Fate Zero

Was never that big on Saber either.

Favorites I don't know, deep down maybe it's Gilgamesh for me since he has sooooo many moments through all the VN's that make you love to hate him.

But in general Zero has so many to love really. Berzerker is awesome, Caster is such a great villain that gives Gill a run for his money, Rider is such a BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, etc., etc., heh.

I like most of the male characters in Fate universe except Emiya 'ppl die when they are killed' Shirou.

I can see why Ufotable is balancing out their budget here and there, but I wonder if they couldn't do it in a better fashion: frankly, the discussion between Tokiomi and Gilgamesh was nearly nothing close to "composition", or subtle direction. Meanwhile, am I the only one who was a bit taken aback by the CGI cars? I don't have any problem with CGI usually (such like mecha in guilty crown), but these ones were really out of place.
Of course, it isn't anything major whatsoever, but I think other "cutting" methods would have been possible, without breaking huge numbers for the animation.

Anyway, this was a good display of Alexander/Waver and Arturia/Irisvel interactions, while giving a simple yet accurate depiction of Kiritsugu. That being said, with all their efforts in showing Kiritsugu's plight regarding Iri, the utter lack of narration just kills his character, not matter how good the rendition was.
I'm starting to be a little nervous how they will handle Kiritsugu and Kirei in the future, and hopefully, this isn't the "cut scenes" they were talking about.

Oh well, a good episode nevertheless.

Last edited:
I agree about the far shots of Gilgamesh and Tokiomi interacting. Ufotable can do better of course, and yes, the CGI, not there I really mind unless its stands out really.

Master/Servant relationship is important! Cant say that about poor Lancer though. :(
But glad to hear Hikaru Midorikawa voice him like he did for the PSP games.

I'm surprised by the way they made the anime either. But honestly i'm surprised that they'll make 25 eps, more that Stay Night, + ep was ald that long.
But let's hope it's get better in the next eps

Imho ep. 3 was boring... But now we will have some action ^^

NOW NOW, finally I can say this. TOP NOTCH DRAWINGS + ANIMATIONS THIS WEEK. ufotable <3

Sick fight between Saber and Lancer, ufotable saved a good amount of budget for this fight, except for the far shots in the beginning and the not-so close up faces talk in between the fight. Other than that, fight was excellent done, Saber and Lancer both adept in battle. Fireworks from some clash of weapons sounds ridiculous, but its magic and alls fine of course. :3

If you been keeping tabs on my previous posts, the true identities of the servants are supposed to be secrets, or others can take advantage of your weakness. Lancer's true identity as Diarmund was as expected, with his charm spell working on ALL women who looks at his 'G-spot', which is his mole under his right eye, as per the legends. For more background info, just google his name and you should see his story, partially revealed in the ED theme. Equiped with a similar lance from the Lancer in F/SN, the wounds inflicted never heal, or so it will go, but worry not, Saber's wounds do heal later. What's more, everyone's gonna love Zero Lancer's charisma, in fact, I should say, the Lancer class. Plus, Hikaru Midorikawa's veteran voice acting, every fan girl should be screaming their heads off already.

Saber's thoughts in between the fight and visualisation was spot-on, though I may have wanted more slice and dice than the talking in between, which can be cut out in my opinion. Its also quite the impactful 'cliffhangar', with Rider crashing the party literally and announcing his identity to Waver's horror.

While Saber's identity gets blown in the fight due to Lancer's skills, Iskandar arrives and announces his name and class. Thats normally what I call a suicide attempt, but his honourable nature shines through. Like a bro, I enjoyed his dialouges with Waver again this week, contradicting all the rules in the War, like not revealing your name, and killing the other servants. What Iskandar chose was to fight head on with these historic figures. Kirei's cover is blown (purposely or not) as Assassin is spotted on scene.

Quotes of the episode:
Iskandar : It would be a great pity to let either die.
Waver : Then whats the point if they dont die!?!?!?

Excellent episode, especially loved the scene when Lancer and Saber ratted each other's identities. With Rider crashing into the fray, expect more (literal sense) fights next week.

Last edited:
I had been expecting top-notch animation for this ep, and I wasn't disappointed

The fight was much better than I thought, and definitely more "real" than the UBW movie by DEEN, in which the fight between Lancer and Archer like a shounen fights (in the movie, not the VN)

And when Rider summoned the chariot, it's just simply ... awesome.

So far I am very satisfied, and of course not to mention the Music (especially BGM) by Kajiura Yuki could not be any better ...

p/s: I'm a new member, nice 2 meet people here at A-S and hope I didn't disrupt the conversation ^_^

Nah, more anime posters are welcomed. I say we are still lacking them, but there is sure an increase for the fall season.

Episode 5 should be really great, I hope they don't just skim over it.

We also get one more scene we're all looking forward to.

Hell in honor of:
Can't wait.

Putting aside the obvious budget saving in the first half. First excellent episode for me. We're finally down to the fighting. The music is definitely noticeable in this one and I'm happy to say that.

The fight itself was a bit slow, but considering they are still basically feeling each other out and reveling in the opportunity to take part in Deadliest Warrior: The Anime that's kind of to be expected. The way they shot the shit and made fancy flashy moves while making use of technical jargon reminds one of a textbook mecha or shonen fighting anime pre-battle. This is fine by me, especially when it's paced pretty well.

Iksander continues to steal the show for me every time he shows up and this time he literally stole the show in the end by interrupting the Saber vs. Lancer fight. I can't get enough of this character, he's just that manly and amusing. In any case things are still moving a bit slow, but I'm starting to become okay with this pace. I wouldn't mind just a little more development for some of the characters and less prolonged jargon filled talking scenes with Kirei and Tokiomi in the near future though as they sort of disrupt the flow of the battle scenes which serve to fill the meat of the story. It's not that I mind the scenes themselves, they just tend to go on a bit too long for my tastes.

PS: Assassin, you are a dancer, not good at stealth. Just saying xD.

I really liked the fight at the end, at the start it was certainly slow i expected something like archer vs lancer when they first fought(F/SN), now i just want to see what hero is berserker in this war and how Gilga comes up paired with Kirei

Problem is how ufotable is gonna continue this for 2 cours of epic action.
Too good a production will lead to budget problems, something everyone will not want to see. Lets see how ufotable does it~

Problem is how ufotable is gonna continue this for 2 cours of epic action.
Too good a production will lead to budget problems, something everyone will not want to see. Lets see how ufotable does it~

Well, what episode # is the "end" for episodes this season and finish the series in April anyways?

Split into 2 cours, first part (12 or 13 episodes I forgot) will end by this year.

Second part will start next april. Total is 25 episodes, with bonuses included in the BRs, DVDs.

AMAZING quality this week, especially Berserker. His movements were so fluid I could hardly believe it was done in CG. No cheap motion effects, 100% pure direct movements...Camera works seem to keep getting better and better each week too. It's like watching a short movie every week. How do they do it?!?!

On the actual episode itself, it was quite suspenseful with 5 Servants on the scene at the same time, but I think Berserker stole the show this week, rather than Rider.

The only Servant yet to reveal himself is Caster, who has a burning passion for Saber and is going to make a move next week...

On the side note, I think Irisviel needs to get gloves to hide the fact that she doesn't have Master's stigma lol

I love this Episode... a battle royal between 5 servant! personally i love Lancelot, his appearance is awesome! grabbing Gilgamesh Hougu and use it, LOL! one hell of a trick!

and seeing Akexander is really funny act like a truely king! though i still can't see him as Alexander! his face is too old for a man that died in age of 30

Not gonna beat around the bush, I enjoyed this episode. While most people would go around complaining about the CG used for Berserker, I felt the entire scene was done excellently, especially in accordance to the novels. The parts were hard to animate, but ufotable went straight with it, which may have resulted in a lower standard for far range shots this week, but the character close-ups are still great. Love this episode for what it is, thank you so much ufotable.

The clash between the 5 servants and the observer(s) in Assassin and Kiritsugu was fantastic. The whole episode dedicated to it was excellent. Rider remains a damn fun factor even till this point, everyone has to agree. Intruding in a fight, telling his name and offering a truce and alliance which obviously no one took up. Gilgamesh's bad-ass-ness remains top notch, although Lancelot(Berserker) was able to match up with his frightening ability. Tokiomi, who despite knowing Gilgamesh is probably the strongest hero out there, forces him to retreat. Knights loyalty are a worthy cause, exemplary in Lancer and Saber. Fans of Lancer would be fuming mad later on in the series just like me though.

Will like to highlight the certain key points till now:

1. Saber's hand aint fixed.
2. 2 masters already wasted 1 command.
3. Caster's mad ways and complete misunderstanding.
4. Identities of the 3 are already known.
5. Kariya and his time limit.
6. Kirei.

Best episode yet and the best one since the first episode. That potentially catastrophic assembly of godly forces of nature ended far more neatly than I would've expected, but it still managed to be extremely awesome, developing nearly every character present in one way or another, while also providing a feast for the eyes with wonderful action sequences.

Berserker was obviously the one that shined the most in those.The CG certainly gave him the otherworldly vibe his character calls for, making his crazed and frenetic movements all the more mesmerising. And of course, Yuki Kajiura appropriately stepped up her game and pulled out the big guns for his moment of glory. Fantastic track right there and also one rather reminiscent of her previous collaboration with Ufotable.

Anyway, the thing that probably impressed me the most in this episode was how levelled the playing field in this war seems to be. You know this is an entirely different assembly of Servants from F/SN when the almighty Gilgamesh doesn't actually come off as extremely overpowered. For once we get to see him being humiliated rather than doing the humiliating himself, which was quite amusing, though I still thought his lines were gold as usual (no pun intended). It doesn't get much more arrogant than being pissed off that your opponent's forcing you to stand on the same ground as him. Another interesting detail was how he handled Tokiomi's Command Spell, since unlike Lancer, with whom it seemed to have an extremely swift and silencing effect, Gil still managed to take his time and spout off a bunch of insulting farewells to the remaining Servants before following the order. For a moment there I thought he was actually gonna be able to resist it, but I guess that'd be a little too much, even for him.

As for the rest of the Servants, Rider finally proves to be every bit the bro I'd heard him to be, standing up for Waver against Archibald's onslaught of elitist trash stalk. I have to say though that I find it a bit disappointing that Saber still manages to be the centre of attention for damn near every Servant when she clearly had the worst performance amongst them in this "warming up" of theirs.

Last but not least, Kariya's scene was hard to watch. Surprisingly enough not because of his physical state, but rather due to his mental one. Honestly, I fear for him and his already nearly non-existent composure if he ever comes face to face with Tokiomi. Granted he did get the upper hand on him this time, forcing him to waste a Command Spell and probably deal with Gil's wrath next time they meet, but it's definitely not healthy for Kariya to be that happy about it, as if it somehow proves he's the superior potential man of the family for Aoi/Rin/Sakura, as he clearly what he envisions and drives him.

Finally some action. I like to see Gilgamesh angry, veeeery angry.

Awesome ep is awesome.

Only one thing: they cut the part about Kariya suffered when Berserker went out of control and attack Saber. IMO that part should not be left out, since it highlights how dangerous being the Master of Berserker is and how severe the toll Kariya has to pay. (he was in so much pain that he couldn't even use a Reijuu to call Berserker back)

But still, overall, best ep so far, nice action scenes.

P/s: Ryuunosuke blushing face is kinda ... gay btw

Only one thing: they cut the part about Kariya suffered when Berserker went out of control and attack Saber. IMO that part should not be left out, since it highlights how dangerous being the Master of Berserker is and how severe the toll Kariya has to pay. (he was in so much pain that he couldn't even use a Reijuu to call Berserker back)
At this point I think that part is pretty obvious from what they covered so far...
Personally I'm glad they didn't change the scene in the middle of a fight.

Oh shit……The pic begin collapse……

What?

Anyways,

Every time I see Maiya I hate her for what comes at the end of this current sequence of events.

Anyways bombing, hints about Gill's future, Caster confessing to "John" (come on there has to be SOMEONE on their production team that can tell the difference between Jeanne and John being said....) and a setup for Caster next episode and a lot of stuff that will go down in the next few episodes.

Next couple episodes will really show how good or bad the 3-d cg will work out with Caster though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ153517 ver 1.14

Please could you reupload these?
Thank you very much.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?