[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

Today's patch, i cannot uplaod on mega right now, so torrent.

Code:
https://my.mixtape.moe/sroyxm.torrent

Thank you Thank you, once again you pulled it out of the bag and delivered Christmas, for all the horny boys and girls of anime-sharing.

That means we can play the battle arena without Illusion ID ?

I'm pretty sure that you will be able to play Battle Arena without an Illusion ID.

At one point, I speculated that it could be a "PvP only" game, and that you would need to connect to their servers to play against other users. Since the game was only available as a purchase bonus, I feared that it was another experiment from Illusion, similar to their Android mini-game for Secrosphere.
But later on, you pointed me to their latest blog post, where they explained that the "battles" are meant to be played against your computer.

Now that we know that, I believe it's pretty safe to assume that the game won't even require to connect to the Internet to be played. I can't see Illusion forcing their players to authenticate to be able to play a offline game : they're good guys who've never been using DRM or any other anti-piracy measures and I can't imagine them changing their mind on this point.
Such a move would put unnecessary strain on their servers and piss off all of their customers that can't reliably connect to Internet. Even in Japan, there's a lot of people who can't stay connected 24/7, especially amongst students and young adults who only own cheap laptops and rely on their smartphones to access the Internet... and those groups are exactly Illusion's main target audience.

That looks like battle card maker...maybe one can make cards but not use it themselves without an ID to use the Battle Arena proper...

...or is that card maker in the Battle Arena itself and not a separate application?

I'm sorry, I was too busy to give updates and translate them during the last couple months. Otherwise, I would have mentioned their planned schedule : one week prior to the game release, they announced all the updates to come, and explained that only the character maker would be released at first.

The "Battle Mode", as they call it, will ship in an upcoming update, at an undisclosed date. It was originally planned for the last third of May, but it may not be available until June 2nd (along a Studio NEO update adding new exclusive animations).

That's mean this addon did not added anything to the main game.

Yes. It was known since a good while. The Battle Arena add new stuff to the Studio NEO poser (battle animations and particle effects, especially) but doesn't add much to the main game.

But since the character maker is part of the main game, you'll still have to create your characters using Honey Select, before "converting" your character cards into "Battle Cards" using the Battle Arena application.

So, all the clothes and customisation options coming with "Battle Arena" will be available in the main game. It's going to be a mess : you'll need to install that big 3+ GB mini-game if you want to get access to all the warrior-themed outfits or use the weapons and animations in the Studio.
I honestly don't know if I'll be able to fit such amount of content in the upcoming MF/EMF patches. I may need to make a separate one as an optional download, and/or break the Battle Arena content into different patches.

Today's patch, i cannot uplaod on mega right now, so torrent.

Code:
https://my.mixtape.moe/sroyxm.torrent

You rock.

`-`) well i couldn't found how sex in battle arena, nor where actually use "made" cards - company, since you can build like party e.t.c.

I'm pretty sure that you will be able to play Battle Arena without an Illusion ID.

At one point, I speculated that it could be a "PvP only" game, and that you would need to connect to their servers to play against other users. Since the game was only available as a purchase bonus, I feared that it was another experiment from Illusion, similar to their Android mini-game for Secrosphere.
But later on, you pointed me to their latest blog post, where they explained that the "battles" are meant to be played against your computer.

Now that we know that, I believe it's pretty safe to assume that the game won't even require to connect to the Internet to be played. I can't see Illusion forcing their players to authenticate to be able to play a offline game : they're good guys who've never been using DRM or any other anti-piracy measures and I can't imagine them changing their mind on this point.
Such a move would put unnecessary strain on their servers and piss off all of their customers that can't reliably connect to Internet. Even in Japan, there's a lot of people who can't stay connected 24/7, especially amongst students and young adults who only own cheap laptops and rely on their smartphones to access the Internet... and those groups are exactly Illusion's main target audience.

I'm afraid about that page on site where you have to connect with ID to access the battle arena part of the site.
But I think you right, lot of eroge are not so well protected and online games need lot of ajustements and everything, too much pain for Illusion, in my opinion.

`-`) well i couldn't found how sex in battle arena, nor where actually use "made" cards - company, since you can build like party e.t.c.
On Illusion site you can download characters like before and troops, I don't know how much chara you can add to one troop but I'm so hyped right now !
Thank you again for the torrent, I finish the download and test it :)

I don't know how much chara you can add to one troop
z10ZDIF.png

z10ZDIF.png

Wow 20+ chara on one troop !
And a system of points so you can't have full team of rank S, that's great, I hope the game is well-balanced but we'll see that next week.

Why I have a so slow connection, I can't wait to setup all my characters and troops !

Anyone that has installed the pre-battle arena patch that has gotten any issues with loading
their characters within the main game character editor? Like they ain't appearing in the list. :/

Oh boy, that torrent from Velka is barren. Not a single peer. I don't know how I'm gonna get this update downloaded.

Anyone that has installed the pre-battle arena patch that has gotten any issues with loading
their characters within the main game character editor? Like they ain't appearing in the list. :/

Mine's working just fine...the small patch is so minor I dunno what could have gone wrong...then again, I haven't modded Party, at all.

Oh boy, that torrent from Velka is barren. Not a single peer. I don't know how I'm gonna get this update downloaded.

Enable DHT...they come from there. The other tracker no longer exists.

Reactions: chimara38
Mine's working just fine...the small patch is so minor I dunno what could have gone wrong...then again, I haven't modded Party, at all.
I just figured that I made a big... no huuuuge blunder, which resulted in that the main game got reset to the point before Party was installed. I suspect that that has something to
do with it, since the party cards doesn't work for HS studio, they should in theory not work for the original HS main game either.

I shouldn't install things when I'm tired and overheating... ick.

The Battle Arena...can't use jury-rigged weapons in it...0/10.

The animations are worth it if you are a studio freak though...it's the only place where the bows could be nocked and the spellbook be opened...

Anyone know why battle arena is grayed out for me in the launcher?

EDIT: I had not installed the battle arena patch.. Now it works. So.. How the hell do I play this? I do not understand japanese xD

Last edited:
Does the Battle Arena dlc break anything?

It does break the 4k diffuse mod at this time, if you're using that, other than that it shouldn't really
break anything from what I've noticed.

I totally agree, I downloaded it rather quickly and that with rather slow net speed.

Anyone know why battle arena is grayed out for me in the launcher?
EDIT: I had not installed the battle arena patch.. Now it works. So.. How the hell do I play this? I do not understand japanese xD

For the time being you can pretty much just set up your battle cards and units. The actual arena is yet not implemented.
So there isn't a lot to 'play' just yet.

It does break the 4k diffuse mod at this time, if you're using that, other than that it shouldn't really
break anything from what I've noticed.

Thanks. Now I have to wait for someone to translate the battle arena haha

Ok I tried the battle arena creation and it's quite a mess when you can't read japanese.

So to help a bit people lost like me here a really quick menu guide; so you have a front panel with 4 choices:

-Up is for for character creation, download and upload your characters (that never works in previous games so we'll pass)
Here you can choice a character from the main game and setup stats, animations, skills, sub-skills, voice ( male voice too ! I'm so happy :3), music theme (even custom music !?) and plenty of things I don't understand.

-Left is for easy creation
The game give you random stats, skills, etc... and you stick with it.

-Down, you can setup you troops, download and upload troops
Troops have a limited amount of points, rank B character cost few points, rank S cost a lot, etc... So I guess you have to balance your team.

-Right, you can create and setup animations
I didn't look a lot but you can add visual and sound effect to match the animation.

At the time the battle system is not out and that's good, we have tons and tons of things to do only for setup our characters.
To be honest, I can't do that much without translation so I'll wait until the translation come out :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ignaus wrote on UFO's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Is it possible to update these?
まものす to v24.04.03
Zookeeper Mission! 2 (JP ver) to v23.12.08
Rann wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, please upload love n live lucky teacher V 2.0.0 :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2445340/Love_n_Life_Lucky_Teacher/
eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.