tofoo12

Anime/Manga Search Team
Aug 23, 2011
Hai Hai,

As a fellow anime/manga lover i have dedicated a portion of life to the amazing world of japanese animation. Like most viewers i fall victim to the undeniable fact that animes/manga end... SO i have decided to help all anime/manga viewers find new series that they may find enjoyable.

Just leave genres or themes or comparisons to other mangas or animes and ill do my best to find something to your liking.

it would also help if you leave the names of animes/mangas you have already watched but it is not necessary.

and if your looking for something new same thing applies.

Feel free converse with others while your here

If your interested in helping feel free to PM me so i can notify you

If You been helped or see something you like click the BIG FAT THANK OR LIKE BUTTON please :)

Ill do my best to find multiple series while giving you links screen shots and a synopsis and even a personal rating

Thank you and im looking forward to helping :) :D :)

Last edited:
Dude! that is awesome! I like that idea!

I holler for you when I can't find something good. (happens quite often)

Reactions: Hiroshi
Love the support, glad you like it

feel free to help me out to, i dont think one guy alone could handle it.

Hope ill be able to help you in the near future

Reactions: Hiroshi
Hi tofoo!!!!
Hmmm not a bad idea... okay then lets give it a shot!
(newbie here my first actual thread post XP)

anime or manga idc just need something to kill time

Looking for a comedy (something that will make me chuckle)

requires decent animation so nothing before 2004 (debatable)

preferably a highschool scenario but i wouldnt mind somehting else.

a little broad but enough to work with (i think?) im not looking for too much finding one series would be plenty

Thank you!

Hai Dachy looks like your my first! (lol) and welcome again to Anime Share

So in regards to your search...

A11476-71.jpg

I thought "Seitokai Yakuindomo" (2010) Matched what you were looking for best.

It follows the life of a male teenager who has just enrolled into a high school that was once all female. With the integration of males into a once dominant female environment the student council forcefully adopt him into there ranks making him vice president. And so begins the comedy filled life of Takatoshi.
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7532 (for a better synopsis)

In terms of plot and character development it doesn't have much to offer. It stress more on the fact that it is a comedy more than anything else. It brands their characters with anime stereotypes however its more delightful than it is predictable

What makes this series most enjoyable is its border less use of sexual humor. Although this anime is not categorized as ecchi it makes up for it with its crude jokes and the protagonists unbelievable innocence (impossibe? i dont think so). The humor revolves around idiotic remarks, speech mistakes and the personality of the council and much more. In regards to comedy it can deliver quite a punch.

Animation: 7.5
story:2
comedy: 8.5
satisfaction: 8
Overall ill give it a B+

Hope you enjoy!!

Last edited:
Reactions: faceless and Dachy
Ooooo thank you very much I'll be sure to check this out!

This won't be the last of me

Wow! that was just efficiency! Good job Tofoo12.

Comments like these and the satisfaction of other users are what drive me zealously to help

I thank you again for your words of support mr will98 :)

Can I help? I've watched quite a bit of that genre, so I know I'll be helpful.

I'll list about 3-4 series here, and for each I'll give a link to anidb, MAL and (Well if you know any more anime database plz enlighten me!!). No synopsis because that would be long. And you're going to visit the links anyway, right?

The first would be Seto no Hanayome (anidb, MAL), my all-time favorite series, 'nuff said. You may not find a school setting in the first episodes. But (probably) from ep 6, it'll switch to the usual school theme.

The second would be the insanely famous Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (anidb, MAL). Whether or not you're an otaku, you must have heard of this title. Not many words can describe this series, except funny. And addicting as hell.

The third would be Nichijou (anidb, MAL), my favorite anime this season besides Steins;Gate. Its randomness is off the chart. For the first episodes, you may dislike that randomness of this series, but believe me, when you get used to it, you'll find it extremely funny. I may list Azumanga Daioh (anidb, MAL) here too, but since you requested series after 2004, I won't then.

There are still many series as good as these (or some even better) out there. So if one day you finish them all, just come here and we'll recommend you new series. And of course, these are just my own thoughts, experience, so if you cannot find these series as hilarious as I can, then it's a shame indeed.

Last edited:
Fabulous, i would love the extra help and these are all great series. Welcome to the Anime/manga search team (AMT) I look forward to working with you! :)

You are quite welcome Mr. Tofoo12.

A request though if you don't mind?

I am looking for a manga that has to do with living in a video game. Kind of like .Hack...are there any other works that are like that?

Thanks.

You always do surprise me.. first historical now video games jk jk

so assuming .Hack is the only video game genre you have seen.

anyways in regards to your search the .hack series is very unique to how it approaches the unofficial video game genere. Where it displays its protagonist as video game sprites or avatars within a game and often times trapped in it. That sort of emotional and virtual atmosphere i believe is exclusive to the .hack series how ever there are plenty that come close.

the best i can offer you at this point until i discover something else are series in which characters aren`t directly involved in the video games themselves.

cover.jpg

First i`d like to recommend Gamerz Heaven (2003)

It shares some aspect to .Hack... mainly where the protagonist is with in the the game itself and real life implications may occur as a result of the game itself. It is somewhat comedy based so it feel much more relaxed than .Hack however it stays true to its genre. The only down side to this series is that is has been dropped and has not been updated in a while, its worth a read if your interested however i wont leave you satisfied.

Drawings: 6
Satisfaction: unfinished
Comparison to .Hack: 3-4.5

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/gamerz_heaven/?no_warning=1

Second i would recommend strongly would be

cover.jpg

1/2 prince (2004)

Synopsis: It is the year 2100 A.D. and humans have invented a virtual reality game called "Second Life". Feng Lan, due to a bet with her brother, vows to beat him in the game without using her feminine charm to attract others to help her. Thus, she becomes the first transgendered character in "Second Life" - in other words, she is the only person who has a gender in-game opposite from hers in real life.

Its pretty popular having an anime adaption to go along with it. The story is defiantly different and doesn't follow any linear patterns (Happy>something bad> adventure>done) it's ongoing series but i don't know the release dates. Although if you do begin to like you will have to suffer the dreaded waiting period for the next issue.

Animation: 8
Story: 8
Comparison to hack: 5-6

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/1_2_prince/

Other Hack Series if you haven't seen them

.hack//4koma .hack//Alcor .hack//G.U.+ .Hack//GnU

.Hack//Legend of Twilight .hack//Link .hack//XXXX .Hack//Roots .Hack//Liminality

Ofcourse .Hack//Sign

Lastly before this gets too long (believe me i can go on forever) the popular series

cover.jpg

Kami nomi zo shiru sekai (the world only god knows)

Brief Synopsis: A second year high school student uses dating sim techniques to make girls fall in love with him inorder to catch souls that live in the emptiness of there hearts

There over 150+ issues and to anime adaptaion (season 1 and 2) Lovable characters and a strong presence of video games

MY rating: A
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_world_god_only_knows/
If you have seen or read any of these don't be afraid to ask for more its what i do.

Thanks again for your unrivaled support !!

Last edited:
Well, what can I say...I am an odd person. I may be taking after the Cheshire cat or Jim Carey! But back to the main body of things. I do love Historical anime/manga due to how serious the directors or artists take their series. But now being still in the "Teens" I love "video game(s)" themed anime/manga. It sets up a vast contrast to what was mentioned above. I just love to marvel at how "Futuristic, Advanced, Tech, Fantasy" driven video game anime/manga are. It is quite a difference watching the two. I never watch/read them side to side though. It hurts my head :)

Thank you very much Mr Tofoo12, I'm turning my attention to these 3 recommendations you have suggested and am reading them all.

Will call again. Cheers!

Kanpai! to you to Mr Will98

and i admire your unique taste, as an adolescent its hard to find people like you who have an avid interest in specific genres let alone Historical and not just boobs (although i can't live with out em either)

Well, (Jokingly) there's nothing wrong with boobs either. It's just when producers/directors just load up a good series with it, then it becomes un-enjoyably. Maybe Claymore is a good example...

Thanks again.

You may want to take a look at "Sword Art Online" too (mangafox). I've yet to take a look at it as there are only 2 chapters translated but as far as I know, there are a lot of positive comments about this series.

Recommendations?

Hi everyone
I was wondering if there's anyone who watches the kind of shows I do, and could make some recommendations.

I like stuff like: Air, Clannad, DearS, Sora no Otoshimono, Nanatsuiro Drops, Please Twins...

Basically the kinda pretty stuff with music by or similar to I've Sound. Most of the artwork on this forum reminds me of these so I joined because someone here must know exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks =]

Nyan koi
A10686-10.jpg

Really funny, and its an anime about cats and girls not catgirls so its like having chocolate and peanut butter and not chocolate with your peanut butter lol

Princess lover

A10699-5.jpg

Not bad its pretty stereotypical to its genre

Kampfer

A10861-9.jpg

Sort of a little twist on the harem genre but non the less a personal favorite

Onii-chan nanka zenzen suki janain dakara ne!!
A11947-11.jpg

Incestful to some extent not to the extent where its uncomfortable i think

Softenni
A12115-23.jpg

Sport related but pantsu as well generally considerd a slapstick
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
A11513-3.jpg

The life of a brother and his incredibly adorable and popular sister. NO incest lol
Dragon Crisis

A11721-22.jpg

Sort of a sciencey fantasy but still real world type of anime

Sorry if this seems a bit lazy of me to now right to much info but the criteria is so broad and there are TONS of anime you will enjoy.
if you want detail such as year released, a synopsis I`d be glad to edit my post.
You may have seen most of these im just knocking off some of the popular ones first. There are tons more i can list and i will if you`ve seen all of them. Just post the word More plus a smiley face and ill gladly list another 5 or 6 and so on and so on

Thanks for dropping by I really appreciate it

Last edited:
Reactions: Apparition
Just finished watching Nyan Koi. It was really good and funny. Looking forward to checking out the other ones. Thanks alot. =]

Just finished watching Nyan Koi. It was really good and funny. Looking forward to checking out the other ones. Thanks alot. =]

OKAY, im gonna try something new here because its usually not that busy so once in a while ill post a random anime or mange that i recommend so people who are just here to look might get something out of it.

235937-NAQNT0R.jpg

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka

synopsis: Nagase Jun'ichi rescues a girl he had never met before from certain danger. And as fate will have it, the next day a new transfer student named Katagiri Yuuhi joins Jun'ichi class, the girl he saved the other day. Intending to thank him for what he did, they accidentally kiss — this the beginning of their tumultuous relationship...
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6025

Personal comments: If your fan of the genre where the protagonists is flooded with beautiful women i think this one is for you. We have the Tsundere, the best friend, the sister, the class president etc... it has a generic typical to its genre feeling but if you enjoy this kind of stuff its not bad to watch it. Its really not as funny compared to other shows like it and the animation are just as fine.

Story: B+
comedy: B-
Animation:A
Worth watching: yes

Overall opinion: im going to be biased and say i do fancy this genre so a 7 in my books

Last edited:
OKAY time for my Second Installment of......**thinking** Raanndoom...anime.... RANIME of the WEEK

kampfer-op-cover.jpg

Kampfer and Kampfer Fur Du Liebe OVA

Senou Natsuru is your normal, everyday high school student. However, one morning he wakes up and finds himself turned into a beautiful girl. A stuffed tiger Harakiri Tora tells him then, that he has been chosen to be a Kämpfer (German for "fighter"), who has to fight other Kämpfer with either guns, swords or magic.

Natsuru has been granted great strength and fighting abilities on top of the power to use magic, but finds out that only girls can be a Kämpfer. Left without a choice, he is forced to turn into a girl again and again to fight other Kämpfer — to survive.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6685

Personal Opinion: This anime shares many qualities the others animes have, that includes great animation, beautiful design and so on. I've watched through this series once and found myself really attached to it, i couldn't figure out why but maybe it was because of the ecchi moments and amazing amounts of fanservice. If your into fanservice animes with essence of action and comedy i would recommend this strongly. If not Don't EVEN bother. Now this anime does have a Gender bender theme to it, but its not as weird or as uncomfortable as you might assume. the male protagonist transforms into a girl with out control not until later does he have that choice. This isn't some werido guy who like dressing up as a girl.

Story: C
Animation:A
Ecchi:8-9 if you watch the OVA then a DEFINIENT 9

Overall: An anime that could be universally liked or disliked but an b+ in my books

DONT FORGET TO THANK OR LIKE if ive found something that you will watch!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi tofoo12

at first, i want to say thank you, I'm new in anime world and you can help me to find those that i like.
I start coming to this fantasy world by seeing
Spirited away
Princess Mononoke
Howls Moving castle
and other Miyazaki's anime, but i prefer only these ones
then i see some others and like "Ghost in the shell" .

what else you recommend to me in relate to these items?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
A reupload request. Do you still have this in your database?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!
darkpachon wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
sorry can you upload again [110128] [Studio 邪恋] 操心術0 パッケージ版 is that the links are down
darkpachon wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
sorry can you upload again

[121130][STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス)

the links are down
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
request
can you upload this?

男装王子様系女子は爆乳爆尻マゾ娘っ♪
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
When you adopt a puppy from Hickory Ridge Goldens, you are not just getting a pet; you are becoming part of our extended family. We are dedicated to maintaining a lifelong relationship with our puppy owners, offering guidance and support as needed.