Favorite Fanservice Animes!

Leggy

Veteran Member
Elite Member
Oct 17, 2012
Let's face it, fanservice can redeem a bad anime.

But when a good anime has fanservice, it can turn into a great anime!

What are some of your favorite fanservice animes?

Here's a short list to get things started. It's not all of my favorites, but some I consider the best!

Love Hina
Shuffle
High School DxD
Ladies vs Butlers
Kiss x Sis
Rosario to Vampire
Kanokon
Maken-ki

Last edited:
Love Hina
Shuffle
High School DxD
Ladies vs Butlers
Kiss x Sis
Rosario to Vampire
Kanokon
Maken-ki

All with panty and bra fanservice...~

But it exist a another art from fanservice, in fact: surreptitious advertising and etc.

Look on Angel beats! (where there a 'Key'-drink automat give, where anyone sure know, that Key a VN-developer studio is...) or on another animes...~

Last edited:
[MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION]; That is true. Of course, I'm probably not going to watch an anime just for the advertising. :blushing:

Maybe someone should define what "Fanservice" is...

It's not just ecchi.

Maybe someone should define what "Fanservice" is...

It's not just ecchi.

Ahhh yes, after looking up the actual definition, I see that it's a bit broader than what I originally thought. :surprise:

Fan service (ファンサービス fan sābisu?), fanservice, or service cut (サービスカット sābisu katto?), is a term originating from anime and manga fandom for material in a series which is intentionally added to please the audience. It is about "servicing" the fan - giving the fans "exactly what they want". Fan service usually refers to "gratuitous titillation", but can also refer to intertextual references to other series.

(Taken from Wikipedia)

The original question is still good, in any context; what are folks favorites?

there's an anime of shuffle!?

Yes Aexiel, it wasn't really my taste but it wasn't too bad either and almost had one of my favorite anime endings till they Clannad'd it lol. *spoiler*

Hmm, to answer your question Leggy using the "Ecchi version" of fan service like you asked I would have to say Highschool of the Dead. Though it is the only one I've ever really seen, sorry I don't really watch much ecchi. Not to say I'm against it or anything as 2D>3D girls in my eyes, just a bunch of shows under the "ecchi" genre seem to lack a great story that keeps me interested in the show.

Oh that reminds me I thought of another one so that puts me up to two now! xD
- Highschool of the Dead
- Elfin Lied <3

Hmm.... Basically animes that does not follow the mangas storyline thoroughly.....

Let's see..
- Sora no otoshimono
- Kiss X Sis
- Rosario + Vampire
- To Love Ru
- Highschool DxD
- Dakara Boke wa H ga dekinai

And a few more but these are the better ones.
(Sora no otoshimono gets 1st place <3)

These are some of my favorites. :∑
1) Asu no Yoichi!
2) Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
3) Girls Bravo
4) Linebarrels Of Iron
5) Omamori Himari
6) Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
7) B Gata H Kei
8) Princess Lover
9) RedixBato!

sora no otoshimono

kissxsis

yosugu no sora? (idk if this counts because their was a butt load of actual sex)

i have to much i cant really name these are just on the top of my head

-_-

Is this seriously what all of you agree with? I think I'm a part of the wrong Anime community.

That, of course, was merely the opening line. I agree that there is some anime that wouldn't be worth watching without the fanservice.

The main point was my next sentence, "But when a good anime has fanservice, it can turn into a great anime!" I'm asking about the good anime made better by fanservice. As others noted, I am referring to ecchi fanservice, primarily.

A good example is Love Hina. Remove the bra and panty shots, the nudity and overall ecchi content, and Love Hina is still a great story. The artwork and animation are fine, the storyline is clever and well thought out, the characters are well developed and three dimensional. It's an excellent anime in it's own right.

But the fanservice makes it even better! It enhances all aspects of the anime! That's what I mean when I say, "when a good anime has fanservice, it can turn into a great anime!"

I'm asking about the good anime. Hope this clears that up.

My top three have to be...
1. Girls Bravo
2. Highschool of the dead
3. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

All three are fantastic. Watch/read them. The mangas are equally good. 0.0

A good example is Love Hina. Remove the bra and panty shots, the nudity and overall ecchi content, and Love Hina is still a great story. The artwork and animation are fine, the storyline is clever and well thought out, the characters are well developed and three dimensional. It's an excellent anime in it's own right.

I haven't seen Love Hina, so I can't comment on that, but I seriously doubt it would be a "good" story without it's ecchi content. With that said, I'll come back to this thread after I've seen it and tell you whether or not I think you're right.

Regardless, I've never seen a good Anime, (obviously in terms of plot and character development), that focused more than about a couple minutes on strict fan service. After all, fan service is fan service and nothing more. When speaking of "good" Animes, fan service is generally the result of a lack in creative quality.

Well, fanservice huh? Ok, here we go!
1) Ikkitousen (Battle Vixens)
2) Highschool of the Dead
3) Sora no Otoshimono
4) Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls
5) Manyuu Hikenchou
6) Queen's Blade

I can't believe these haven't been mentioned yet, but my top 3 are:
- Needless
- Mahou Sensei Negima!
- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
My favorite is Needless, it's a great example of a good anime made better by fanservice (the manga is even more amazing, I recommend it to everyone)

Last edited:
Freezing, of course :D
Also Kanokon, Omamori Himari, Sekirei and hm... Koihime Musou. Not that much fanservice in the last one though ^^

I think just about every anime would throw fan service at you.
I mean Chuu2Byou made Rika cuter by the second. I'd consider that fan service.

Panty and Stocking would throw in the odd really well drawn strip tease of the angels. I enjoyed those. :D
ToLoveRu is 99% fan service, especially with the Blu-Ray of TLR:Darkness coming out. The manga alone was crazy. Near enough hentai.
Yuru Yuri gave me a few moments i was proud to watch it. The delusions from Chitose make me fangasm. I sympathise with her a lot.
Asobi ni Iku Yo is probably in my top 10 of all time sheerly for the kitty girl boobs.
Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT is relatively jiggle physics
OniAi's Blu-Ray releases are basically a fight to see who gets more boob time on the big screen.
Strike Witches is exactly the same. I don't think there was a single episode without some kind of bathing scene

Other than that i guess Lucky Star and Gintama are major fan-service anime, reference-based comedy.

Cat Planet Cuties
Koihime Musou (and the other 2 seasons)
ToLoveRu (and the other 2 seasons)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai & Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Sekirei & Sekirei Pure Engagement
Ladies vs. Butlers
Kanokon
Seikon no Qwaser & Seikon no Qwaser II
Manyuu Hiken-chou
Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai
Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai
Freezing
High School DxD
H.O.T.D.
Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls
Maken-Ki!
Rosario to Vampire Season & Rosario to Vampire Season Cappu
Shukufuku no Campanella

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
A reupload request. Do you still have this in your database?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!
darkpachon wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
sorry can you upload again [110128] [Studio 邪恋] 操心術0 パッケージ版 is that the links are down
darkpachon wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry can you upload again

[121130][STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス)

the links are down
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
request
can you upload this?

男装王子様系女子は爆乳爆尻マゾ娘っ♪
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
Jagger051 wrote on Esan's profile.

[Japanese] [160930][デジタルGパワー] 不幸な母さんとしあわせラブラブ生活

Links Broken, re-upload please