Dubbed vs Undubbed?

Dubbed or Undubbed?

• Total voters
Dubbed most of the time, I tend to multitask when I watch anime so I find dubs easier to enjoy.

Undubbed for me, be it hentai or anime.....Other dubbing sounds kinda fake and lacks emotions, though I don't get a word of Japanese, I prefer it over English Dub :)
Not to mention subtitles is a necessity ;)

Subbed all the way baby! The only Dub I enjoyed was Lupin the III.

I honestly don't mid either, however because of the fact undubbed comes out sooner than dubbed I tend to watch undubbed more.

It really depends on the quality of the dub and how good the localization is. Sometimes dubs are better than the original voices (Bebop, Golden Boy).

Seiyuu's actually treat it like a real job, and try to show emotion unlike 90% of the Dub side of things.

I remember laughing out loud while feeling sad at the horrendous dubs I watched in the VHS days. But also for newer ones I've caught on t.v. and the like.

Flipping through the channels on a Saturday night, seeing Code Geass was on, and laughing that that guy who did the dub voice for Lelouch showed absolutely no emotion to anything. Much less just shaking my head at the "APESHIT CRAZY, OVER THE TOP MANIACAL LAUGH" that is the trademark of Zero almost was like a slight "ha-ha-ha" by the Microsoft Sam voice in the dub, lol...

I could go on and on with bad dub examples really. You don't even need to list some of the worst ones from years ago like the stuff you would see done on Anime Abandon, you have plenty of more recent "What where they even thinking..." ones like Higurashi's..

dubbed is the worst thing that could ever happen to anime. i also hate the change of names, if it has "black" or "god" or something like that in it.they have to remove names and "part" of the scene to ruin the thing. example, yugioh, why the hack is the monster reborn sign a cross, not the sign of life? it is an EGYPT thing, not christian.

Subbed. I cannot stand dubbed anime and what the american production companies do to it. You don't get the same emotions as you would with the subbed because the dubbed versions don't carry along the honorifics such as -San, -Chan etc. I feel most of the time the voicing is poorly done (Beside a few such as Haruhi Suzumiya where it was good) and they edit and the cut the living shit out of the episodes.

subbed please ... 99.9% of the english voicings are garbage ... lines that are read with as much enthusiasm as a dead person, and voices that are hideously mismatched for the characters they are supposed to be doing

if the anime licensing companies put as much effort into finding the right voice actors as Disney always has ... then I would happily say yes to dubbed ... as it is I always select Japanese with sub-titles to watch my dvd's

Hell, I rather watch un-subbed anime over dubbed, anytime anywhere.
Semper Fidelis to the original.

Subs all the way with absolutely no regrets. Dubs are absolute garbage, they are a speck of dust compared to the seiyuus and what they can do for animes and games. Just like Cattz said, they treat it like an actual job unlike the dub voice actors. The emotion the seiyuus put behind they're voice can never be matched by the dub VAs.

yeah dub sucks so bad...... they are disgrace to japanese and anime it self.... its so crap i swear... they don't put enough
emotions and feelings towards dubbing

I support dubbed versions of series, it's unrealistic for people to vote for undubbed. Because most people don't understand the Japanese language, I've heard excuses like "it's realistic" or "even though I don't know Japanese I like to hear it." If people really voted for undubbed then no one would watch the dubbed series on local television stations.

I prefer to undubbed because it can be better for learn Japanese language, other than that for some reason I feel that anime that has been dubbed with the English language or the language of my own country makes me too lazy to watch that anime .. probably because of the those voice is incompatible with the character that they are dubbing :donefor:

I prefer subbed over dubbed. To be honest, I only thought about it now. I think the reason for my preference to subs over dubs is because of, like the others said, lack of emotion (or overacting). Sometimes the dubbers are like some guy who just faces the computer and browses 9gag all day; always using the high pitch part of their voice (if you know what I mean) or they try too much to put some emotion (which they don't really feel and sounds horribad). My other reason is the mouth sync; sometimes, their lines are either way too short or a little too long which looks bad. And lastly, it's because I want to learn the Japanese language since there are so many Japanese exclusive games... But I'm too lazy so not much Japanese goes in my head. :XD:

I like subtitles for anime more than dubbed because subs can help you learn Japanese a bit more, with the pronunciation and all, and dubbed anime just show you what it would be like if they spoke English. Most dubbed anime tend to be boring, like a few dubbed anime I have seen on YouTube. The voice actors lack emotion in their voice, so the voice acting tends to be dull.

it have to be undubbed. it sound more right with the original japanese.

english dubbed is just wrong :/

subbs :desire:

I'm sure others have stated the most obvious and understandable reasons as to why subs are preferred over dubs.

Pertaining to me I prefer sub over dub.

However, if the anime was RAW and no one decided to sub it yet, then what to do?~

That is one of the reasons why I prefer subs. One, it's because you have subtitles helping you while enjoying the beautiful impact of their voices. Two, the subs allow people to learn Japanese by comparing the words spoken with the words written.

When you learn some of those words, you can watch some anime RAW. That is quite an achievement because you can then concentrate on watching the anime instead of focusing on both the subtitles and the animation.

That is the main reason why I like subs.

Dubs are pretty good in their own right depending on who's voicing them and whether it's abridged or not. They give a different flavor, but sometimes lose that 'feeling' of 'beauty' or 'impact' as the Japanese voices.

The English dub actors have emotion, but just not the 'right' one.

It could be because we tend to watch the sub first, then try out the dub. So we are used to the original.

In the end, I still respect the dubs. I just find subs more appealing especially when you realize that these sub groups are putting great quality work without much pay or no pay at all.

Last edited:
Wile some dubs are good, they are usually far and few between. Even if they match up the voice right usually they screw up the translation -_-;

defqon1, that's a given. :"3
But i sometimes want dub when im doing something so i can hear what they're saying while i build some of my model kits or something haha

i may want a dual audio option, just to hear how ridiculous it may be sound in dub lol xD

my preferred option though is undubbed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
A reupload request. Do you still have this in your database?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!
darkpachon wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
sorry can you upload again [110128] [Studio 邪恋] 操心術0 パッケージ版 is that the links are down
darkpachon wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry can you upload again

[121130][STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス)

the links are down
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
request
can you upload this?

男装王子様系女子は爆乳爆尻マゾ娘っ♪
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
Jagger051 wrote on Esan's profile.

[Japanese] [160930][デジタルGパワー] 不幸な母さんとしあわせラブラブ生活

Links Broken, re-upload please