An anime with a proper romance end

mono chrome

Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I want to watch an anime that has a proper romance ending. Like shuffle or sword art online where the guy picks a girl or vice versa.
Any one got any good suggestions? Also i need the anime to be good too :)

Reactions: enocavermarc
these are all good and happy

Ano Natsu de Matteru...a remake of Dear Teacher but wonderfully better and a just fantastic story with some of the most beautiful art in any anime in years. I totally enjoy it and re watch it maybe at least twice a year now.

Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka -a harem story with a twist but a happy ending as you asked.

Brighter Than The Dawning Blue or also called Crescent Love -wonderful slightly older style anime with a very happy ending

Crest of the Stars- Banner of the Stars I and II - a superb sci fi series with a happy romance

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - happy ending series nice fun one

Sankarea - a supernatural series with a very nice romance as its centre, not totaly happy for there is an uncertain future but fits most of your request.

Check this out :

- Clannad S1 & S2
- Toradora
- Kimi no Iru Machi
- Kaichou wa Maid-sama
- Mashiro Iro Symphony the Color of Lovers
- Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
- Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (incest) S1 & S2

hope this help you ;)

Ditto ^

Except..
"Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru"
That thing does not have a "proper" romance end

And please do NOT watch Clannad 2, it is far from happy any of it. It is a very strange hybrid that replaces slice of life with suffering and pain and loss and greif and should never have been made.

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru DOES have a romance to it and i think you may enjoy it but it is not a straighforward one, more of one that develops over time and may indeed not be a simple happy story you seek.

- Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (incest) S1 & S2 is more about otaku culture, and overtones of some of the sub cultures and fetishes, and is NOT a romance per se so i would suggest you watch some of the ones on my list which are ALL straight and happy romances every one of them. There are actually not that many of these so I have collected what I could find to enjoy.

there is another that is rather fun, Sands of Destruction, it is a fun alternative world story well done by a good anime studio and has a happy romance in it.

Some that come immediately to mind are:

Please Teacher
Love Hina
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret

And please do NOT watch Clannad 2, it is far from happy any of it. It is a very strange hybrid that replaces slice of life with suffering and pain and loss and greif and should never have been made.

That's a bit harsh. It doesn't replace slice of life and its a fantasy after all.

Have you tried watching Ef - A tale of two? I think it's a wonderful romance, at least for the first season.

You could also try Hyouka. Its a funny and very beautiful anime.

At least last episode has a romance ending :)

Nanatsu-iro Drops
Kobato.
Marmalade Boy
Acchi Kocchi
Mahoraba: Heartful Days
Kaitou Saint Tail
Gosick
Fushigi Yuugi
Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Pretear
Yu Yu Hakusho
Yuusha Shirei Dagwon
Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar
Uchuu no Stellvia

going o check out your first suggestion. But Sankarea is still going on in the manga, that has not got a romance end, if you know what i mean.

i gave up on toradora a while back. Do they actually end up together?
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Do they actualy end up together?
Like love complex/clannad need something where they end up together.

Yes the last episode which is an alternative cycle of Clannad 2 IS very nice. The rest is terminally sad.

Hyouka, yes tho not a straight forward romance but yes a very sweet romance is the core of it, forgot that one and i love it.

Love Hina is very frustrating at times, so i left it off, super harems are really boring. Over and over the same frustrations...

Haruka's series, yes nice romance there good one indeed.

On Ore no, no they dont actually get all the way together.

Really for the fullest and most fully expressed romance, Ano Natsu de Matteru is by far the most realized and most beautiful. I would do it first and last and always. It is as I said, a re telling of Please teacher or part of the story but still superbly done and really one of the all time great series. And very happy. Just keep with it....to the very end.

On Ore no so they don't end up with each other, how frustrating. I got pissed when Hitman Reborn manga ended and that damned idiot did not pick anyone.
Need to find & download Ano Natsu de Matteru now

Yes i agree, that is why i dont like many harems tho we have to work on them when they come along they are not that much fun as you know no one will be happy in the end usually. I look as carefully as I can for the happy ones. I think you will enjoy Ano Natsu..it is a lovely one and the art is superb some of best colour and art work and style for any series....very cutting edge and well done. No dub but the VA work is excellent to in the original Japanese and it is well subbed.

Likes and dislikes are totally subjective, of course. While some didn't like Love Hina, the series is one of my favorites.

It might be worth watching 2 or 3 episodes, and see if it piques your interest.

Love Hina is good, It is sweet, i didnt mean to diss or downplay it, it is well made and has a fun story, i just got myself weary of the harem aspect but the series itself is one of the good ones I agree people should try it to see...and I will try it again myself to see if I have changed over time it has been years since i have watched it and recall parts of it very fondly. thanks for your sharing.

I love your siggy Leggy-san, very nice and fun to watch. :)

Reactions: Leggy
Love Hina is good, It is sweet, i didnt mean to diss or downplay it, it is well made and has a fun story, i just got myself weary of the harem aspect but the series itself is one of the good ones I agree people should try it to see...and I will try it again myself to see if I have changed over time it has been years since i have watched it and recall parts of it very fondly. thanks for your sharing.

I love your siggy Leggy-san, very nice and fun to watch. :)

To be fair, Love Hina does go a bit overboard with the harem aspect at times, but the main relationship between Keitaro and Naru consistently develops and doesn't waver.

Thanks! The siggy obviously came from the live action Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.

While we're on the subject of romance series, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon certainly qualifies. More than the manga and anime, PGSS tends to emphasize the developing romance between Usagi (Sailor Moon) and Mamoru (Tuxedo Mask.)

Edit: And the girls are very cute!

Last edited:
wow they sure are. I have not liked many of the live action attempts but I think this one looks pretty good.

Yes you are right Love Hina is consistent....and really does qualify as what the Original poster was looking for so we should certainly recomend it, glad you thought of it.

hey, im thinking of watching Acchi Kocchi. Please tell me if they end up together? i need a damn kiss at the end not something ambiguous.
Need anime with a kiss, so if you plz tell.

I gave up on Toradora myself, it was just too painful and drawn out. Hope it has a happy ending but i just didnt care any more :)

And if you watch Ano Natsu de Matteru you wont have to wait for the end for a kiss..... :)

Toradora does not have a happy ending, but that ending makes it worth watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.