN the website works. I don't know why using a VPN works even if I set the VPN to the same country I am living in but just located in a different area, strangely the VPN makes it work. I don't know if my ISP is blocking traffic or just making it difficult. I'm not sure if turning on ad-blockers is a problem either. All I know is that without a VPN the site becomes broken and when I use a VPN the site works fine. This has been a weird issue ever since the website had an overhaul on how it looks. It seems like without a VPN a lot of the javascript functions become broken. I'm not sure if it's an Xfinity/Comcast ISP thing or what. But just letting you now the site is broken.

Update: After tinkering for a while it seems that If i disable all shields on my avast anti-virus, anime-sharing.com actually works properly. However with my anti-virus program enabled the website breaks. I have no clue why. Even adding an exception won't fix the problem. I'm not sure which feature to disable but avast anti-virus breaks anime-sharing.com. The only issue i notice compared to using a VPN is that even if I disable the anti-virus, images still remain broken, such as avatars. The issue isn't apparent if I use a VPN. Is there a solution to get anime-sharing.com on a whitelist for avast or the like. I'm not sure what to do to get the site to work without having to do work arounds.

Last edited:
It might be off-topic but using Avast these days is just waste of computer resources. Not only it's not good at detecting viruses, it's also slowing your PC and has pretty shady history about selling user data. If you're on Windows, Defender + Malwarebytes is enough. Bitdefender is also okay. I obviously don't want to force you to do something you don't want to but Avast is just really, really bad and useless and there is no reason for you to use it anymore.
I know you said that it's Avast thing but still the easiest way to make sure is to just check anime-sharing on your phone. If it works then it's definitely Avast.

Reactions: nobis_c
Upvote 1
So the website is broken unless I use a VPN. Without a VPN I can't reply to threads, I can't create posts, nor can I probably edit my profile such as signature or avatar. Images end up broken, and web links, etc don't work. When I turn on a VPN the website works. I don't know why using a VPN works even if I set the VPN to the same country I am living in but just located in a different area, strangely the VPN makes it work. I don't know if my ISP is blocking traffic or just making it difficult. I'm not sure if turning on ad-blockers is a problem either. All I know is that without a VPN the site becomes broken and when I use a VPN the site works fine. This has been a weird issue ever since the website had an overhaul on how it looks. It seems like without a VPN a lot of the javascript functions become broken. I'm not sure if it's an Xfinity/Comcast ISP thing or what. But just letting you now the site is broken.

Update: After tinkering for a while it seems that If i disable all shields on my avast anti-virus, anime-sharing.com actually works properly. However with my anti-virus program enabled the website breaks. I have no clue why. Even adding an exception won't fix the problem. I'm not sure which feature to disable but avast anti-virus breaks anime-sharing.com. The only issue i notice compared to using a VPN is that even if I disable the anti-virus, images still remain broken, such as avatars. The issue isn't apparent if I use a VPN. Is there a solution to get anime-sharing.com on a whitelist for avast or the like. I'm not sure what to do to get the site to work without having to do work arounds.
Your AV most likely blocked our CDN domain.

Reactions: nobis_c
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25