[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

I hope that the "new" studio doesn't end up screwing too many mods, and I hope that it comes with
some neat features. Guess I can't really hope for a IK/FK system to show up, but that would be really neat as well.

The first thing modders should do is to check the Unity version of the pack's files. For VRK-demo Illusion used 5.4.2 and those files are not compatible with 5.3.5 (HS). And since there was no need to check all versions in-between I implemented Sb3UGS to handle all versions below 5.4.2 like 5.3.5 without knowing in which version the changes really happened! If Illusion continued to use 5.3.5 then all is fine, but I might have to adapt version handling if they used another version.

Can anyone tell me how that inverted face mask of the red haired girl in the back is called?

A new DLC from illusion? That means they are earning a profit from HS. That's a good news.

But I don't really expect anything huge from illusion. I hope there are something that alters the game mechanics, but that's asking too much from illusion.
Chara synthesis seems something interesting; I hope it is not something like averaging the slider values lol.
Having a new studio is good. I know we have plugins that fixes most of the problem from the studio, but the problems are always better to be fixed officially.

Let's wait and see.

This new expansion pack is a nice surprise. It was totally unexpected from Illusion at this point, with VR Kanojo so close to being released.

It's really good news : it means that Honey Select and its additional "Personality Pack" were successful enough to push them into producing an even bigger expansion (note that HS was 2016 best-selling adult software on Amazon.jp). Combined with the upcoming release of VRK (that is build on the same codebase than HS), their current and projected cash flows must be looking pretty solid.

As long as they can afford a decent treasury, Illusion will be able to follow the trend they initiated during 2015 and keep on slowing down the pace of their release schedule. This gives them more time to actually polish their games, more time to support and extend them without having to rush to the next issue. Having a title like Honey Select still being worked on, more than 5 months after its initial release, is a welcome sight from this point of view.

On top of it, the more money they have in bank, the bigger the risks they can take. A lot of innovations come from trial-and-error, and if you can't afford to fail, you can't experiment. Nowadays, Illusion can attempt big open-world projects like SBPR, they can test new themes and features or have a try into smartphone minigames (Secrossphere), and they can have those games ending up in big bad flops without being too badly hurt. They will simply keep the best innovations they made (eg. SBPR customisation features) and move forward : the fact that they're currently trying to push the envelope with a VR game is quite the testimony to this point.

But note that, once again, Illusion's strategy is clever : while simultaneously venturing into VR development, which is quite ballsy, they play it safe on this other front with an expansion pack for their latest best-seller. Furthermore, they build them on the same feature set to minimise the development costs. It may be a fluke caused by a shortage of programmers (they may be too busy on VRK or another upcoming project), but it's a fine move from a risk-management point-of-view.

And it's nice for the non-VR gamers out there : this expansion pack will prevent Illusion from alienating all of those who won't be able to play VR Kanojo. It would have been pretty bad to let a huge chunk of their fanbase without any new content for months, and I hope that they'll keep on working on VR and non-VR titles simultaneously : having their VR experiences taking the release slot of a "flat" game is the best way to create a rift in the player base, since there's still a lot of people out there thinking that investing in VR is "wasting time and resources into gimmicky bullshit".

their next game should just be an Idol Studio game, where you take pics of them posing and h scenes. They only thing that's really keeping honey select alive is the studio (and mods). So if they build a game center around studio (instead of an after thought) they could have a long running game.

About the new DLC:

calm.jpg

Attachments

• calm.jpg
    calm.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 87
Interesting perspectives Dr Yoshi!

Thanks GIL★ギル and Aastaroth for your replies!
In the back of the scene on the left side the girl's face is white framed. So you can see her face but it is surrounded by some cloth, still her hair is above this cloth. Or is she wearing a balaclava and a wig?

Question and sorry if this was answer before but do I need still need the '12/26 : Additionnal Data + Studio Ver.6 (hotfix)' on the first post or just the MF patch? And in the event that there is a new update or DLC where do I download them?
Thank you in advance

Can someone please tell me how do I find the new DLC character? Thanks :).

Dude, why didn't you check the OP ? This is the first thing you should read when getting information about a release.

The DLC simply is in the very first post of this very same thread. Grab a torrent for the Expansion Pack, as well as the latest update (or the MF/EMF Patch) and you're set.

Question and sorry if this was answer before but do I need still need the '12/26 : Additionnal Data + Studio Ver.6 (hotfix)' on the first post or just the MF patch? And in the event that there is a new update or DLC where do I download them?

The MF and EMF Patches already include the latest update. If you use the patch, you don't need to download nor install any update. You can check the first post of the MF + EMF Patch thread to see a list of all the included content.

As I just mentionned to 1Rai, if you're looking for the first Expansion Pack / DLC (the "Active / Lively" additionnal personality), it's in the very first post of this very same thread.

Now if you're looking for the second DLC, it barely was announced, and we don't even know the release date yet. I talk about its content later on this post, so keep reading if you want some insight. Else, come back and check this thread next Friday around 10AM JST (Japan Time is UTC+0900) : as soon as new information emerges, they'll be posted and discussed here.

In the back of the scene on the left side the girl's face is white framed. So you can see her face but it is surrounded by some cloth, still her hair is above this cloth. Or is she wearing a balaclava and a wig?

Judging from her gauntlets, that girl is wearing some damn weird sexy medieval knight outfit, so my bet would also be on some head guard. Something akin to boxing headgear, but made out of metal (hence the shine).

I honestly doubt that this is a real-world item... More probably, this is what happens when heroic-fantasy meets uninspired 3D modelers : they invent things like topless metal balaclava.

About the new DLC: [Keep Calm and Remain Cautiously Optimistic]

All in all, the good news to me is not about the content that they'll include, but the fact that they're still announcing content for a game that is now 5 months old : habitually, they stop supporting games three months after its release. It's also really rare for Illusion to release two expansion packs in a row : so far, only games like AG3 and AA2 received such treatment. In the meantime we had 6 updates with a Studio app, new maps (the classroom), new clothing sets and accessories (nun, miko, goth-loli, Santa...) and there probably going to be a couple more coming with the next DLC. It's great to see them take their time and actually capitalise on their success instead of always rushing things.

Now, as Aastaroth underlined a few pages ago, we shouldn't expect anything groundbreaking coming out of the this ExPack. There's nothing to be hyped about, but what they've preannounced is still very welcome :

• The new hairstyles, clothes and accessories are probably going to be updated models taken from old games, with a bit of recolouring and retexturing. Even if there's already plenty of mods available to further customise our girls, having some additional variety is nice (especially for hair).

• The "chara-synthesis" or "chara-composition" feature may be a new tool to save and reuse presets for face, skin or body customisations : take the body proportions from this girl, the face from that one, the breast from this other one and boom, composite character. As far as I'm concerned, this would be really useful : the less sliders I have to tweak, the happier I am.
    And if this feature turns out to be even better than this and allows for fine customisation of the models (like creating new face types), or comes with a overhauled UI, I would be even happier. Let's keep an eye on this and our expectations low as long as we don't have further information.

• The new personalities are new personalities : the more, the merrier. I hope they'll introduce some more mature types because cheeky bitches with high-pitched voices can be tiresome in the long run.

• The new "multiple" and "extreme maniac" positions are surely retargeted animations coming straight out of the Play Club Append Disk. And, ho man, would I love that. But what I'm curious about is their impact on the girls feelings : I hope it will work nicely with their personalities and traits (eg. having a tsundere be the "auxillary" girl in a threesome would make her mad, using "extreme" positions would radically influence the session outcome, etc).

• The new Studio... is some kind of a hit-or-miss thing. I'm not really familiar with those, but from what I recall, PPD Studio Pro is still the best posing app they ever released. I'm sure a lot of you would jizz their pants if they could have some kind of "HoneyStudio Pro". And would be really pissed off if it's simply a slight update of their current and somewhat wonky software.
    Personally, I really hope that they'll step up their game and make something actually engaging for the "average" player : spending hours toying with clunky controls simply to grab a few screenshots requires a lot of passion and dedication (that most players don't have).

So, there's nothing much to be impressed, but still a lot of nice additions. They'll probably throw in a couple new maps for good measure, slap a 8,800 円 pricetag on it and put that on the shelves right before Spring break.
Now, do you remember the "new shader" that came with the PC Expack ? I hope they'll do that again. VR Kanojo includes the Alloy PBR plugin for Unity and uses 4K textures with subsurface scattering, so it would be really nice of them to update Honey Select to use it and have 4K texture support out of the box.

their next game should just be an Idol Studio game, where you take pics of them posing and h scenes. They only thing that's really keeping honey select alive is the studio (and mods). So if they build a game center around studio (instead of an after thought) they could have a long running game.

I would love to see Illusion experimenting on this kind of concept : it would tremendously help broaden the audience of their Studio apps.

As I stated above, my main grief with the posers are their "high effort / low reward" nature. You have to spend a big amount of time to pose your characters, select animations and states in clunky nested menus, fight with broken IK rigs and their crappy gizmos, install truckloads of often conflicting mods to fix things that should work from the get-go... simply in order to get a few screenshots at the end ? (Seriously ?)

If Illusion had to make a game where the goal is to pose characters for pictures, it would certainly push them to refine their whole approach : it would force them to make the posing process actually engaging and enjoyable for the "average player".
They would need to nail a proper implementation of the basics : an IK rig with enforced constraints, that actually uses roll joints to prevent deformations, and can be piloted from a slick UI. Once they have this feature set, a "posing idol" game could be built on top of it without too much hassle. And be actually enjoyable for players.

This is something that is truly lacking in their current system, and as long as they don't fix it, their Studio apps won't pick the interest of the mass : most of us are playing games for fun and we really can't be bothered having to fight our way through poorly-designed user-experiences (kudos to the Studio masters out there actually going through all this shit to create scenes, by the way).

Thank you for explaining everything, what I mean't for the DLC was if there are new ones that came out where would I find them but since you pointed out the first one was on the first post( which is my mistake for not noticing it) I know where to find them now.

Hm, a knight guarding the princess who directs the couple in front with her arms. Even the clothes the girl in front on the left side wears look fantasy-like, and traditional clothes dont hurt this scene either. Another perspective, and a promising one. Thanks Dr Yoshi ;-)

I'm really hyped to know how the new studio will be.
Right now every problem in the studio can be fixed with mods except that "shitty" UI they took from SBPR, I hope for a better one at least.
I think they did great with Play Club studio, even better than PPD, so if they do something like that and if we can port previous mods easily, I would be really happy.

hi all

when i load the game this comes up on my screen, even though I am in VR mode and i can see it through the Oculus Rift, however in the H scene everything is blank on my monitor as it should be but in the process of selecting the girl and the girl comes up she shows up on my monitor and on the oculus rift, anyway to stop it coming up on my monitor.

2imb32v.jpg

Hi, I recently got a very weird bug. All skin appears like this.

c624cd2c9b.png

Everything was fine until I downloaded an outfit mod. It was the Nier Automata 2B outfit mod. Can someone please help me? Sorry if this isn't the right place for it. I'm still new here.

And it's nice for the non-VR gamers out there : this expansion pack will prevent Illusion from alienating all of those who won't be able to play VR Kanojo. It would have been pretty bad to let a huge chunk of their fanbase without any new content for months, and I hope that they'll keep on working on VR and non-VR titles simultaneously : having their VR experiences taking the release slot of a "flat" game is the best way to create a rift in the player base, since there's still a lot of people out there thinking that investing in VR is "wasting time and resources into gimmicky bullshit".

And thanks to @EusthEnoptEron it is apparent that HS will continue to be an excellent (arguably superior) VR experience in its own right-- one taste of HoneySelectVR and the "gimmicky bullshit" argument flies out the window. There may be just too many constraints on room-scale immersion in VRK if the demo is anything to go by. But I'm keeping an open mind, it's their first shot at it after all.

I'm way more excited for what they learn from VRK to apply in 2018/2019.

Updated News from getchu :

New expansion title : Honey Select Party
Release day : April 28

2 complete new personality : 妖艶(Evilly Hot), 誠実(honest)
Several new mode included : Tentacle Play
Character card fusion ?! <- No idea what it is...
New studio mode : Studio Neo <- No idea as well...

Price : 8,424Yen

Pre-Order Special : Woman Warrior Red Armor (That one from 勇者からは逃げられない) + Silver Sword

Updated News from getchu :

New expansion title : Honey Select Party
Release day : April 28

2 complete new personality : 妖艶(Evilly Hot), 誠実(honest)
Several new mode included : Tentacle Play
Character card fusion ?! <- No idea what it is...
New studio mode : Studio Neo <- No idea as well...

Price : 8,424Yen

Pre-Order Special : Woman Warrior Red Armor (That one from 勇者からは逃げられない) + Silver Sword

So Friday was just an announcement and not the actual release? The release will be in April? I was under the impression that the release was going to be on Friday but I guess that's my fault for not understanding clearly. That tentacle play sure sounds interesting though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ignaus wrote on UFO's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Is it possible to update these?
まものす to v24.04.03
Zookeeper Mission! 2 (JP ver) to v23.12.08
Rann wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, please upload love n live lucky teacher V 2.0.0 :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2445340/Love_n_Life_Lucky_Teacher/
eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.