H Games wiki

Would be cool, bu then there's even more pages to create. Is it really that useful for the relatively limited amount of pages in most H game wiki's?
I think there's a missunderstanding here. I have created the navigation as I imagine it for @HomeMate. I don't see why there would be even more pages to create, but as I said I think it's a missunderstanding ;).
Also regarding the navigation I would like to have a new Namespace: "Navigation", so we can create and easily identify pages which are used for the navigation. For @HomeMate the corresponding page would be "Navigation:@HomeMate". I like this idea more then the idea simply creating pages in the "Template" namespace with a "Nav" postfix (e.g. "Template:@HomeMateNav"), since this would mess things up again.

I think there's a missunderstanding here. I have created the navigation as I imagine it for @HomeMate. I don't see why there would be even more pages to create, but as I said I think it's a missunderstanding ;).
Also regarding the navigation I would like to have a new Namespace: "Navigation", so we can create and easily identify pages which are used for the navigation. For @HomeMate the corresponding page would be "Navigation:@HomeMate". I like this idea more then the idea simply creating pages in the "Template" namespace with a "Nav" postfix (e.g. "Template:@HomeMateNav"), since this would mess things up again.
Ah! Now I get it. The link in the heading now seems perfectly logical to me.

I personally would still like to test this extension first. Looking at the documentation we could automaticly get the whole navigation by this code (once the extension ist installed)
Well, I quite frankly don't like a pure alphabetical sort of subpages, I prefer to sort the subpages by importance in regard to the gameplay. Seeing the limited amount of new games per year coming in, such automation is just not needed.

Creating a Namespace for that would be a bit over the top. We could just use Template:Nav/@HomeMate to keep things clear.

So, I am just about to move the pages. But one final question: What to do with the "SYL" pages? Currently I have planned to name it "Shura Koi", but I don't know if it shouldn't be better named "See you lover" :/

What to do with the "SYL" pages? Currently I have planned to name it "Shura Koi", but I don't know if it shouldn't be better named "See you lover" :/

I don't know about that game. From the old handle SYL, I'd guess that "See you lover" would be the way to go. The HF Thread also seems to use See you lover (SYL HF Patch, SYL Launcher...).

I'm currently testing the impact of a page move from IllusionGames to Illusion. It seems it's not a big issue at all.
  1. IllusionGames is moved to Illusion, leaving a redirect.
  2. The page will now automatically use {{IllusionGames}} as game list which currently still holds the old template.
  3. {{IllusionGames}} will get the content of the current template {{IllusionGamesGames}}.
IllusionGames is now moved to Illusion. Games from Illusion may still reference IllusionGames, but as it is a redirect that's not a problem.

Once the Games are subpaged, we'll change the template system for games a bit:
  • Game Subpages will be in a template "Template:Nav/GameName"
  • "Template:GameName" will get the "Template:Hgame" with the correct parameters, which will automatically include "Template:Nav/GameName"
  • Gamepages will just use "Template:GameName"
So contributors do not need to care how to use the Template:Hgame once a game is set up in the wiki. Want to make a new page? Just throw {{GameName}} in it and add the page to {{Nav/GameName}}. As it was before, but a bit more structured.

/Edit: This can be already seen in some pages, for example GGCY.

IllusionGames is now moved to Illusion. Games from Illusion may still reference IllusionGames, but as it is a redirect that's not a problem.

Once the Games are subpaged, we'll change the template system for games a bit:
  • Game Subpages will be in a template "Template:Nav/GameName"
  • "Template:GameName" will get the "Template:Hgame" with the correct parameters, which will automatically include "Template:Nav/GameName"
  • Gamepages will just use "Template:GameName"
So contributors do not need to care how to use the Template:Hgame once a game is set up in the wiki. Want to make a new page? Just throw {{GameName}} in it and add the page to {{Nav/GameName}}. As it was before, but a bit more structured.

/Edit: This can be already seen in some pages, for example GGCY.
Cool. This is really great. I like how you can navigate back to the main page. I just created a Test page under the new AA2 wiki and it works great. I will leave it for now, but will delete it later.

It is so great what you guys are doing. Thank you both.

Maintenance report #2

I am starting to move all pages to their destinations as discussed.
Approx. Time: 10 minutes
  1. Move the pages [18:00:00 - 18:04:29]
Total time: [18:00:00 - 18:04:29] 5 minutes
Well, looks like it worked :D

Last edited:
Maintenance report #3

Currently planning the next maintenance:
Aprox. time: 30 minutes
  1. Move the current game template to "Template:%GameName%" if it doesn't mach the name of the game (ofc. with redirect so I don't break anything when I get an exception half way through) [21:44 - 21:44]
  2. Move the content of "Template:%GameName%" to "Template:Nav/%GameName%" (don't move if "Template:Nav/%GameName%" already exists) [21:56 - 21:57]
  3. Generate the hgame-template-code for "Template:Hgame" [22:19 - 22:20]
  4. Replace the current hgame template on the game pages with "{{%GameName%}}" [22:20 - 22:26]
Total time: [21:44 - 22:26] 10 minutes

Last edited:
Re: H Games Wiki

I'm working on a replacement for the Template:Gamefacts that is more compact, adds a boxcover (so Template:Boxcover is also no longer needed) and allows a free text for "Theme of the Game". Currently looks like this:

Tmp_GameInfo.png

From added image= and theme= options aside it is option-compatible with Template:Gamefacts.

Last edited:

I'm working on a replacement for the Template:Gamefacts that is more compact, adds a boxcover (so Template:Boxcover is also no longer needed) and allows a free text for "Theme of the Game". Currently looks like this:

View attachment 4145

From added image= and theme= options aside it is option-compatible with Template:Gamefacts.
Looks great. What are going to add to the template?

/Edit: What about the company and game website?

Looks great. What are going to add to the template?
Thinking about changing "Theme" to "Tags", so games can be tagged and tags can have their own categories.

/Edit: What about the company and game website?
The bottom table line holds external links to the HF Patch, the developer and the gamepage if that parameter is present (the "HF Patch - Illusion - @Schoolmate" line in the image)

I have used the maintenance bot to create the new navigation pages, move the content of the old ones to the new ones, move some game templates and replace the hgame template with the game template.
AND it WORKED! :lmao:
For those who care: This were 303 edits which were done by script. In total the bot already did more than 1700 edits.

/EDIT: Uhm, somehow I get the feeling it didn't work. The names in the navigation-bar suddenly have underscores instead of spaces:
http://wiki.anime-sharing.com/hgames/index.php/School_Mate
http://wiki.anime-sharing.com/hgames/index.php/I'm_the_Hero
Is this my fault?

I have used the maintenance bot to create the new navigation pages, move the content of the old ones to the new ones, move some game templates and replace the hgame template with the game template.
AND it WORKED! :lmao:
For those who care: This were 303 edits which were done by script. In total the bot already did more than 1700 edits.

/EDIT: Uhm, somehow I get the feeling it didn't work. The names in the navigation-bar suddenly have underscores instead of spaces:
http://wiki.anime-sharing.com/hgames/index.php/School_Mate
http://wiki.anime-sharing.com/hgames/index.php/I'm_the_Hero
Is this my fault?
I don't see any problem, but what exactly do you mean by navigation bar?

View attachment 4145

I am currently working on a function for the maintenanceBot to replace Template:GameFacts with your new template and automaticly merge it with the boxcover if it's already given.
Btw, you are great at designing nice and functional templates. Keep going!:cheerleader:

Atm I am working on @HomeMate and I have two questions:
  1. Should we address the reader in the articles (e.g. "You can customize the body anytime(...)" <> "The body can be customized at anytime(...)")
  2. Formal style: I already asked it here but didn't get an answer :(
Would be nice to get some answers soon :) thx in advance.

I have also replied in the wiki.

I am more or less indifferent to the question about using second or third person. However, it would be nice if a given article uses either one and not a mix.

I just browsed the AHM wiki and I must say that it's a huge improvement with the great game template by hmoeller and all the structural changes and edits done by trololove. Thanks a lot for all the effort you've put into making the wiki significantly easier to navigate and it just looks great! :bubblebath:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

deckera wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can you re up this ?
deckera wrote on Shine's profile.
can you re up this ?
tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]