[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

Give these men a lots of cookies!!!

Yeah I couldn't come up with anything until I fapped and went back in it and wa slike.. OHHH I CAN DO THIS TO IT.. Yeahh.. You'd be surprice with the good 1080P 4k textures wallapaper you can come up with.. My PC full with those lmao.

Reactions: straight.shota
Quick and dirty guide. First, installing the game :

1. Download the game from one of the torrents (either Girlcelly's or Mikocon's one).
  2. In it, you will find the disk images for Honey Select. Mount them using something like Daemon Tool.

EDIT / WARNING : Daemon Tools installer is bundled with an adware. Read this post and this post to know more. I now recommend looking for an alternative.

3. To install the game, run "setup.exe". If the installer complains, download and use a tool like Locale Emulator or NTLEAS to emulate a Japanese operating system.
  4. When prompted for "Disk2", do not mount it in a separate virtual drive. First, eject "Disk1", then mount "Disk2" in the exact same drive (same drive letter).

Then, installing the bonus content and update :

1. In the torrent you downloaded, look for files called "honey_souki.exe" and "honeys_yoyaku.exe". They are auto-extracting archives containing additional clothing. Launch them to extract and then launch "Filecopy.exe" inside of the unpacked folders.
  2. Download the latest 09/30 "S" Update (551.0 MB) linked in the first post. You don't need the other updates. You don't need to install the update that is shipped with the torrent either. Install it just like you installed the two previous DLCs

You should have a full and up-to-date game at this point. Do a backup of the game folder before attempting to mod it.

Yes, this is a mod. But I don't think it's been posted on Anime-Sharing, so you may have to look for it on Hongfire.

The walk-through / troubleshooting / FAQ / wiki are not really useful currently, since they lack a lot of information. I hope someone is going to update them before I do.

If you have troubles with the game, come back here and ask for help.

Late reply, but WINDOWS 10 comes with it's own mounting tool built in.

Get your mind off sex for a bit...there's much more you can do with studio than sex...

yeah, you missed your morale. to think that studio is only just for ecchis....:korokke_meh:

It's kind of funny to find these kind of answers in a thread about an H-Game. I guess my question rub you in the wrong way.

I'm not trying to troll or start an argument. My question was motivated by all the things I read about the Studio, saying stuff like: "you can do almost anything in it". Then I try it and find that it's actually very limited. So I thought that I was missing something since it's the first time I use something like that, hence my post in this thread, trying to figure out what I was missing or what was I doing wrong.

Give these men a lots of cookies!!!

Yeah, I guess my comment annoyed them. For the record I must say that I think Honey Select is GREAT! I tried some Illsion games in the past but I was always dissapointed by them. They didn't deliver what they were offering. Then I saw the quality of graphics in Honey Select and thought that I could see some nice h-animations with high quality graphics, I didn't expect anything else but the game exceed my expectations: The feeling system, the different personalities, the amount of customization... I hope this game is the first in a series of games of its kind. I think Illusion did it great this time.

Yeah I couldn't come up with anything until I fapped and went back in it and wa slike.. OHHH I CAN DO THIS TO IT.. Yeahh.. You'd be surprice with the good 1080P 4k textures wallapaper you can come up with.. My PC full with those lmao.

Yeah, I guess you can do some really nice wallpapers. I think I'll do that.

But seriouslly, after reading all the fuss about the Studio and that you can do almost anything in it, is kind of dissapointing the limitations it has. You can't even swap animations betwen genders. I think Illusion should have give the users that freedom at least, I mean is Studio, they shouldn't tie the users by the limitations of the main game.

Last edited:
It's kind of funny to find these kind of answers in a thread about an H-Game. I guess my question rub you in the wrong way.

I'm not trying to troll or start an argument. My question was motivated by all the things I read about the Studio, saying stuff like: "you can do almost anything in it". Then I try it and find that it's actually very limited. So I thought that I was missing something since it's the first time I use something like that, hence my post in this thread, trying to figure out what I was missing or what was I doing wrong.

But seriouslly, after reading all the fuss about the Studio and that you can do almost anything in it, is kind of dissapointing the limitations it has. You can't even swap animations betwen genders. I think Illusion should have give the users that freedom at least, I mean is Studio, they shouldn't tie the users by the limitations of the main game.

Studio has quite a history of evolving and devolving ever since the move to Unity...It went from HaremStudio's full object list that objects are selectable straight from the list which made handling composite objects much easier, up to 6P for both male and female, and a full suite of dance...PlayClub Studio add more IK options, ability to tie item to characters, and the ability to input scale or coordinates for less H animations because there's only four girls...SBPR Studio is where the way down truly started, because they added so much and removed as much - lots more items to play around but composite objects are no longer feasible as there's no longer item list that can select all the components...removed the ability to replace characters, tie item to characters, removed all the dances (must be too lazy to port), and scales are only adjustible on two decimal points...there's a lot more that disappeared, all that plus poor optimization.

HoneySelect? It added character and clothing replacement, crisp graphics (and graphics options), but with even more limited selection of maps, even less stock animations, and segregation of animations between genders, plus most of the limitations SBPR studio suffered.

That's just typical Illusion move...one step forward and one step back. You happened to enter the scene when Studio has already become greatly limited...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The real question, though, is what is your expectation out of the Studio. What do you expect it to do and what do you want to do with it?

Reactions: straight.shota
Studio has quite a history of evolving and devolving ever since the move to Unity...It went from HaremStudio's full object list that objects are selectable straight from the list which made handling composite objects much easier, up to 6P for both male and female, and a full suite of dance...PlayClub Studio add more IK options, ability to tie item to characters, and the ability to input scale or coordinates for less H animations because there's only four girls...SBPR Studio is where the way down truly started, because they added so much and removed as much - lots more items to play around but composite objects are no longer feasible as there's no longer item list that can select all the components...removed the ability to replace characters, tie item to characters, removed all the dances (must be too lazy to port), and scales are only adjustible on two decimal points...there's a lot more that disappeared, all that plus poor optimization.

HoneySelect? It added character and clothing replacement, crisp graphics (and graphics options), but with even more limited selection of maps, even less stock animations, and segregation of animations between genders, plus most of the limitations SBPR studio suffered.

That's just typical Illusion move...one step forward and one step back. You happened to enter the scene when Studio has already become greatly limited...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The real question, though, is what is your expectation out of the Studio. What do you expect it to do and what do you want to do with it?

Oh! Thank you. That was the kind of answer I was expecting. That explains a lot.

I was trying to produce some straight shota and futanari action in the Studio. Since you can't have that in the main game, I figured that I could make it in the Studio, however I was unable to do it. Of course it would be much better if you can do that in the main game (I really hope someone make a futanari or at least a gender swap mod for HS).

I even tried with the IK gender swap mod that I posted in this thread, but, aparently you can only swap the IK positions between genders with that, you can't swap the animations between genders, so it's kind of useless for what I'm tring to do, unless I have being missing something or I'm using it wrong given my lack of experience using the Studio features, specially the IK system.

Official Blog Updated from this Friday :

-DLC video release next friday (Nov25)
-DLC pre-order special announce

Looks like Illusion now fully focus on the new VR game

:(

Oh so that DLC stuff is for the new game? Whats the new VR game?

OH I see the new Game.. Fuck me now I need to get a VR dude.

Wait wtf? I just noticed I've been reading in english.. the website is in english.

HOLY SHIT minimun is a gtx 970?!?!!? Thank god I have a 1080 I'm all set.

Aye, they're trying to reach American audiences again with it.
Either it's gonna be very basic and consentual, or some random ass feminazis are gonna bash it to death and get Illusion to back up into their "NO AMERICANS ALLOWED" configuration

Aye, they're trying to reach American audiences again with it.
Either it's gonna be very basic and consentual, or some random ass feminazis are gonna bash it to death and get Illusion to back up into their "NO AMERICANS ALLOWED" configuration

Again?? Dude they won't sell OUTSIDE of Japan how can ti even reach us lmao...

Like I'm in love with HoneySelect but I couldn't buy it because I live in USA.

Interesting question, ProXpert, since Americans find sexual themes more offending than killing children and other gorish stuff.

Interesting question, ProXpert, since Americans find sexual themes more offending than killing children and other gorish stuff.

This worries me though, because if they do sell it on STEAM and america be like BAN... We are so screwed. This is true though.. Idk why America finds this sexual stuff offending.. At least I don't, and I'm American.

And now that trump is president.. I'm scared guys D:

This worries me though, because if they do sell it on STEAM and america be like BAN... We are so screwed. This is true though.. Idk why America finds this sexual stuff offending.. At least I don't, and I'm American.

Because of an ill, religious (christian) ideology, I'm afraid ...

And hey, Trump as president is so anime. I'm expecting very funny years.

Because of an ill, religious (christian) ideology, I'm afraid ...

And hey, Trump as president is so anime. I'm expecting very funny years.

Lmao, you can bet on those funny years. And yeah I'm considered "catholic" but I don't contribute to it at all.. I'm on my own thing lol.

It is due to cultural issues. As it was said here, in the West we allow the diffusion of violent scenes, with very explicit images ... And yet certain aspects of sex are still taboo.
These cultural issues also apply to Japan, which for example was able to launch a game like Rapelay and yet have to pixelate the genitals, it's funny if you think about it.

It is due to cultural issues. As it was said here, in the West we allow the diffusion of violent scenes, with very explicit images ... And yet certain aspects of sex are still taboo.
These cultural issues also apply to Japan, which for example was able to launch a game like Rapelay and yet have to pixelate the genitals, it's funny if you think about it.

Yeah, it's true here for us censorship is... Not accepted. But over there it has to be censored. Though I'd still choose to live in Japan. Because I'm a perv.. and I'd be throwing money at Illusion like if it where candy.

Yeah, I guess my comment annoyed them. For the record I must say that I think Honey Select is GREAT! I tried some Illsion games in the past but I was always dissapointed by them. They didn't deliver what they were offering. Then I saw the quality of graphics in Honey Select and thought that I could see some nice h-animations with high quality graphics, I didn't expect anything else but the game exceed my expectations: The feeling system, the different personalities, the amount of customization... I hope this game is the first in a series of games of its kind. I think Illusion did it great this time.

No mate. Your comment didn't annoy them. It just their way of friendly troll posts.
JTEguYPT.gif
Enjoy your life.

Indeed, but still, easy way to sell it on Steam: Have it censored, put up a "free DLC" that adds in the parts that won't pass on Steam
That's how a few visual novels got on there

Still, I wonder how much it could tarnish a person's reputation to have that game in their Steam library for all to see?

HEY EVERYONE!!! Im new here....can someone teach me how to make Helen Parr from The Incredibles, there is one on the character charing, but I wanna make one character that reeeallly looks like Helen Parr, is that even possible? thanks for the reply.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Morisoba1988 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Do you have the latest versions of these?
【VR】ハーレムな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?
thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ153517 ver 1.14

Please could you reupload these?
Thank you very much.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷