Gun Violence: Can it be solved with greater gun control?

If u have guns its a problem...& if u don't its also a problem :reallyconfused: meh its something dat I cannot comprehend :raging:

Would be mutch better if only people like military was allowed to have guns and special police force not everyone.

:eek:

A gun is a tool, not a weapon. The deadliness of a gun depends on the mentality of the person wielding it. That's the real problem and the lack of mental health help to turn to. It's always after the fact when a tragedy occurs someone comes forth and says that there was always something alarming about the persons behavior, but nothing is ever said prior.

More gun control wouldn't matter much because a large majority of firearms that are used in crimes are obtained illegally anyway.

Would be mutch better if only people like military was allowed to have guns and special police force not everyone.

:eek:

And the blood of the people that were victims of that policy cried out in one sharp voice..... and then were silent forever...

Well... I feel for US case, it's a bit too late for gun control. The only thing you could possibly do is to introduce something to will help either:

A) Train abiding citizen their firearms with lesser costs
B) Keep tabs one weapons held per household
C) Train all security forces and military forces how to deal with people with firearm (during peace and warring periods)
D) And make balance that is not spur on the moment things legislation. Never seen them work and usually it put law abiding citizens on more risks as they tend to not notice the loopholes in their laws

Alot of people, especially from Europe, Asia or Australia are probably pretty perplexed by the situation in the U.S. in terms of gun laws. But you have to understand the history of our country to understand why guns are so ingrained with us. As an American, i hope i can contribute from my personal point of view on gun control in my country.

My grandfather lived in the sticks(American slang for a rural area), both of them were farmers. During the winter time, a good portion of the food on the table was from hunting with firearms. Most adult members of my family have their own shotguns or hunting rifles in their homes for self-defense and hunting. This prevalence of firearms and the close connection and first hand experience of a large section of the American population with firearms means that it is very closely culturally ingrained in our nation. Infact, it is considered a way of life for many of our people.

the U.S. is a very large nation, there are huge swaths of rural areas distant from police response. In my Aunt and uncles residence, it can take up to 2 to 2 1/2 hours for the sheriff to arrive. They need guns for self-protection. People who live in Urban areas are more likely to support gun control because police are very prevalent in those areas, and their experiences with guns are mainly negative.

It is more than just practicality, however. It goes into our history as a nation, which helps ingrain it into the American psyche as a part of our culture and nation. From our beginning as small colonial outposts of the British empire, to our militia defending our colonies in the French and Indian wars, our collective defense has relied on armed citizenry. Indeed, during our revolution against the British empire we relied on armed citizenry(specifically pointed out are the 'minute men' civilians who were ready in a minutes' notice.) As a result of the revolution, when our constitution was ratified in 1788, they specifically included an amendment(the 2nd amendment, second only to the 1st guaranteeing freedom of speech) which says, 'A militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep arms shall not be infringed'. Some Americans believe that it just guaranteed the right of a militia to bear arms, but the majority of Americans and a supreme court ruling says that it guarantees the right of 'the people' to keep and bear arms.

A smaller portion of the population owns guns for recreational purposes, and open and concealed carry of firearms(laws vary between states) are very active in politics. Many of them including the firearm manufacturers constitute the 3 million members of the National Rifle Association(NRA) which lobbies for 'gun rights'. Machine Guns and automatic weapons are technically legal but require a tax stamp, heavy federal regulation and cost upwards of tens of thousands of dollars because new manufacture of machine guns for civilian sale is illegal. America is the most heavily armed nation in the world, there are more than 90 guns for every 100 citizens of the U.S. There is also a personal view out there that guns aren't only for hunting and self defense, and that the 2nd amendment exist to arm the population incase of government tyranny. Distrust and dislike of the government in America is very widespread, with good reason. If we end up in a syria civil war type deal, access to firearms would be helpful.

I personally possess hunting rifles(Mauser 98k, 30-06 hunting rifle) and a semi-automatic(AKM-47). I also possess 1 handgun(Llama 1911, piece of crud). I can go on all day about the intricacies of U.S. firearms law but it is very complex between State and federal laws.

I believe we have a right to bear arms, i think we should have high police/security presence in schools, and perhaps armed teachers trained as security officers. Guns are not permitted within 1,000 feet of a school, leaving school officials unarmed. These cowards who attack innocent people target schools because they want to go out with a bang and kill lots of innocent people without resistance. Millions of lives have been saved and even millions more have been saved when armed citizens stopped bad guys from doing bad things. But the news here doesn't report a house that doesn't burn down, or bad guys that have been stopped by good people with firearms. When armed officers showed up at Newtown, the gunman shot himself. He wanted notoriety and fame, and wasn't prepared for armed resistance.

A district attorney and assistant DA were murdered in Texas, in retaliation for putting some gang members away. When gang members went to murder another Texas prosecutor, they broke into her house and she shot them. If she didn't shoot them, i have no doubt she would be dead now. When Charles Whitman hid on top of a tower in Texas and shot down on innocent people, the civilians returned fire and saved dozens of lives. Guns aren't just instruments of war and death, they can save lives. Guns are so common in the U.S. that bad guys will always have access to guns. We're not an Island nation, guns come in from Mexico all the time. Criminals won't obey our laws, all we do by banning guns is taking guns away from the good guys.

Guns will never be greatly regulated in the U.S. because of constitutional protections, and because of the large population of gun owners(over 1/3 of the population) and the large gun lobby.

I hope i've shed some light on the gun situation in the U.S. Sorry for the long post, but it's a complicated issue.

Best regards,

Fred.

Reactions: Kargan3033
Im my country we are not allowed to handle weapons. And in my entire life, 27 yrs so far i have never heard
about people being shot or anything.

Q.E.D. I think that it should be pretty obvious that people cant shot each other if they lack the means to do so. Period.

@Friedrich: In regards of your personal life. I welcome your views and experience. Especially history and lifestyle which many have yet to understand. I'll be lying that I understand your side of the world but I do understand some details after reading your post.

I feel that the media does expose the only negatives to get the public attention for whatever reason it may be. Rarely I have seen positives that hasn't have the approvals. Putting that aside and cowards which we can talk about all day, criminal syndicates that got shot by the judge. I agree with the judgement of defence against armed people with the ill intent to kill and people defending themselves. Just I feel that countries that don't get access to these things tend end up in the bad end of the stick sometimes. Vice-versa those who do.

Just comes down to the culture of the nation and how people mentally developed. Personally in my country, we're just not allowed to arm ourselves in any way. Even if self defense was used to save the family life in a hostage situation, the people who say sent the criminal who held the family in hostage to the hospital with a broken skull can still be convicted with manslaughter. Funny isn't it how the law operates against the people for my country in particular.

@Lord Zero: Kind of the same here except for military personnel for obvious reason and other peacekeepers (police). Generally there's people who many gain access to firearms other than the legit way, but there only a few places I know of that have used firearms against civilians. Tends to be the more extreme cases and other special cases as well. But in regards to close quarter weapons, I've seen my share in my young days and people have used it for not so great deeds.

Alot of people, especially from Europe, Asia or Australia are probably pretty perplexed by the situation in the U.S. in terms of gun laws. But you have to understand the history of our country to understand why guns are so ingrained with us. As an American, i hope i can contribute from my personal point of view on gun control in my country.

My grandfather lived in the sticks(American slang for a rural area), both of them were farmers. During the winter time, a good portion of the food on the table was from hunting with firearms. Most adult members of my family have their own shotguns or hunting rifles in their homes for self-defense and hunting. This prevalence of firearms and the close connection and first hand experience of a large section of the American population with firearms means that it is very closely culturally ingrained in our nation. Infact, it is considered a way of life for many of our people.

the U.S. is a very large nation, there are huge swaths of rural areas distant from police response. In my Aunt and uncles residence, it can take up to 2 to 2 1/2 hours for the sheriff to arrive. They need guns for self-protection. People who live in Urban areas are more likely to support gun control because police are very prevalent in those areas, and their experiences with guns are mainly negative.

It is more than just practicality, however. It goes into our history as a nation, which helps ingrain it into the American psyche as a part of our culture and nation. From our beginning as small colonial outposts of the British empire, to our militia defending our colonies in the French and Indian wars, our collective defense has relied on armed citizenry. Indeed, during our revolution against the British empire we relied on armed citizenry(specifically pointed out are the 'minute men' civilians who were ready in a minutes' notice.) As a result of the revolution, when our constitution was ratified in 1788, they specifically included an amendment(the 2nd amendment, second only to the 1st guaranteeing freedom of speech) which says, 'A militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep arms shall not be infringed'. Some Americans believe that it just guaranteed the right of a militia to bear arms, but the majority of Americans and a supreme court ruling says that it guarantees the right of 'the people' to keep and bear arms.

A smaller portion of the population owns guns for recreational purposes, and open and concealed carry of firearms(laws vary between states) are very active in politics. Many of them including the firearm manufacturers constitute the 3 million members of the National Rifle Association(NRA) which lobbies for 'gun rights'. Machine Guns and automatic weapons are technically legal but require a tax stamp, heavy federal regulation and cost upwards of tens of thousands of dollars because new manufacture of machine guns for civilian sale is illegal. America is the most heavily armed nation in the world, there are more than 90 guns for every 100 citizens of the U.S. There is also a personal view out there that guns aren't only for hunting and self defense, and that the 2nd amendment exist to arm the population incase of government tyranny. Distrust and dislike of the government in America is very widespread, with good reason. If we end up in a syria civil war type deal, access to firearms would be helpful.

I personally possess hunting rifles(Mauser 98k, 30-06 hunting rifle) and a semi-automatic(AKM-47). I also possess 1 handgun(Llama 1911, piece of crud). I can go on all day about the intricacies of U.S. firearms law but it is very complex between State and federal laws.

I believe we have a right to bear arms, i think we should have high police/security presence in schools, and perhaps armed teachers trained as security officers. Guns are not permitted within 1,000 feet of a school, leaving school officials unarmed. These cowards who attack innocent people target schools because they want to go out with a bang and kill lots of innocent people without resistance. Millions of lives have been saved and even millions more have been saved when armed citizens stopped bad guys from doing bad things. But the news here doesn't report a house that doesn't burn down, or bad guys that have been stopped by good people with firearms. When armed officers showed up at Newtown, the gunman shot himself. He wanted notoriety and fame, and wasn't prepared for armed resistance.

A district attorney and assistant DA were murdered in Texas, in retaliation for putting some gang members away. When gang members went to murder another Texas prosecutor, they broke into her house and she shot them. If she didn't shoot them, i have no doubt she would be dead now. When Charles Whitman hid on top of a tower in Texas and shot down on innocent people, the civilians returned fire and saved dozens of lives. Guns aren't just instruments of war and death, they can save lives. Guns are so common in the U.S. that bad guys will always have access to guns. We're not an Island nation, guns come in from Mexico all the time. Criminals won't obey our laws, all we do by banning guns is taking guns away from the good guys.

Guns will never be greatly regulated in the U.S. because of constitutional protections, and because of the large population of gun owners(over 1/3 of the population) and the large gun lobby.

I hope i've shed some light on the gun situation in the U.S. Sorry for the long post, but it's a complicated issue.

Best regards,

Fred.

Well said and to the point, well done.

The only reason why the US gov wants gun control is because they are becoming a police state like out of 1984(A good book to read) so they want to disarmed the law abiting people so they can impose their from of tyrany on the public, one thing that all tyrants fear and an armed population because they know if they try to trynize and armed population they will be shot and rightly so.

"No guns, I say; Let's use swords!! "

Just kidding. Personally, you humans should just drop all weapons.

"No guns, I say; Let's use swords!! "

Just kidding. Personally, you humans should just drop all weapons.
Well, I agree with you, but unfortunately is it too late for that: Because humans are so what of stupid since about 10,000 year "humanly civilization". The human is inept, can't from her/his fault learn, it will never peace find, so long they not with her/his standart thoughts progress stop. Well, that is the sad truth about the human. ...:goodtea:~>

Well, i don't really understand the gun control concept. What actually happens when your government sets that gun control concept? Are you guys not permitted to have more than certain amount of weapon in your households or is it just less supply of gun/weapon in the shop/market? If it's the latter one, i've read about the 3D printing, and it proposes a greater threat than controlling the supply on the market. In case you guys doesn't know what 3D printing is, here to what 3D printing technology and what it's capable of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA . Although for now, the technology is not as widespread as what harm it can bring to your community.

Guns are for me no signal for strength, because it is easy with a gun handle, that can each 3rd class idiot use.

Gun violence, or all violence can be solved; If only people used their brains instead of just primal instinct.

Quite frankly, no matter how I shift the problem, it comes down to which country and its current situation and history behind it. I personally thing some professions need it and other don't.

In my region, weapons in general is banned unless you have a licence for it and it's connected to your profession. With that said, nothing is ever perfect if someone chooses go against it. No matter how much control you put down, it will only work if people abide it. Otherwise, you will need to learn how to survive in those dangerous situations. And dealing with those situation may be quite scary if you're not prepared for it and its worst outcomes. I have found that there not many people in the world (in terms of percentage) can deal with the situation well and fewer that can defuse the situation or even disarm them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
Kallenarmaya wrote on Stetmann's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!
Kallenarmaya wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!
TasogareHentai wrote on ramori's profile.
Sorry, can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it? Thanks in advance.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/