Are you afraid of dying?

Yes of course I am afraid of dying, however I believe so,
that I would be happier if I won't need to worry about
anything else than the ending of my life.

Reactions: espiekerella
I'm not afraid of it, so long as I'm not actively thinking about it. If I were in a plane that was nose-diving into a volcano, I'd be more afraid of the incoming crash, rather than the most likely death that will happen once it happens.

Yes. All of science suggests that death will mean being never able to feel anything or think about anything ever again, that my conscious mind will simply stop existing. That terrifies me to no end.

I've always found this to be an interesting discussion. I mean lets face it we are all going to die unfortunately we don't really get to choose how we do so.

For myself I am not afraid of dying as I've accepted the fact long ago, however I don't want to die young nor do I want to leave my family behind as in my kids who are not yet grown.

I've been to a lot of funerals in my time (the earliest was my great grandmother whom died when I was 4 years old) and I think it's because I've buried several friends and family that I've come to a form of peace so to say with the knowledge that one day I will be gone from here.

So if you dare please tell us your thoughts on one of the hardest subjects to discuss in my opinion.

The general fear of death is not uncommon among people - in fact this very fear gave us evolutionary advantage over other species who werent that scared of death and hence more careless in their pursuits. The flight-or-fight tendency has been ingrained in us since millions of years - and this situation - also known as stress - is something that keeps us alive and running. However, the extreme fear of death or thanatophobia - can be described as a medical condition where the infdividual has pathological fear of death ; much similar to other phobias such as agoraphobia or arachnophobia.

A lot of the stories from people who have medically died have said you feel very good past a certain point and it's relieved them of the stress of dying, when it's your time to go you're more than likely just let go of everything and accept that feeling that they were describing.

Reactions: Perplexing
I've been m.i.a. from this site for a few years now. To be honest I just found an old file that had my login info for it lol. Good to see an old thread still alive. :D

As for the current I'm still pretty much right on with what I initially wrote in the OP. A lot of time has past and I've gotten older (not wiser though -_- ) and with the passing of my father who was 58 at the time I've grown more resolved in my view that I shall not fear death when it's my time be it when I'm young or old.

If it happands it happaned in mean time smile gratefull for what you have even if there nothing to gratefull for ahah

I am afraid of how I die. If I were to, god forbid, die in my sleep, then it would not matter because I would be dead. But lets say, if I were to be shot and die slowly, then that would be terrible. If I die quick then it will be fine, even though I do not wish to die.

Well I almost died at birth twice and once again when I was about 6 years old. I do not relish the thought of dying because I a very curious person who wants to learn and experience new things but I am more afraid of loosing the ones I love than dying.

Not really. Whatever it is that waits for us in the end is nothing to be afraid of. Whether we stop existing or we find an afterlife. None of them sound bad to me.

Got shot multiple times while being robbed.

Dying really doesn't scare me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

tkwcn wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, the link RJ01174583 were dead, could you reupload please?
[240421][ぱちぱちぼいす] 信じて送り出した恋人アイドルがオナホ堕ちしていた件 ~Pさんの雑魚チンポとはサヨナラです♪~ [RJ01174583]
ballball1110 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi this link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this asmr?
[210108][m3t(みみもと)] 性処理関係のつもりだったが恋人になった!?【青春純愛妄想系】 [RJ311645]
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls