H Games wiki

I just went on a killing spree in the CM3D Section of the wiki, which was full of duplicate pages, old wikia style markups and what not.

I split up the extremely long skill page (which, worse, was not properly subpaged because the page name contained a slash) and checked, transfered content and finally deleted extra/duplicate pages.

If you feel something is missing now gimme a PM - I still have backups of the content of the pages.

Concerning the mod lists I recently had an idea: If we could get the modders on HF and AS to add their mods to the mod list and maintain their mods on the list themselves we would be able to get an up-to-date mod list, at least for the new games. Also we propably could create a new Namespace ("Mod"), where the modders can create pages for their mods. The users will benefit of this list, since it propably would be more userfriendly than the situation we have at the moment (the mod-release threads are somewhat messy).

Concerning the mod lists I recently had an idea: If we could get the modders on HF and AS to add their mods to the mod list and maintain their mods on the list themselves we would be able to get an up-to-date mod list, at least for the new games. Also we propably could create a new Namespace ("Mod"), where the modders can create pages for their mods. The users will benefit of this list, since it propably would be more userfriendly than the situation we have at the moment (the mod-release threads are somewhat messy).
I've been considering some better solution recently as well. Mainly because it was brought up at a discussion of restructuring of the H Lair over at HF. I have come to the conclusion that we would need something like on nexusmods, where each mod is essentially a blog, but with ratings, category, endorsement, gallery etc.

About your suggestion, I like the thought, but I think many modders wouldn't be able to make nice mod releases with wiki markup and clumsy upload features. The manually maintained list of mods is still a bad idea. For instance, try browsing and download mods for many of the old games. >80% of the mod releases would probably be dead links and many of the modders would be unreachable.

But I'm willing to discuss it. :) What are your thoughts?

I've been considering some better solution recently as well. Mainly because it was brought up at a discussion of restructuring of the H Lair over at HF. I have come to the conclusion that we would need something like on nexusmods, where each mod is essentially a blog, but with ratings, category, endorsement, gallery etc.

About your suggestion, I like the thought, but I think many modders wouldn't be able to make nice mod releases with wiki markup and clumsy upload features. The manually maintained list of mods is still a bad idea. For instance, try browsing and download mods for many of the old games. >80% of the mod releases would probably be dead links and many of the modders would be unreachable.

But I'm willing to discuss it. :) What are your thoughts?
Sounds good. What software do you imagine to use (mediawiki, joomla, etc.)?
I personally don't think that mediawiki is that bad for this job.

Sounds good. What software do you imagine to use (mediawiki, joomla, etc.)?
I personally don't think that mediawiki is that bad for this job.
I assume that you are referring to my nexusmods idea? It was simply my dream for the future, not something I had in mind doing here and now. :)

For it to be feasible the mods would have to searchable (preferably an advanced search where game and category would be dropdowns), viewable as a list that can be sorted by endorsements, rating, category etc. As mentioned before each mod should have a gallery, files, comments, etc.

I have a feeling that it would be stretching MediaWiki to make something that would be reasonably user friendly. Like for instance the comments, where editing a talk page would not be what we're looking for. Like for instance the gallery, where uploading an image shouldn't have to be edited in to some gallery, but simply added to the mod release in the gallery when uploaded. Like the search, lists and sorting. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but it's like using a screwdriver as a hammer: It works, but it will take a long time to hammer in that nail and you probably destroy the screwdriver in the process.

I just found 3 games which slipped past us:
  1. Tamu-Tamu-Su~ru~
  2. Netowaku Netorari Karemachi Kanojou
  3. LoveGear
My question: How shall we name the pages when we move them? I'm fine with "LoveGear" but "Netowaku Netorari Karemachi Kanojou" is just to long imho and "Tamu-Tamu-Su~ru~" could propably just stay "TamTam".
Any suggestions? :/
"Netowaku Netorari Karemachi Kanojou" is usually shortened to "KareKano". The TamTam Guide is referenced by multiple games (I don't know about those games but the seem to share a common editor or something), so it will be hard to place. Would probably fit best under the global company category.

I agree to the shortened names. All three games are Teatime games.

I assume that you are referring to my nexusmods idea? It was simply my dream for the future, not something I had in mind doing here and now. :)

For it to be feasible the mods would have to searchable (preferably an advanced search where game and category would be dropdowns), viewable as a list that can be sorted by endorsements, rating, category etc. As mentioned before each mod should have a gallery, files, comments, etc.
That really sounds like something we have to create from scratch as I don't think there's a standard free open source software for that. But (and that is a BIG but) it would require resources such as file servers and image hosting. MediaWiki wouldn't do here.

I've created a fair share of PHP applications, so I'd be able to write backend code, but I'm not proficient in frontend stuff like jquery or javascript/AJAX. However, we could start with a basic page with some upload options for files and screens and a solid database then put it up on github and see what the community can provide.

The TamTam Guide is referenced by multiple games (I don't know about those games but the seem to share a common editor or something), so it will be hard to place. Would probably fit best under the global company category.
So moving it to "Teatime/TamTam" would be fine?
/EDIT: Thinking of it I would prefer something like "Teatime/Tools/TamTam"

So moving it to "Teatime/TamTam" would be fine?
/EDIT: Thinking of it I would prefer something like "Teatime/Tools/TamTam"

That would leave the empty page "Teatime/Tools", which won't be filled anytime soon I Guess. "Teatime/Tools/TamTam" would be logically correct, but "Teatime/TamTam" is probably more practical.

Hmoeller, could you make a template similar to the gameinfo template but for companies, containing things like companywebsite, date of foundation, location, etc.
Would be great :-)
/EDIT: Also the date when the company got closed would be good.

Wow. That games get me confused...
Is "Karemachi Kanojou" or "Karemachi Kanojo" correct? :reallyconfused:

Hmoeller, could you make a template similar to the gameinfo template but for companies, containing things like companywebsite, date of foundation, location, etc.
Would be great :-)
/EDIT: Also the date when the company got closed would be good.
Well, it's hard to find facts about those companies. I just used and "Active" free text parameter where you can put in a "company was closed" note. See Teatime. We can improve on that when we have more informations about companies.
Code:
{{CompanyInfo
|name=Illusion
|exoticname=イリュージョン
|banner=Illusion logo.jpg
|founded=April 2001
|location=Yokohama, Japan
|active=Yes
|companyweb=http://www.illusion.co.jp
}}

Thanks again for all the work you guys have done on the wiki. I hope that you know that any thoughts you may have for improvements are more than welcome. I never meant to be dismissive of your ideas.

@Checkmate: I don't know if you're reading this, but I have just had another PM from yet another user not being able to create an account because of entering "hgames" in the wrong way. Would it be possible to get a captcha or something similar? If that can't be done easily, then maybe a simple calculation like "What is two plus two?" or obvious question like "What is the color of a tomato?". Those two are just my suggestions and I bet you guys can probably think up something much better that will be obvious to a human, but not to a machine. :)

[MENTION=9355]Inquisitor[/MENTION];

It is very easy to get the regular captcha but the last time I did it, the spammers went through like nothing. I also try the obvious simple question like two plus two or better yet, the color of tomato like you said but spammers also break it, even faster than the the captcha one. (They pushed 4000 article in 24 hours lol)

You can suggest easier questions but less obvious for spammer like the company who make rapelay - illusion etc or we go back to captcha.

Anyway, it's up to you to choose one now and I'll implement that but if they happen to replace half of the wiki with junk post, you will need someone to clean up. Worst case scenario though.

Hmm, but I don't have any better idea that will work for all contributors. Your suggestion about using a company is good, but it's not only Illusion games wiki's and people can't be expected to know about their games. I thought about asking for some well known Japanese H game term like yuri, but it's again too hard and not something all would know. So I did consider it, but I haven't got a better idea.

Someone had a problem uploading a very large image. The upload worked, but the thumbnail creation did not.

See discussion here: thumbnailer failing

See other thread about that error here.

The image in question is this one.

It seems wgShellMaxMemory limits ImageMagicks command line tools so big images cannot be thumbnailed. But the decision to either increase that value or to recommend splitting the image isn't something I can do.

It's actually $wgMaxImageArea which I've increasted to 10000 x 10000.
$wgMaxShellMemory default value is 300MB which is more than enough for anything.

The default value is 3500 x 3500.
[MENTION=9355]Inquisitor[/MENTION];

If you want to mention somebody, please add a semicolon (;) at the end of their ID like what I did above.

Last edited:
Hi all, there has been a little talk in the ntr fetish sub forum about creating a list of recommended ntr games with a brief summary etc. I suggested a wiki, others have suggested google docs and the like. I just discovered the hgame wiki and was wondering if such a list is allowed to go on there since it isn't about any particular game but rather a genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?
deckera wrote on Shine's profile.
can you re up this ?
tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]